What's new

NBA Columnist/Cavs Insider Sam Amico: "Jazz have made Burks available"

Sounds like Corbin is giving another player the silent treatement. Always a wise move when you manage people for a living.

Sucks when it's a guy (most of us) like - isn't it?

That seems like a broad assumption from the limited amount of information we have.

I bet the Jazz have seen him in practice and haven't been impressed. Also, when he's on the floor he's clearly not doing what he has been assigned to do, unless of course Corbin told him to go in and completely take over the game and dominate the ball. Even if that was the case he has failed so far, even though he's tried.

Everyone here wants Burks to be something he's not so bad their willing to see it when it doesn't exist.

I don't necessarily disagree with you...

But...

Why isn't Jefferson held to anywhere close to the same standard? Do the Jazz really want him to constantly chuck up jumpers and never ever pass the ball or get to the FT line? What about Hayward? Mo? Millsap? Foye? Marvin?

In just the last 2 years I can think of 6 players who couldn't be doing what the Jazz were asking them to do yet they weren't ever held accountable.

If Burks isn't doing his job or isn't coachable, then I'm down with looking to shop him.

But this needs to be applied consistently.

We can't just bury someone like Burks and let someone like Jefferson do whatever the hell he wants, hurt our team much MUCH more, and never ever be held accountable. We can't criticize a 2nd year 2 guard for his decision making while ignoring Mo Williams's decisions.

Hold EVERYONE accountable.

You're right. Let's be rational. The Jazz simply aren't playing Burks out of spite and know that he's the only real superstar on our team but prefer veterans so they have to hide his talent by not giving him a chance.

That's Ty's coaching philosophy to a T.

Foye continues to get minutes even when producing suck fests like tonight. Burks has one night like Foye's night tonight and gets numerous DNP-CDs in a row.

Anyone who doesn't think Burks has talent doesn't know much about basketball. And I don't think the Jazz people who are making the decisions, whoever that might be do -- look who they signed (Marvin and Foye). I don't know how they can play Foye over Burks. I don't know how they keep giving Foye so many minutes. Look at the other players they have let go -- don't me started. They dump Burks and I'm dumping the Jazz. I've had enough of their stupidity and I can't follow a team that can barely beat the league's worst team that's playing us without their two best players. An era has ended in Utah. It started when Jerry left and they traded DWill. But I think it actually started before then, when Larry passed away. The only way they can reclaim their respect is to get someone like Horny or Stockton to be the head coach. I guess Ty earned the job, but damn, Horny was so much smarter a player. Maybe Horny doesn't want to be a head coach. Anyway, after watching tonight's game, I'm ready to bolt anyway. They need to dismantle it, keep Hayward, Kanter, and Favors -- and Burks, but apparently they are going to dump him. I've always sensed we knew more than they did and this move is the proof.

disappointing if true. (stevenson, snyder, almond, miles, pavlovic, burks... we just needed one of those guys to pan out.)

i'm hoping there's not much to the rumour. it's still early in the season and he's really only one injury away from seeing 20mins a night.
no doubt he'd be frustrated not to be seeing the floor after the signs he showed in pre-season.
if he has the maturity to deal with it and is doing all the right things at practice i don't see why we'd be looking to ship him, or if why he would want to leave.

Speaking of not showing us very much how about Foye, Williams, and Tinsley. If we are being honest here they haven't deserved the mins they've recieved. They aren't horrible or anything, but they've been very inconsistent overall.

Watch the Lakers game again and see how Burks plays. He gets right up on Kobe, and tries to play within the offense. This doesn't look like a player
who isn't worth a shot.

David Locke has mentioned regularly that he questions his work ethic. But I don't care if he's only giving 80% during training. I would be pissed too, if I was being ignored like him.

CJ was aloud to suck for several years and now Burks comes in, plays better and more consistent than CJ, and gets benched or even traded in his second year? This franchise is going downhill fast if they don't get rid of Corbin.

Burks' shot is as flat as it was when he was drafted. His ball handling is the same inconsistent entity. This is the stuff you work on in practice, you don't need actual game time for that. After 1 full year and 1 full training camp all improvement in his game is he is more often under control and that's it.

Speaking of not showing us very much how about Foye, Williams, and Tinsley. If we are being honest here they haven't deserved the mins they've recieved. They aren't horrible or anything, but they've been very inconsistent overall.

Foye shot 9-32 on the road trip and got scorched on defense in every game - that's horrible.

His saving grace is he took over The Laker game for about 5 minutes - probably the one game most of the people on this board watched. Otherwise his game has ranged from average to horrible 8 out of the 11 games this season.

Tinsley has to play because he's the only other PG on the team - I never bought into Burks playing the point any way.

I gave my extended thoughts on Williams in another thread - the guy's all talent and zero intensity

The bottom line is this: if a franchise gives up on a first round lottery pick 77 games into his NBA career - it is the management's fault - plain and simple

And to think that we're now looking at a potential scenario where Burks is traded while Raja Bell is still a member of The Utah Jazz. That's worse than failure on management's part - that's a ****ing meltdown

Last edited:
Burks is better than Foye for sure.
From what I saw, Foye must be a 10-12 min guy at best, while Burks is resting.
You know, guys like Burks can win you something in that ball game.