What's new

Mitchell says he told Jazz to keep Gobert

I also sense he is pissy with the Utah FO and feels we did him dirty here... we are not the front office he should be pissy with... NY had everything to offer and withheld a bunch... he needed to send a clear message to his agency to get him to NY if that is what he wanted... or they *** getting fired.

I also sense he is pissy with the Utah FO and feels we did him dirty here... we are not the front office he should be pissy with... NY had everything to offer and withheld a bunch... he needed to send a clear message to his agency to get him to NY if that is what he wanted... or they *** getting fired.
When he was referring to his agent yesterday, it seemed like he said a different name. I wonder if he switched agents, because he didn’t say Ty when referring to his agent yesterday. Whoever his current agent is, needs to give him better advice on what to say and do, cause he’s sucked at it over the past couple years.

When he was referring to his agent yesterday, it seemed like he said a different name. I wonder if he switched agents, because he didn’t say Ty when referring to his agent yesterday. Whoever his current agent is, needs to give him better advice on what to say and do, cause he’s sucked at it over the past couple years.

His agents are Austin Brown and Ty Sullivan. He mentioned Austin’s name on the pod.

Let’s not start making stuff up now lol. Gobert has never worked on his post game in a meaningful way.

Donovan just not giving a **** on defense is infinitely worse though.
You really have no idea what he has done to work on his post game, but his stats for finishing at the rim and short shots has improved or stayed the same over the years, so there is not "nothing" going on there.

I still remember after my wife and I were married and she gave public interviews how she really, really thought and wanted to end up with Cody as they'd known each other forever and their parents were tight, but she was still excited to be with me to see if we could work out and hopefully do some great things. Was a massive confidence booster for me.

One thing that was kind of interesting to me is that Don said he was excited about Cleveland when he learned about who they were able to keep.

Maybe I'm just cherry picking, but it kind of confirmed my theory that he didnt want out to Utah to NYK yet.

NYK has a **** roster and it would have been even more **** after trading for him. He wanted to be on a good team that would be a shoe in for the playoffs. The only good thing about going to NYK for him would be the close to family thing

One thing that was kind of interesting to me is that Don said he was excited about Cleveland when he learned about who they were able to keep.

Maybe I'm just cherry picking, but it kind of confirmed my theory that he didnt want out to Utah to NYK yet.

NYK has a **** roster and it would have been even more **** after trading for him. He wanted to be on a good team that would be a shoe in for the playoffs. The only good thing about going to NYK for him would be the close to family thing
You could kind of read his thoughts on his face as he was talking about NY. I think he was bummed out... maybe excited to be out of Utah but Cavs werent his preferred destination.

You really have no idea what he has done to work on his post game, but his stats for finishing at the rim and short shots has improved or stayed the same over the years, so there is not "nothing" going on there.

Lol neither one of those is a post game my man. If he worked on it we would have seen something over the years. I understand the Rudy love but people on here just blatantly make stuff up sometimes and there is no need to do that.

You could kind of read his thoughts on his face as he was talking about NY. I think he was bummed out... maybe excited to be out of Utah but Cavs werent his preferred destination.

On Woj’s pod he literally said he went to bed that Sunday night thinking he’d wake up on the Knicks.

I still remember after my wife and I were married and she gave public interviews how she really, really thought and wanted to end up with Cody as they'd known each other forever and their parents were tight, but she was still excited to be with me to see if we could work out and hopefully do some great things. Was a massive confidence booster for me.
Cody?

Kody-Brown-Sister-Wives-Season-17-_-TLC.jpeg

It's also really funny to me that a lot of Jazz Nation now hates Mitchell.

I now like Mitchell more. I just wanted him off the team. Now that he's off the team I'm not a hater anymore.
Most are simply seeing just how fake and just how much of a show he is.

Zero percent chance he wanted to run it back. If he said that, he said that to "say the right things" and not because he actually meant it.

I don't hate Donovan but am growing more firm in my conviction that he is insincere.

The apparent spat between him and the FO makes me like our FO more.

I think he's butthurt about the "players who didn't believe in each other comment" but let's be honest, it was 100% accurate.

Wish him well, glad he's gone.

Zero percent chance he wanted to run it back. If he said that, he said that to "say the right things" and not because he actually meant it.

I don't hate Donovan but am growing more firm in my conviction that he is insincere.

The apparent spat between him and the FO makes me like our FO more.

I think he's butthurt about the "players who didn't believe in each other comment" but let's be honest, it was 100% accurate.

Wish him well, glad he's gone.
Andy mentioned on radio yesterday in passing that Ainge and Donovan kind of had their….disagreements behind the scenes. I can see why, Ainge came in and tore the franchise back away from the dude who was given waaaay too much power and what he wanted and it was never going to be enough, so Danny came in and gave him the finger.

Mitchell did a podcast episode with Woj. It just came out this morning. He said it is easy for Ainge to look at the outside-in and get his own perception but it was just Ainge’s assumption after being around the team for 6 months that they didn’t believe in each other. He said that’s not fair to say after 6 months. Seems to be a slight dig at Ainge.
Yeah, the trouble with that though is that everyone from the outside looking saw the same thing too, and Donovan had many chances to outright say things, but he tended to be more neutral about it or did the "I'm not going to comment on something this outrageous" tact when just saying things directly would have at least been, well, more direct.

The depth the Jazz had this past season was just pitiful. Trent Forrest and Paschal got sent packing and the best they could do was two way deals. I can hear everyone on this board longing for another season of Elijah Hughes. Butler had some moments but there was a reason Quin had him behind Forrest on the depth chart. Royce was Royce and I can't believe the Jazz got a first round pick for him. Three of those guys were DM besties so it might be that to keep DM happy they brought in his buds who did not have real NBA talent. Then there was the soap opera with him and the training staff. It ain't Ainge's first rodeo.

In my book DM is a great player and guy. I wish him nothing but the best.
I feel lucky to have watched him play for the Jazz.
Beyond whatever little grey thing out there to be digged out by us bored offseason fans, I will always look at him as a giantly positive dude that luckily happened to the Utah Jazz.
It goes without saying, the same applies for Mr. Rudy Gobert.
Jazz fan I am, for the Jazz I will root. But I will follow them both.

Last edited:
I'll say this for Donovan, he's easily one of the most media savvy players I have ever seen.

I have heard at least a dozen folks including coaches, media, and other players talk about how much Rudy worked at improving his inside game. He never got where we wanted but unless a lot of folks are lying and covering for him he was putting in lots of work. Add me to the list of those that believe it.