What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

Ingles hasn't signed yet. He should still be considered a 4m(iirc) cap hold.

Because you are a cap expert? Ingles has signed, but his contract isn't valid between him and the jazz until July 6th. That does not mean his cap hold remains the same. If that were the case, teams could just keep using cap space over and over again for 5 days. I doubt there's that loophole with the league. I tend to trust a site that has been doing this for years, HoopsHype used to be a reliable source, but their quality and timeliness has really dropped. Case in point was listing Diaw as a player, but not including his salary in their total.

I am getting it from the link I put on there. I think sportrac is more accurate but I they could be wrong. That hoopshype link is missing at least Inlges and maybe more.
They only list current salaries. They've apparently gotten out of the business of showing cap holds, etc. I stopped using them a couple of years ago because incomplete info is basically worthless info.

Nah, they were waiving him no matter what.
Did he have a guarantee coming? It is a little nerve-wracking, though. By waiving Zeller, Boston now has pretty much the exact max amount to offer Gordon. And on the day of his meeting with the team.

Ok, just checked...$8M would become guaranteed on 7/2.

No need to call 911, folks...my blood pressure just returned to normal and I am out of danger.

They only list current salaries. They've apparently gotten out of the business of showing cap holds, etc. I stopped using them a couple of years ago because incomplete info is basically worthless info.

Who do you use? Sportstrac seems to show all of the cap holds for the Jazz right now except for Hayward for some reason.

Lowry back to the Raptors:
-one less spot for Hill (just as a matter of note, I guess)
-they are above the tax without signing Patterson. Could he really be a MLE contract?

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0673270439677531682-4
A strong emphasis in Utah's meeting with Gordon Hayward will be plans to continue to adjust the offense to feature him as his game continues to evolve, according to a source familiar with the Jazz's thinking. Hayward has blossomed into an All-Star under the tutelage under head coach Quin Snyder and assistant coach Johnnie Bryant – averaging 21.9 points per game last season, a jump of 5.7 points from the season before Snyder's arrival in the summer of 2014, while dramatically improving his efficiency – and Jazz staff will map out specific areas of growth potential. The Jazz will stress the opportunity for Hayward to be the No. 1 option on a playoff team with a co-star who complements and enhances his skills in center Rudy Gobert, a dominant defender who is also one of the NBA's best screeners.
-Tim MacMahon, ESPN Staff Writer

Did he have a guarantee coming? It is a little nerve-wracking, though. By waiving Zeller, Boston now has pretty much the exact max amount to offer Gordon. And on the day of his meeting with the team.

Ok, just checked...$8M would become guaranteed on 7/2.

No need to call 911, folks...my blood pressure just returned to normal and I am out of danger.

Yeah dropping Zeller isn't a sign of anything. Boston still sits at 94 million worth of active contracts and cap holds.

Who do you use? Sportstrac seems to show all of the cap holds for the Jazz right now except for Hayward for some reason.
Yes, that's who I use. I was referring to HoopsHype which alt13 seemed to be swearing by. I've tried to find any CBA/cap hold rules explaining players who decline options. Haven't been able to; that's the only reason I can explain for leaving Hayward off. In any case, it's not important now. Really have to hope Hayward signs and rednecks' deal sends Anthony to Cleveland, Love to Utah and Favors and other assets to New York. Would they be intrigued by Exum or Hood to put beside Ntilinka?

Tyler Zeller just hit waivers. BOS is preparing for something.

I thought Hayward and the two Zellers (Cody and Tyler) were friends. If we're going to toss around unfounded speculation let's say the celtics were keeping Zeller to entice Hayward, and when it became clear Hayward wasn't coming they waived Zeller.

I thought Hayward and the two Zellers (Cody and Tyler) were friends. If we're going to toss around unfounded speculation let's say the celtics were keeping Zeller to entice Hayward, and when it became clear Hayward wasn't coming they waived Zeller.
I like this version

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

Lowry back to the Raptors:
-one less spot for Hill (just as a matter of note, I guess)
-they are above the tax without signing Patterson. Could he really be a MLE contract?

Actually now that I think about, Lowry going to Toronto probably guarantees Joseph gets traded to Indy, so that could take a spot.

Denver was thought to be a spot for Lowry though and that would have taken a spot from Hill. Even if Toronto lost Lowry, I dont think they had enough space to sign Hill.

Meh. I think it's the $8M that became guaranteed on 7/2. But #TakeNote, Gordon. Boston is cutting players, not building.

Believe Rudy: Boston is poop. Except for your old coach. He may not be Quin, but he's a nice guy.

If Hayward doesn't resign, do we keep George and feature him more at SG?

No. Two words. Donovan Mitchell. Two more. Bad ***. I'd like Hill, but if Hayward leaves I want the Jazz to feature Exum, Hood and Mitchell. They are the hope for the future. If one can blow up. . . we're in business.