What's new

Monetary Policy and the Constitution

But considering gold in some sort of exchange equilibrium with other commodities, like grains and oil, produces the market effect of much more value in our goods than in our currency, even though we print a lot of it. the prices of all commodities will help spread the effects of our fiat currency printing addiction. Meaning all these prices, including that of real estate, will rise. Meaning, unless we can just become more productive somehow, our standard of living will decline in proportion because we won't be able to buy as much "stuff".

Good points.
But you forget babe, it's not prices of commodities and real estate rising.... it's the devaluation of our dollar through excessive printing that makes the dollar more and more useless in the exchange rate with said commodities.

note the edit...
How can someone be emotionally corrupt? By definition, emotions are genuine.
Which highlights the hypocrisy of the other 2 statements.
Lawyered.

note the edit...
How can someone be emotionally corrupt? By definition, emotions are genuine.
Which disproves the other 2 statements.
Lawyered.

I knew that when I typed it. Kind of a way to show how farfetched this created personna of yours, is.

you knew "that", what is that?
how does this show farfetched...?
you are being illogical.

I can't help it, everytime you say the word 'illogical' (which is often), I picture ths;

mr-spock.jpg

I would like to see 75% of the posters here come to an agreement about what our goals as a country are, let alone the people of the USA, (attacks against me aside).

I would like to see 75% of the posters here come to an agreement about what our goals as a country are, let alone the people of the USA, (attacks against me aside).

All kidding aside, I firmly believe we can obtain majority agreement as to what the goals are .. just don't think we'll agree on how we should go about reaching those goals.

All kidding aside, I firmly believe we can obtain majority agreement as to what the goals are .. just don't think we'll agree on how we should go about reaching those goals.
challenged
75%
with full participation from active posters.
Don't reframe the issue.
I should demand 90%, I am making it easy for you.

challenge

Okay .. which part? A challenge to see if we can agree on the goals or a challenge to see if we can agree on how to get there? Please be more specific. (don't say both or I'll ignore you .. actually, please say both)