What's new

National Lampoon's European Vacation staring Donald Trump

I'm not exactly sure why these people are claiming to be surprised. He has given us no indication that he would do anything different than what he did today. He apparently idolizes dictators and autocrats and will disavow his own country to appease them and make them "like" him.

He is not a fan of democratic leaders and is doing everything he can to undermine our allies.

He has shown his true colors, and they don't seem to be red, white and blue. Yet his "patriot" supporters will find a way to justify his actions. Disturbing, to say the least.

Good post

I'm not exactly sure why these people are claiming to be surprised. He has given us no indication that he would do anything different than what he did today. He apparently idolizes dictators and autocrats and will disavow his own country to appease them and make them "like" him.

He is not a fan of democratic leaders and is doing everything he can to undermine our allies.

He has shown his true colors, and they don't seem to be red, white and blue. Yet his "patriot" supporters will find a way to justify his actions. Disturbing, to say the least.

The surprise was voiced because nobody had ever seen an American president willingly betray his nation, live, before the entire world. Regardless of the philosophy he espoused during the campaign, and reflected in his coziness with other authoritarians, regardless of declaring the European Union the first of America's "foes" only a day earlier, the impact of seeing a president appear as a coward and traitor before the entire world came as a surprise to many. It was a jaw dropping moment in the history of the American presidency, and in our nation's history. People, myself included, thought we had lost the ability to be stunned by his words and actions, but to witness a total capitulation to our chief adversary was indeed stunning. July 16, 2018 will be remembered as a day of infamy in the history of this administration, and in the history of our country.

The surprise was voiced because nobody had ever seen an American president willingly betray his nation, live, before the entire world. Regardless of the philosophy he espoused during the campaign, and reflected in his coziness with other authoritarians, regardless of declaring the European Union the first of America's "foes" only a day earlier, the impact of seeing a president appear as a coward and traitor before the entire world came as a surprise to many. It was a jaw dropping moment in the history of the American presidency, and in our nation's history. People, myself included, thought we had lost the ability to be stunned by his words and actions, but to witness a total capitulation to our chief adversary was indeed stunning. July 16, 2018 will be remembered as a day of infamy in the history of this administration, and in the history of our country.

The question is, did the ***** Grabber In Chief just seal his loss in the next election?

And why aren't Congress saying, "We must remove this President, we have no choice"?

Last edited:
But the question is, did the ***** Grabber In Chief just seal his loss in the next election?

I don't believe we can answer that question. Yesterday was a moment that will live in infamy. History will certainly remember July 16, 2018 as the day an American president surrendered to the leader of a mafia state, before the entire world, and brought lasting shame upon himself. One would think such a stunnning surrender will brand Trump a traitor and seal his fate. But we are two years away from the 2020 election, and the Trump cult of personality is locked into their blindness. And we don't know what developments will occur between now and then.

That press conference was an absolute **** show, Trump is completely uninterested in standing up for his own country. As bad as that was I can only imagine how things went behind closed doors.

LOL at the outrage from the left here. How quickly you've all forgotten Obama's soft verbal stance. Plus, he let them annex part of another country. Obama let them take a ****ing country's land. They began building non-compliant weapons. Obama? "Please dont. Oh you are anyway, well, uh, oh, okay, uh...". Russians ****ed around in Syria under Obama. Trump has military killing Russian mercenaries in Syria. Trump is pushing back against Russian-Iranian ties. Ukraine was armed under Trump. We hit back with our own non-compliant missile program. Etc.

If anything, Trump is a continuation of Obama era tactics (imagine our military complex not influencing/controlling that for once) (don't take it from me, ask all those Ivy League professors who have a memory that lasts longer than 15 minutes and can't afford to lose a career over letting their emotions grab them by the *****).

Trump's actions speak louder than words. If you are one of those concerned by a meaningless press conference you should probably re-evaluate your emotional state of being.

LOL at the outrage from the left here. How quickly you've all forgotten Obama's soft verbal stance. Plus, he let them annex part of another country. Obama let them take a ****ing country's land. They began building non-compliant weapons. Obama? "Please dont. Oh you are anyway, well, uh, oh, okay, uh...". Russians ****ed around in Syria under Obama. Trump has military killing Russian mercenaries in Syria. Trump is pushing back against Russian-Iranian ties. Ukraine was armed under Trump. We hit back with our own non-compliant missile program. Etc.

If anything, Trump is a continuation of Obama era tactics (imagine our military complex not influencing/controlling that for once) (don't take it from me, ask all those Ivy League professors who have a memory that lasts longer than 15 minutes and can't afford to lose a career over letting their emotions grab them by the *****).

Trump's actions speak louder than words. If you are one of those concerned by a meaningless press conference you should probably re-evaluate your emotional state of being.

Yeah, meaningless.

Lol at people always bringing up obama whenever trump does something stupid or wrong or whatever.

He "misspoke." It will now go away like all of his terrible mistakes in the minds of most Americans, but probably not in the minds of Russians.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-election-meddling/ar-AAAdqKk?ocid=spartanntp

President Trump said on Tuesday that he had misspoken a day earlier in Helsinki, Finland, when he appeared to take the word of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia over the conclusion of his own intelligence agencies on Russian election meddling in 2016. On Tuesday, Mr. Trump said he “accepts” those findings.

Mr. Trump said the misunderstanding arose from his use of a “double negative.”

