What's new

My dumb YouTube stuff

How do you feel about Reddit banning /watchpeopledie? That's a pretty hot topic. I never have the guts to watch half of the videos, but i think it's important for that subreddit to exist for people to truly see the horrors of the world and i feel much more thankful living in a civilized society and value life so much more. I've also become a much more alert pediastrian/driver because I don't want to end up as a splat on the ground from what Ive seen. It just seems like after all these horrible events, people just become a statistic when there are no unedited or uncensored videos of events. Sorry to take a dark turn on your thread.

How do you feel about Reddit banning /watchpeopledie? That's a pretty hot topic. I never have the guts to watch half of the videos, but i think it's important for that subreddit to exist for people to truly see the horrors of the world and i feel much more thankful living in a civilized society and value life so much more. I've also become a much more alert pediastrian/driver because I don't want to end up as a splat on the ground from what Ive seen. It just seems like after all these horrible events, people just become a statistic when there are no unedited or uncensored videos of events. Sorry to take a dark turn on your thread.
I know Reddit is all about "post anything, talk about anything", but there are some pretty evil things like that on there. I am totally okay with reddit removing that from there. If you want to watch videos like that, there are plenty of places on the web to find it.

So... I'm going to stop posting links to my videos on here. I was informed that the written words, not spoken words, in the videos are not allowed. I find it a little strange, that linking something that has bad language being a violation of rules opens up pandoras box of what violates the rules of the board, but I digress.

I'll keep making videos, but apparently if i do, i could potentially be banned from jazzfanzz. Thanks for watching

So... I'm going to stop posting links to my videos on here. I was informed that the written words, not spoken words, in the videos are not allowed. I find it a little strange, that linking something that has bad language being a violation of rules opens up pandoras box of what violates the rules of the board, but I digress.

I'll keep making videos, but apparently if i do, i could potentially be banned from jazzfanzz. Thanks for watching
Or you could keep written profanity out of your videos like you do with spoken profanity... just sayin'.

Maybe you could tell people where to go to see the videos but not in link form?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Or you could keep written profanity out of your videos like you do with spoken profanity... just sayin'.
There are plenty of examples of people linking jazz related videos or articles where people have cursed either in the article, the comments or the video. Just sayin'

There are plenty of examples of people linking jazz related videos or articles where people have cursed either in the article, the comments or the video. Just sayin'

If we're including the comment section, then all of Youtube is off limits!

Exactly. So where is the line? Linking a page with questionable language?

It leads to a pandoras box of "hmm that's questionably offensive"

I just wanted to link to my videos. I dont curse in the videos but there is occasionally foul language in the video you can read. That's the same as linking a page with foul language in the comments imho. Same thing.

Hell, the reason why I don't curse in the video is because YouTube considers it family friendly if you dont curse and puts it in a different, more widely viewed, category. So, yeah its acceptable for YouTube for being family friendly, but Colton seems to be a better judge than a multibillion dollar company.

Anyways, I'll stop posting my videos. I just wanted to share something that was.pretty important to me. Thanks Colton

Last edited:
Exactly. So where is the line? Linking a page with questionable language?

It leads to a pandoras box of "hmm that's questionably offensive"

I just wanted to link to my videos. I dont curse in the videos but there is occasionally foul language in the video you can read. That's the same as linking a page with foul language in the comments imho. Same thing.

Hell, the reason why I don't curse in the video is because YouTube considers it family friendly if you dont curse and puts it in a different, more widely viewed, category. So, yeah its acceptable for YouTube for being family friendly, but Colton seems to be a better judge than a multibillion dollar company.

Anyways, I'll stop posting my videos. I just wanted to share something that was.pretty important to me. Thanks Colton
When your video gets embedded into the jazzfanz website, how is written profanity in the video any different than posting written profanity on jazzfanz itself? Except when it's on a video, the jazzfanz profanity filter has no chance of functioning.

And I'm actually super surprised that YouTube treats swearing in images different than it treats swearing in audio. But that's their business, I suppose. My guess is that it's probably just harder to detect in images but I suspect if they detect it, it will have the same consequences.

At any rate I'm not going to apologize for wanting to maintain a family friendly environment on our website here. Personally I was serious about my suggestion of you just blurring out the swear words or otherwise not including them in the video. I'd love for you to be able to post your videos here.

I thought there was a recent change that made Jazzfanz more compatible with the current reality? What I mean by that is that it sounded like Jason was saying you maybe could link to a video that had a couple swares, but it would be a somewhat ambiguous line, and that warnings like NSFW or using the spoiler function (humm, wonder who campaigned for that good 'ol spoiler function back in the day?) would help to prevent getting a warning (or warning with points).

Yeah, we decided quite a
I thought there was a recent change that made Jazzfanz more compatible with the current reality? What I mean by that is that it sounded like Jason was saying you maybe could link to a video that had a couple swares, but it would be a somewhat ambiguous line, and that warnings like NSFW or using the spoiler function (humm, wonder who campaigned for that good 'ol spoiler function back in the day?) would help to prevent getting a warning (or warning with points).
Good point, here's what Jason wrote about that.
https://jazzfanz.com/threads/official-rule-regarding-links-embedded-content.106367/

Not exactly sure how this is going to work in practice with what seems like a wide gray area. Might depend on which moderators look at any reported posts. I personally would tend to hold an embedded video to a higher standard than a simple link to external content, and I would hold something outside of spoiler tags to a higher standard than something inside spoiler tags And there are some words I would be more inclined to allow than others. Etc. We'll see how it goes.