What's new

Mitchell Will be Traded Today (9/1/22)

Either we’re getting Ayton as a part of the deal or we are dealing Mitchell as a part of the deal.
Like I said in another thread -

Nets want an All Star and a bunch of picks.

Ainge is going to want either really good players or really amazing picks or both.

I don't see how Brooklyn gets what they want, and Ainge gets what he expects in a three team deal with Phoenix whose picks will probably be pretty garbage for a few years.

Glad to see y'all come some quickly to Cy's defense over a simple run of the mill penis size joke.
I didn't respond to the post with the joke. I responded to the post where you claimed you had no ill intent. Do you understand the difference?

I don’t think this happens today… it would be tied to the KD deal and I think that happens in the next 2-3 days.
The reason I think Mitchell does NOT get moved in a KD deal is because those type of complicated deals are usually done so the team selling the highest asset(KD) will steal some long-term value(picks) from the team that is selling the second most valuable asset(In this case - Mitchell) in favor of some win now pieces for the second team. If we are trading Mitchell IMO it's much better for us to deal directly with whatever team wants him and get everything we want and more. We don't need to lock ourselves into one of those deals where we have to satisfy not one but several teams and where we are competing with another team for the best long-term pieces in that trade.

If we want to trade Mitchell... just open it up for bidding and lets see where that gets us.

The reason I think Mitchell does NOT get moved in a KD deal is because those type of complicated deals are usually done so the team selling the highest asset(KD) will steal some long-term value(picks) from the team that is selling the second most valuable asset(In this case - Mitchell) in favor of some win now pieces for the second team. If we are trading Mitchell IMO it's much better for us to deal directly with whatever team wants him and get everything we want and more. We don't need to lock ourselves into one of those deals where we have to satisfy not one but several teams and where we are competing with another team for the best long-term pieces in that trade.

I’m just no super enamored by the Heat deal the more I think about it. I would rather bank on a ****** franchise like the Knicks being bad than the Heat. That’s why getting Minnesota’s picks was a cherry on top. I don’t see the urgency with the Knicks with Brunson signing there. They probably are at least a play-in team next year.

I didn't respond to the post with the joke. I responded to the post where you claimed you had no ill intent. Do you understand the difference?
Sure do. I'm pretty sure my buddies don't go home and cry when I make a run of the mill size joke. I was just trying to get some cheap laughs.

Believe it or not, I actually tried to create a new slate with Cy but never heard back.

I’m just no super enamored by the Heat deal the more I think about it. I would rather bank on a ****** franchise like the Knicks being bad than the Heat. That’s why getting Minnesota’s picks was a cherry on top. I don’t see the urgency with the Knicks with Brunson signing there. They probably are at least a play-in team next year.
That's why you open it up for everybody to bid. You do NOT need to send him to Miami or NY. You really do NOT! Lets see what the Kings are willing to offer. Lets see if OKC wants in on the fun? What about NOP? There are tons of teams who will be willing to give you kings' ransom for Mitchell. He is still a very very valuable asset. And you know how Ainge is dealing... he will squeeze every ounce of value out of such a trade.

That's why you open it up for everybody to bid. You do NOT need to send him to Miami or NY. You really do NOT! Lets see what the Kings are willing to offer. Lets see if OKC wants in on the fun? What about NOP? There are tons of teams who will be willing to give you kings' ransom for Mitchell. He is still a very very valuable asset. And you know how Ainge is dealing... he will squeeze every ounce of value out of such a trade.

Those are just a few of the logical teams. I mean we didn’t really expect Minnesota to pony up the offer they did so we really never know.

Sure do. I'm pretty sure my buddies don't go home and cry when I make a run of the mill size joke. I was just trying to get some cheap laughs.

Believe it or not, I actually tried to create a new slate with Cy but never heard back.
Because you are on ignore where you belong.

I don't need all the negativity, hypocrisy, and personal insults you bring. I still see some of your post and respond to them, but I'm blessed to miss a lot of them.

This thread is just proof you will follow me and try to provoke me despite me doing nothing to you. Cyberbullying is a crime.

Sorry I wasn't completely clear... any Don deal will be tied to the KD deal... either directly as in he is part of the deal or the teams that lose out will then pivot to the Don deal... kinda how D Will was tied to the Melo deal.

Brooklyn case is really unique here. Most of the time you want all those picks... I think they want picks but prefer good young players... Maybe they can't get Don because of Ben... but they Might give up a couple of the picks they take from Phoenix for Herro and we slide into the trade that way... they end up with a couple picks, Bridges, Johnson, Ayton (or whatever assets Phoenix gets for him), Herro. I think a team with Ben (if he plays), Herro, Bridges, Johnson, Ayton and whatever they can get for Kyrie is okay to start building off.

The issue they have is no one team has all the stuff they want... well how are they going to get it when KD can only go to one team? Unless Phoenix can piece off Ayton and Bridges (who is someone Brooklyn should really want) for something more meaningful they won't do better than 4 firsts (and swaps), Ayton, Bridges, Johnson anywhere else imo. Our direct involvement would be something with Herro or if they moved Ben separately and gave us the firsts for Donovan... I could see Don, Bridges, Ayton being more appealing than Bridges, Ayton and a pile of picks. The tank/rebuild route doesn't work for them at all because they don't own their own draft picks.

Riley is too good.
Ainge is great but he is no Riley.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app