What's new

Monday Spurs VS Jazz 7 PM ET ---- Front row seat!

Not gonna lie, I could really see Trey Burke becoming a JJ Barea type PG for us.

Sometimes we forget the dude is still young and raw. Love that he wants to win so bad that it hurts though. You can work with that. . .

You are a hero. Im sure alot of lives were changed for the better tonight thanks to your heroic efforts

Do you realize how asinine this sentiment is. Oh, there's a dude being hanged on that tree, just mind your own business and have a thick skin. This is obviously not a case of death via discrimination, but every heinous ideology begins as a seed. Hitler's ideology began as words (Mein Kampf), and moved to action. That's why, heinous ideology should be derided in whatever form. If you choose to just take this seemingly insignificant racism in stride than that's a part of your laissez-faire existence, and I suggest you take a look in the mirror.

You can make a comment about feral honkeys if ya want. I promise it went hurt me even a little. Hell you can even make it specifically about me. (Fish is a feral ******) I don't mind.

I have perspective enough to know that words don't hurt me unless I choose to let them

Words do hurt people. Entire populations of people. When people are comfortable verbally denigrating an entire group they are comfortable discriminating in ways that really **** up those peoples lives. You're right though, guys like you and I(white guys) are only hurt by words if we choose to let them. That isn't the case for everybody.

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 14m14 minutes ago
The Kanter/Jazz breakup may be a win-win. It's kinda like when I stop going to buffets—saves the restaurant money and helps me lose weight.

Do you realize how asinine this sentiment is. Oh, there's a dude being hanged on that tree, just mind your own business and have a thick skin. This is obviously not a case of death via discrimination, but every heinous ideology begins as a seed. Hitler's ideology began as words (Mein Kampf), and moved to action. That's why, heinous ideology should be derided in whatever form. If you choose to just take this seemingly insignificant racism in stride than that's a part of your laissez-faire existence, and I suggest you take a look in the mirror.
Pretty sure if we let this dudes comment go without getting after him that there would be no horrific ramifications.
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill

Are you saying that this dude on jazzfans has power over the mexican people.

I had no idea...... that does change things a bit

Spoken like someone who has simply accepted racism in some of its forms. Not much you can do to persuade people who don't give enough **** to even try to understand it let alone change it.

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 14m14 minutes ago
The Kanter/Jazz breakup may be a win-win. It's kinda like when I stop going to buffets—saves the restaurant money and helps me lose weight.

It probably is a win-win. Can't we all just be happy with that and get along? :)

Pretty sure if we let this dudes comment go without getting after him that there would be no horrific ramifications.
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill

I'll drop it now, since you're obviously fine with accepting racism with a thick skin. Can you imagine if an NBA owner had said the comments made about Mexicans, or should the Clippers still have Donald Sterling as their owner?

Spoken like someone who has simply accepted racism in some of its forms. Not much you can do to persuade people who don't give enough **** to even try to understand it let alone change it.
You were saying the reason racism is so powerful is because of the power the offender has over the offendee.

So what power does the jazz fan poster have over the people of mexico I ask you?

Hell I don't even remember the posters name. All this talk about his comment is probably empowering him tbh.

Then you do that. I do not think chilling out is a morally justifiable response to casual racism. So I won't.

dude, apologies if the meaning carries something different to you which it obviously does. Here caucasian people from a northern state refer to other caucasians from a southern state as "mexicans" with nothing but humorous intent. It has nothing to do with racial hatred or casual racism, merely geography. Going by your reaction obviously such tensions are a big deal there, apologies again for the loss in translation. Take a breath, accept my apology, move on.

I'll drop it now, since you're obviously fine with accepting racism with a thick skin. Can you imagine if an NBA owner had said the comments made about Mexicans, or should the Clippers still have Donald Sterling as their owner?
I think that nba owners or people in power vs a jazz fanz poster is apples to oranges. Just my opinion.

God dammit I will NOT let this thread derail. It was too good of a win.

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/C4BF6794711181831648216743936_SW_WEBM_1424744831469b29476c1e4.mp4?versionId=JbjDx5HKNmCJTQ7xFGAKIZS0Woi9jpXi

dude, apologies if the meaning carries something different to you which it obviously does. Here caucasian people from a northern state refer to other caucasians from a southern state as "mexicans" with nothing but humorous intent. It has nothing to do with racial hatred or casual racism, merely geography. Going by your reaction obviously such tensions are a big deal there, apologies again for the loss in translation. Take a breath, accept my apology, move on.
It's all good bro. Just be careful when you use terms talking about culture, race, sex, nationality, or anything of that nature

No harm was done man

I am not Mexican or Latin American, so I don't need an apology. But I'll take your explanation for what it is and agree to move on.