What's new

Musk's Twitter starts banning journalists

Much like Trump, Musk is a malignant narcissist. He has no morals. So the other night he saw a depraved thread posted by a deplorable character making horrible predictions. He elevated the thread because it made one prediction that flattered him, “he’d become president.” Just like when Trump would elevate conspiracies and white supremacists because they said something that tickled his ego. And just like Trump, he caught flack and is now trying to backtrack.

In the grand scheme of things, this is just one more stupid thing Musk has done and will do. But we also need to remember that every stupid thing he does, does real damage (like Trump). The Kremlin will use this for weeks to bolster its attacks on Ukraine and the west. America’s enemies throughout the world will use this to undermine liberal democracies. Shouldn’t we expect more of our leaders and influential people? Shouldn’t we expect more out of the owner of one of the world’s largest social media companies? Why does tribalism supersede everything? We shouldn’t be defending bad behavior all because Musk is seen to be part of “our tribe”. Cmon.

Much like Trump, Musk is a malignant narcissist. He has no morals. So the other night he saw a depraved thread posted by a deplorable character making horrible predictions. He elevated the thread because it made one prediction that flattered him, “he’d become president.” Just like when Trump would elevate conspiracies and white supremacists because they said something that tickled his ego. And just like Trump, he caught flack and is now trying to backtrack.

In the grand scheme of things, this is just one more stupid thing Musk has done and will do. But we also need to remember that every stupid thing he does, does real damage (like Trump). The Kremlin will use this for weeks to bolster its attacks on Ukraine and the west. America’s enemies throughout the world will use this to undermine liberal democracies. Shouldn’t we expect more of our leaders and influential people? Shouldn’t we expect more out of the owner of one of the world’s largest social media companies? Why does tribalism supersede everything? We shouldn’t be defending bad behavior all because Musk is seen to be part of “our tribe”. Cmon.
I think it's also important to point out that he's not even eligible to be president of the United States.

I think it's also important to point out that he's not even eligible to be president of the United States.
Right, good point. Which makes it even more inexcusable that he elevated Medvedev’s tweet about Ukrainian cockroaches and civil war in America with, “epic Thread!” Shouldn’t we expect more out of the world’s richest and most influential characters? And maybe RWers shouldn’t act like zombies and mindlessly defend this deplorable character? Let stop excusing inexcusable behavior because of tribalism.

Last edited:
Please educate everyone why all EV car companies are crashing. Maybe just maybe it’s not about twitter. It could be about raw materials and macro economics.

You’re calling balls and strikes blind. Again not everything is tribal or politics.
If you ever wanted a Tesla, it does seem the landscape has changed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-9_As6qq4

If you ever wanted a Tesla, it does seem the landscape has changed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-9_As6qq4

There are also a lot of reported issues with used Teslas, including severely reduced battery capacity and life. And right now with the cold snap in LA it is affecting battery life in general. They do not do well in cold weather. My Clarity usually gets me to work with a tiny bit of battery remaining but this last week, frankly most of this year so far, I have been running out of battery 2-5 miles before I get to work.

What a shock! Enemies of America exploit
Musk’s stupidity and use his social media platform to hurt fellow Americans. This next election cycle is going to be brutal. Especially if Russia continues to lose in Ukraine. They’ll see their only chance of winning is to elect Trump/DeSantis and as many republicans as possible to break our effort in arming Ukraine.

Yeah, musk got some wins so he is obviously the smartest person alive.

Muck is a ****ing *** clown. And he's a jackass to boot.

Yeah, musk got some wins so he is obviously the smartest person alive.

Muck is a ****ing *** clown. And he's a jackass to boot.

I was going to use the Hitler and the interstate thing but this was better. Besides I think this thread has already been Godwinned.

The guy founded PayPal, then founded SpaceX, and made Tesla the biggest electric car producer in the world. If that guy sucks then WTF does that make someone like you?
Musk founded x.com, which later merged with Paypal. It makes someone with large initial capital who had good timing.

So Al thinks someone who is succesful cant also suck? Hitler and epstein say hello. To name a few.

Free speech absolutist... not so much. No reasonable person is a free speech absolutist, not Musk now apparently. Musk is not a reasonable person but taking on the garbage pail that is twitter is teaching him a few things about the dangers of providing a platform for harmful communications.

Read up for five minutes on Rwanda and he and anyone else should realize that.

Read up for five minutes on Rwanda and he and anyone else should realize that.
Have you ever read the book, “We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families?”

Pretty incredible and it’s so applicable for our time. The political and media situation in America is unsustainable. You can’t have a propaganda apparatus keep scaring 30-40 percent of the population that their religions, schools, race, and way of life is under assault 24/7 without detrimental consequences. And we’re seeing it play out with right wing hate and violence; whether it be this “soft violence” like what we’ve seen with school boards or the hard violence with Trumpers shooting up schools, churches, and malls