“The sentence should have been ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia,’ sort of a double negative,” he said. “So you can put that in and I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself. I have on numerous occasions noted our intelligence findings that Russians attempted to interfere in our elections."

Mr. Trump had been criticized even by many in his own party for rejecting the assessments of American intelligence and law enforcement. In walking back those remarks on Tuesday, Mr. Trump said he reviewed the transcript from the joint news conference on Monday and he “realized that there is a need for clarification.”

Lol at people always bringing up obama whenever trump does something stupid or wrong or whatever.

Does context make your ears ring and head hurt? That had nothing to do with Obama or Trump, really. It's about the reaction from these leftist versions of Sean Hannity.

But hey, they waited patiently for 8 years for their turn at misery and outrage. Who am I to spoil the fun? Hell, if I were Trump I'd play along by firing up even more stuff the DNC base has been pushing for decades and now is morally opposed to (like trade protectionism and diplomacy with Russia). Nothing pisses them off more than a Republican president enacting their ideas. Oh the self loathing that follows. This train wreck is a tragicomedy.

Here's an example of a real realized Man speaking with a CIA I mean CNN :cool: asset:

Does context make your ears ring and head hurt? That had nothing to do with Obama or Trump, really. It's about the reaction from these leftist versions of Sean Hannity.

But hey, they waited patiently for 8 years for their turn at misery and outrage. Who am I to spoil the fun? Hell, if I were Trump I'd play along by firing up even more stuff the DNC base has been pushing for decades and now is morally opposed to (like trade protectionism and diplomacy with Russia). Nothing pisses them off more than a Republican president enacting their ideas. Oh the self loathing that follows. This train wreck is a tragicomedy.
I don't even know where to begin with this nonsense. I guess to start I'd point out this isn't a left vs right thing, some of the most angry public rebukes have come from politicians very much on the right side of the political spectrum.

There's this ridiculous notion I've seen here and elsewhere that because right wingers spun unhinged conspiracy theories about Obama for 8 years that the same thing is going on now with the left and Trump. The difference being that Obama, though he was imperfect, had a fairly scandal free presidency. Meanwhile the Trump administration has been scandal ridden from the jump, including potential conspiracy with a foreign adversary for political gain, using the office to promote his personal businesses, emolulents galore, attacking the press as enemies of the people, calling nazis 'fine people' after Charlottesville, etc etc.

I get that it feels good to portray both sides as the same, conveniently placing yourself above both, but it's not a view that is at all based in reality.

I don't even know where to begin with this nonsense. I guess to start I'd point out this isn't a left vs right thing, some of the most angry public rebukes have come from politicians very much on the right side of the political spectrum.

Those people don't entertain me. What am I supposed to do, congratulate them over and over for disliking someone from a party they relate to the most? Good for them. Or am I supposed to pat the neo-cons on the back? John McCain and Hatch are the heroes of the day, how exciting.

Member Nixon and watergate?

Here's an example of a real realized Man speaking with a CIA I mean CNN :cool: asset:

What an obvious attempt at getting Rand Paul to fold to the establishment rhetoric. I couldn't agree more in what Rand says that despite the fact that both countries are guilty of espionage in the past, it's clever to keep open lines between the US and Russia, the two largest nuclear superpowers in the globe.

There's this ridiculous notion I've seen here and elsewhere that because right wingers spun unhinged conspiracy theories about Obama for 8 years that the same thing is going on now with the left and Trump. The difference being that Obama, though he was imperfect, had a fairly scandal free presidency. Meanwhile the Trump administration has been scandal ridden from the jump, including potential conspiracy with a foreign adversary for political gain, using the office to promote his personal businesses, emolulents galore, attacking the press as enemies of the people, calling nazis 'fine people' after Charlottesville, etc etc.

I get that it feels good to portray both sides as the same, conveniently placing yourself above both, but it's not a view that is at all based in reality.

In reality foreign over-interventionism has been a common policy no matter who the POTUS has been. A policy that has proven failed in the long term, as history has shown us (i.e. the Spanish and Roman Empires).

He "misspoke." It will now go away like all of his terrible mistakes in the minds of most Americans, but probably not in the minds of Russians.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-election-meddling/ar-AAAdqKk?ocid=spartanntp

That was funny. Read it from a script, and you could tell he didn't believe a word of it. Anyway, just listening to the context from the Helsinki press conference, it really only works if he was using the word he wanted to use, "would", correctly the first time. It doesn't really fit the context in his corrected version.

You sound cynical. I don't blame you. But History will judge the coward from Helsinki. And I hope we'll get to dress him down to size too some day. Pretty brave lockin up kids. Facing Vlad, eh, not so much.

Funny Trump lie from the European trip. Several times in interviews, he said his father was born in Germany. At one time, said both parents born in EU countries, "mom in Scotland, dad in Germany". Except he wasn't. His father was born in the United States. I guess he's got a new birther lie going, lol....

In reality foreign over-interventionism has been a common policy no matter who the POTUS has been. A policy that has proven failed in the long term, as history has shown us (i.e. the Spanish and Roman Empires).

What about the Roman Empire? It lasted A THOUSAND YEARS (both republic and empire), and never really failed. It just eventually became dominated by the Germanic peoples, and evolved into medieval Europe.

Roman empire collapsed due to their currency, same as USSR, similar path USA is on. Ironically USSR went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan.... read some ron paul man