What's new

Monday Spurs VS Jazz 7 PM ET ---- Front row seat!

If you we're a minority, or even a woman, this might actually be noble.
Oh, the typical "white males don't have problems so they have no reason to be upset ever but every woman or minority should get upset about everything"

I don't but into that. I see us all just people. I don't see skin color or sex and separate in that way

True. I am someone who has experience with people saying mean things to me though (I think everyone does)
I have learned to not let words have power over me. My mom taught me a saying..... "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Don't worry too much dude, I am sure everyone in these forums have said much worse. People just are such big failures in life that they use games like this Jazz game against Spurs as an avenue to feel some sort of achievement and accomplishment even though they themselves didn't accomplish anything and now that the Jazz did really good they view themselves as high and mighty and want to nag someone for saying something racist online.

I have thick skin when I'm insulted. I don't see what thick skin has to do with standing up to a wrong.
You are a hero. Im sure alot of lives were changed for the better tonight thanks to your heroic efforts

Maybe so..... still I would rather pay big bucks to an elite offensive player to help Hayward with the playmaking duties than a poor offensive player that plays great defense.

I feel that we will be good defensively as long as we have rudy, favors, and exum (plus Hayward is a good defender) no matter who else we have at the wing.

I think we need help on the offensive end though

Oh alright. Yeah I agree. I think getting an elite offensive player at the SG or SF position is probably our biggest need.

Anyone who analyzes basketball can EASILY put the Kanter vs. Gobert debate to rest. Watch the game, see how many times SA players got into the lane, thought about putting it up and pulled it back out. Look at the errant passes trying to get it around Rudy. And you see perimeter players being more aggressive because Rudy has their back. Jazz are NOT playing that great offensively right now. They're missing shots. But they're forcing TO's and getting more possessions than the opponent.

And I may be wrong about Trey. He had his bonehead moments but he isn't taking nearly as many wild shots. I just hope he'll share the ball better once the rest of the bench proves they can shoot. And Ingles...DAMN! He was in Ginobili's head. He might be my 2nd favorite player behind Gobert. Guy likes like he shouldn't be able to play but he just does. He's a hard-nosed defender, doesn't get beat much and hits some shots.

Jazz totally messed with their minds. Duncan was complaining; Ginobili was whining and flopping; Pops was trying to work the refs. Absolutely pitiful actions by SA. Team ought to be fined $50K by the league. I hope Utah doesn't model that portion of the team after SA.

Oh alright. Yeah I agree. I think getting an elite offensive player at the SG or SF position is probably our biggest need.
Not that I would be upset with picking up leonard though

Oh, so your statement was "they're a feral bunch of people south of where you are on that forum"? Or is there a special hick meaning to every word you speak?

There doesn't seem to be an end to the idiots one has to deal with on daily basis.

you look in the mirror a lot ??

You are a hero. Im sure alot of lives were changed for the better tonight thanks to your heroic efforts

Speech is a legitimate response to speech. Dismiss me if you wish, but I am arguing against racial hatred. What are you arguing for? Apathy in the name of skin thickness? Fine. You have your ideals, and I have mine.

Don't worry too much dude, I am sure everyone in these forums have said much worse. People just are such big failures in life that they use games like this Jazz game against Spurs as an avenue to feel some sort of achievement and accomplishment even though they themselves didn't accomplish anything and now that the Jazz did really good they view themselves as high and mighty and want to nag someone for saying something racist online.

This dude is so steamed that the Jazz are doing well without Gobert that he's taking it out on all of us.

What a guy.

True. I am someone who has experience with people saying mean things to me though (I think everyone does)
I have learned to not let words have power over me. My mom taught me a saying..... "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

That's because the words come from someone who has never had a position of power over you, either directly or indirectly, that has REALLY effected your life. You're thinking that because you can act a certain way from a historical position of power, that others should do it so easily. You've never been affected by a system that is really unfairly against you or your relatives. It's not in your history, your family life, your daily interactions, or apparently in your realm of empathy. You can't simply make trite platitudes, when you're not approaching this from a position of empathy. We accomplish very little when we shower the world with our creeds but forget there's more than ourselves at stake.

Remember the people saying That Hayward can't be an All star because he gets shut down by Kawhi Leonard? Yeah, Not so much anymore. . .

Speech is a legitimate response to speech. Dismiss me if you wish, but I am arguing against racial hatred. What are you arguing for? Apathy in the name of skin thickness? Fine. You have your ideals, and I have mine.
I'm arguing for people to chill and not get too upset over a jazz forum post made in jest which seems somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things

That's because the words come from someone who has never had a position of power over you, either directly or indirectly, that has REALLY effected your life.

Are you saying that this dude on jazzfans has power over the mexican people.

I had no idea...... that does change things a bit

Remember the people saying That Hayward can't be an All star because he gets shut down by Kawhi Leonard? Yeah, Not so much anymore. . .
Hayward > leonard. And it's not even that close imo

I'm arguing for people to chill and not get too upset over a jazz forum post made in jest which seems somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things

Then you do that. I do not think chilling out is a morally justifiable response to casual racism. So I won't.

Then you do that. I do not think chilling out is a morally justifiable response to casual racism. So I won't.
Fair enough

Yeah, people saying racist things suck. However, people acting like they marched in Selma gets tiresome too.