What's new

Musk's Twitter starts banning journalists

We are speaking on the same thing. Elonjet has created a program that takes public information (flight plans ect) and then uses software to take private information from the transponders and compute where the plane is.
Yes, it has part public information and part private information. Overall Elons flights would be private without this process. Then Elonjet takes the information and publishes it. This is where you could consider it public. With Twitters TOS, this is not the case. It is not published by the owner (Elon). So people who post the Elonjet information on Twitter will get a 7 day suspension.

Once again, it’s subjective if it’s public information and to the owner and his recent harassment, it’s considered private.

He is not going after the left. It’s just that the left leaning journalists were not following the rules.
I dont think I ever mentioned the left or the right but whatevers. I dont even tweet or have a twitter account and dont really care what the twitter owner does with twitter. Just noticed that the rules you posted seemed to specify private info shouldn't be posted and one brow stated that the info posted was public information.

This is helpful for those trying to get past the partisanship that has rotted out some people’s minds and understand what this is really about.

We are speaking on the same thing. Elonjet has created a program that takes public information (flight plans ect) and then uses software to take private information from the transponders and compute where the plane is.
If the information is private, how does ElonJet access it? Are they misusing access to a system?

Once again, it’s subjective if it’s public information and to the owner and his recent harassment, it’s considered private.
The distinction between public and private information has very little subjectivity.

It appears that several of the accounts were reinstated, some of them with the caveat that they had to delete some previous tweets.

Keith Olbermann is still blocked, though.

And Libs of Tik Tok is still doxxing teachers and librarians. Interesting.

It’s also interesting that Musk restored a bunch of those accounts by a poll. Interesting way of going about protecting people. Seems to me like policy should be based on more concrete reasoning than whatever Musk feels like day to day. It’s his platform so he has a right to do with it as he sees fit.

Also interesting how those that complain the most about social media benefit the most from it. They benefit the most from these companies and the algorithms that spew anger, disinformation, and racism. It’s what generates clicks!

View: https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1603952491367907331?s=46&t=MFAqCuwaY3-BTFv8krgheg

Is this considered doxxing? If I retweet this will I run the risk of having my account suspended?

View: https://twitter.com/ahmed/status/1604485254772842499?s=46&t=8K2rlyWvJFXbCsXE7CR2rw

Just another of one of your faux-naïf questions. I don’t understand why you ask vapid questions, it’s not adding anything to this conversation. If you want to add something noteworthy, you would have brought up Taylor Lorenz and having her account suspended. Prior doxxing? Now that is something to criticize him for.

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1604482428281753601?s=46&t=LC-u9VgJRUNNa8PRkloqIQ

Everyone knows the entire reason Musk took over twitter was so he can directly control the information exchanged and continue to post whatever he wants with no repercussions. He is learning how difficult it is to actually keep a free marketplace of ideas flowing in real time when you restrict speech and encourage negative voices: you lose the vast majority of ordinary people who are the real engine behind the success of such ventures. Now he has a decision to make: does he want to keep twitter his own personal echo chamber, or does he want it to remain popular and continue being used and useful for the majority of the previously engaged community.

If I were to guess, I would say he will keep it his own personal echo chamber until it is literally sucking enough of his money that he has no choice but to revamp the platform to get a better return on his RIDICULOUS "investment".

The era of demagogues with global reach and a burgeoning oligarchy is in full-swing.

Everyone knows the entire reason Musk took over twitter was so he can directly control the information exchanged and continue to post whatever he wants with no repercussions.
That is because everyone is stupid and what they think they "know" is nothing more than speculation. The more insightful crowd sees this as Elon was looking to divest from Tesla in a way that minimized the negative impact to the Tesla stock. Billions of dollars of Tesla stock wasn't being dumped but rather it was a hefty sacrifice Elon had to make in order to make a very high profile acquisition in order to realize his dreams of directly controlling the exchange of information so there is no reason worry about why Elon was liquidating crazy amounts of Tesla stock.

Musk’s more thoughtful response to his original “epic thread” response came 5 hrs later. Check the times Buck. Clearly, a CYA move in an attempt to salvage how he truly feels. This is following the same trajectory as when Trump would spout his true feelings, receive flack, read some statement a day later, and Repubs would focus on the emotionless statement he read. As if his true feelings weren’t actually expressed in the initial outburst.

It’s also not the first time he’s played footsies with Medvedev. You’d think not praising Russia and Putin’s toadies would be easy. But it’s not. And Musk can always count on America’s right wing to always give him the benefit of doubt.

Tribalism is a powerful drug. You know you don’t *have* to excuse this kind of irresponsible behavior, right? This is inexcusable.

Musk could have:
1. Ignored the tweet from Medvedev.
2. Called it absurd initially.

Instead he praised it (cha bra! Epic thread about an American civil war! So cool!), brought attention to it, received flack, and is now desperately trying to backtrack. While tribal rubes like you buy it hook line and sinker.

