What's new

Mitt Romney

How do you feel about Romney's vote to convict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ask this every damn time family members bring this up. How is going anti-Trump financially or politically advantageous to conservatives? It obviously isn’t. If they wanted to further their careers or make more money, they’d kiss Trump’s butt and hope to get a gig in the White House or on Fox News. It benefits conservatives zero to go against their president. It’s just so asinine to argue that Romney/Never Trumpers are cashing in by turning on Trump.

Unless... one really values having a soul more than their career. Then It makes perfect sense.

Mitt did what he did because he saw what most of the country sees; a president committing gross impeachable acts. Why do so many Republicans value careers and money over our democracy?
Only explanation I can think of is that these people who think Romney only voted in a manner to help himself financially or politically have forgotten that people can simply do what they think is right.
Its like to some people greed and selfishness is the only motivation possible for doing something. This type of thinking has been compounded big time by the Trump era of politics.

I think he sees an opportunity to further his political career by aligning with never trumpers. Mitt has never let what he sees as an opportunity go to waste.
How large of a political segment do you think we never Trumpers are?

Its like to some people greed and selfishness is the only motivation possible for doing something. This type of thinking has been compounded big time by the Trump era of politics.

I agree. But you left out the real reason which is fear. Any republican that voted for impeachment would have, at the very least, ended up an object of Trump's ridicule on Twitter. They would have been shut out of $ by the RNC (who is banking on a Trump second term) and some if not most would be "primaried" during their next election.

Being Trump has little juice in Utah, Romney doesn't have to worry about most of above - and being ridiculed by Trump on Twitter is nothing new to him anyway.

BTW - the four democratic congressmen that voted for impeachment for Clinton - 3 were from Texas and one from Mississippi. So it pretty much runs both ways.

I agree. But you left out the real reason which is fear. Any republican that voted for impeachment would have, at the very least, ended up an object of Trump's ridicule on Twitter. They would have been shut out of $ by the RNC (who is banking on a Trump second term) and some if not most would be "primaried" during their next election.

Being Trump has little juice in Utah, Romney doesn't have to worry about most of above - and being ridiculed by Trump on Twitter is nothing new to him anyway.

BTW - the four democratic congressmen that voted for impeachment for Clinton - 3 were from Texas and one from Mississippi. So it pretty much runs both ways.
Exactly.
Fear, greed, selfishness, doing what's right, etc
There are many possible reasons to do something. It's just strange that so many trump supporters seem think the only possible reason that Romney voted the way he did is for selfish greedy reasons.
Romney is the only one who truly knows why he voted the way he did. He said it's because he took an oath and felt like he should honor that oath.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It's just strange that so many trump supporters seem think the only possible reason that Romney voted the way he did is for selfish greedy reasons.

This is called projection.

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

"We're not selfish and greedy, Romney is."

Trump is the king of projection. His followers latch onto it like babies to a teat.

It’s funny watching my Facebook feed about this. A few were so caught up in the “screw you Mitt” while a few were “praise Mitt” crowd. One surprised me with where he stood.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

It's sad to think that so many in our country think that Mitt Romney voted the way he did for motives other than doing the right thing. If it wasn't obvious that Trump deserved accountability before, it's pretty obvious now after he's ousted the Vindman brothers, Sondland, and is now interfering with the DOJ.

It's sad to think that so many in our country think that Mitt Romney voted the way he did for motives other than doing the right thing. If it wasn't obvious that Trump deserved accountability before, it's pretty obvious now after he's ousted the Vindman brothers, Sondland, and is now interfering with the DOJ.
People who cheat on their spouse are FAR FAR FAR more likely to think their spouse is cheating on them. People who lie frequently are FAR FAR FAR more likely to think people are lying to them. People who steal are FAR FAR FAR more likely to thing everyone else is stealing.

People who believe in multiple conspiracy theories are FAR more likely to be dishonest people, so they think that's the way the world works.

Hi @babe, you're probably a lying, cheating stealing POS based on your posting history. Have a nice day.

They are cowards. I wrote an Op-Ed for the Des News but apparently they aren't publishing it as I sent over a week ago -- "Profiles in Courage" in which I compared Mitt to the Senators in JFK's famous book and then segued into Bernie Sanders, and how they're all profiles in courage.

Wow, you and Thriller didn't get your papers published? Color me shocked and awed. I mean, I'm sure it wasn't the same biased idiocy that you two always complain about, right?

Right.

A couple of months ago, the same people who were hating on Mitt, calling him a flip-flopper, are now firmly on his *** because he stood his ground. Give me a ****ing break, you tools.

A couple of months ago, the same people who were hating on Mitt, calling him a flip-flopper, are now firmly on his *** because he stood his ground. Give me a ****ing break, you tools.

When he changed his positions for political convenience, I lost respect. When he tank any future Presidential hopes to have a position, I gained respect.

Yeah, I'm the tool.

Wow, you and Thriller didn't get your papers published? Color me shocked and awed. I mean, I'm sure it wasn't the same biased idiocy that you two always complain about, right?

Right.

When was I hating on Mitt? I don't agree with his politics. But I'll give him credit when he deserves it.

People who cheat on their spouse are FAR FAR FAR more likely to think their spouse is cheating on them. People who lie frequently are FAR FAR FAR more likely to think people are lying to them. People who steal are FAR FAR FAR more likely to thing everyone else is stealing.

People who believe in multiple conspiracy theories are FAR more likely to be dishonest people, so they think that's the way the world works.

Hi @babe, you're probably a lying, cheating stealing POS based on your posting history. Have a nice day.

As one who knows foreign citizens who donated to Mitt Romney's Presidential run, who has seen Mitt reverse his political stands with relative ease, even for a political wonk, and who knows his father was influential in smearing Goldwater and undercutting every other conservative Republican, and who knows something of Mitt's connections with the Bush family, and who knows of Mitt's Utah connections with the RINO Republican Bigs, and his influence in Utah to make Republican candidates much more vulnerable to big money interests, I really don't care what else Romney is, or isn't.

Your judgment based on your evidence merely shows you don't care what the truth is.

I heard Mark Levin rip on Romney during the little news blip about his online non de net pick and his little midnight runs on the webz, mocking him for having no sex life with his wife, and I just about decided to call Mark Levin and point out a few facts. His wife has MS of generally non-disclosed degree and effects, but it often involves some paralysis or nerve damage which sometimes impacts a couple's sex life. To have Mark Levin on national radio insulting a handicapped person whom he doesn't even know is truly beyond the pale.

Your insults are just as bad.

Utah deserves to get it's two Senators instead of having one belong half to Masachussetts and half to Jed Bush. Of course, the Salt Lake Committee on Foreign Relations considers his their special elite envoy to the main arteries of world political influence, and considers the unwashed simpletons of Utah as just too stupid to know a phoney when they see one.

Last edited:
^^ Haha, this guy...

I suppose if you believe in EVERY conspiracy, eventually you'll be correct, which will of course, only fuel your idiocy.