Last edited:
Musk’s more thoughtful response to his original “epic thread” response came 5 hrs later. Check the times Buck. Clearly, a CYA move in an attempt to salvage how he truly feels. This is following the same trajectory as when Trump would spout his true feelings, receive flack, read some statement a day later, and Repubs would focus on the emotionless statement he read. As if his true feelings weren’t actually expressed in the initial outburst.

It’s also not the first time he’s played footsies with Medvedev. You’d think not praising Russia and Putin’s toadies would be easy. But it’s not. And Musk can always count on America’s right wing to always give him the benefit of doubt.

Tribalism is a powerful drug. You know you don’t *have* to excuse this kind of irresponsible behavior, right?

Musk could have:
1. Ignored the tweet from Medvedev.
2. Called it absurd initially.

Instead he praised it, brought attention to it, received flack, and is now desperately trying to backtrack. While tribal rubes like you buy it hook line and sinker.
Playing some defense here.

First, I’m pointing out there was a “clarification” tweet (tweets). Its for people who can’t read a room(or thread). Example, there is a group on Facebook where all parents of volleyball club players go and ask questions or post information. Well when a post and comments are a complete train wreck, a parent(s) on our team will post a “Epic post” or “Amazing” or “You need to read this” in our group thread. This does not mean that they agree with the post, but to show others how ridiculous it is.
This is same thing when you thought Gameface was threatening you, when he was saying “I will blow your mind”. You didn’t understand the context. You didn’t understand it here too, because most likely want it to be true.
When you read the thread, you can tell it’s just a train wreck from the start. Civil War resulting in Mexico and Texas being a state?!?!? 4th Reich?!?!? Poland and Hungary occupying Ukraine. If you genuinely believe that Musk agrees with that ****, I honestly don’t know how to help you out.

Secondly, you point out the time difference in the clarification post and the original post. I’m going to point out to you, that you still posted an out of context tweet 15 hours after all of Musks other posts on the subject. You knowingly post the miss information tweet just to try to persuade others to think negatively of Musk. Just dishonest.

Playing some defense here.

First, I’m pointing out there was a “clarification” tweet (tweets). Its for people who can’t read a room(or thread). Example, there is a group on Facebook where all parents of volleyball club players go and ask questions or post information. Well when a post and comments are a complete train wreck, a parent(s) on our team will post a “Epic post” or “Amazing” or “You need to read this” in our group thread. This does not mean that they agree with the post, but to show others how ridiculous it is.
This is same thing when you thought Gameface was threatening you, when he was saying “I will blow your mind”. You didn’t understand the context. You didn’t understand it here too, because most likely want it to be true.
When you read the thread, you can tell it’s just a train wreck from the start. Civil War resulting in Mexico and Texas being a state?!?!? 4th Reich?!?!? Poland and Hungary occupying Ukraine. If you genuinely believe that Musk agrees with that ****, I honestly don’t know how to help you out.

Secondly, you point out the time difference in the clarification post and the original post. I’m going to point out to you, that you still posted an out of context tweet 15 hours after all of Musks other posts on the subject. You knowingly post the miss information tweet just to try to persuade others to think negatively of Musk. Just dishonest.
Musk is trying to save himself from his deplorable original tweet. Again, he could’ve ignored it or called it out for its depravity. Instead, he praised it. And just like Trump, he’s trying to save himself (and cover up his true feelings) by attempting hours later to issue out a more thoughtful statement. It’s not working. His behavior (this isn’t the first time he’s played footsies with Putin’s puppy) is leading to catastrophic losses to Tesla’s stock. The proof is in the pudding! Musk relying on tribal rubes like you to decipher his tweets rather than take him at his word just seems to be working out swell.
9FBD4C86-FB43-486D-A6E0-73230BA78B2B.jpeg
The fact that you feel the need to defend this just shows the raw tribal mentality that has eaten out your brains. If he had been posting pro left wing talking pts, you’d be blasting away at him. I’m just calling balls and strikes here bud. Be honest bud. No need to defend this or buy into his half baked cover up tweet. Be better than this

Last edited:
Musk is trying to save himself from his deplorable original tweet. Again, he could’ve ignored it or called it out for its depravity. Instead, he praised it. And just like Trump, he’s trying to save himself (and cover up his true feelings) by attempting hours later to issue out a more thoughtful statement. It’s not working. His behavior (this isn’t the first time he’s played footsies with Putin’s puppy) is leading to catastrophic losses to Tesla’s stock. The proof is in the pudding! Musk relying on tribal rubes like you to decipher his tweets rather than take him at his word just seems to be working out swell.
View attachment 13590
The fact that you feel the need to defend this just shows the raw tribal mentality that has eaten out your brains. If he had been posting pro left wing talking pts, you’d be blasting away at him. I’m just calling balls and strikes here bud. Be honest bud. No need to defend this or buy into his half baked cover up tweet. Be better than this
Please educate everyone why all EV car companies are crashing. Maybe just maybe it’s not about twitter. It could be about raw materials and macro economics.

You’re calling balls and strikes blind. Again not everything is tribal or politics.

Last edited: