What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

Will be fun to see who can produce the best of those three.
I figure hood will get the most opportunity, followed by X so Burks is really gonna have to be at his best in practice and in the small amount of game time he sees to have a chance in hell I guess.

yeah i reckon you're right .. Alec's gonna have to do some awesome **** in training camp

btw, forgot to get back to you re Shades of Blue. .. detective series with JLo & Ray Liotta She's still in her "i'm mid 40's but still sexy as hell and happy to strip down whenever to prove it" phase .. worth a watch for sure

Wolves get Jimmy Butler (and Teague and Gibson)

Thunder get Paul George

Nuggets get Millsap

Northwest division on a mission

Did anyone mention Taj Gibson to Minnesota? It is for 2-years $28M.

Thibs is getting the band back together for a reunion tour. Think Boozer will call him?
Seriously, they didn't pay Gibson that money to be a backup, so now they have an interesting starting 5.

I saw/read two lines of thinking about Minny.

1-They will have spacing problems and won't be able to compete in the new analytics league.

2-no one can out warriors the warriors, so the Minny Wuffs are building the antithesis of the warriors. Attack the rim, win inside.

Not sure I agree with either sentiment completely. I think they will be better than before, but KAT, Butler, and wiggins all work better off the dribble than they do as spot up shooters, and there is only one ball. Let's see how all the new personalities respond. It could get rocky.

Millsap 3yr/90mil Nuggets

Wow. That seems like a lot of money to pay a guy on the wrong side of 30. He does provide more spacing over Faried, but I'm not sure he's the right kind of improvement that they needed. Seems strange to pair one old star with a bunch of young guys. West is going to be a bloodbath this year.

Denver is out of the George Hill race now.

Seems like it's down to Indiana and New York as far as places who can pay him more than 15 million and need a starting PG.

Magic could probably clear enough money too.

Kings are at 39,000,000 in salary. Wouldn't be surprised to see them give him 1 year 20 million or something like that.

Spurs can still give him around 12,000,000

Best thing about teams being conservative with spending so far is that it's going to leave a lot of teams left in the East with a lot of cap-space for salary dumps. Find a place for Burks shouldn't be too difficult since he is one of the softer contracts that needs to get dumped.

Team option in the 3rd year of Millsap's contract.

So, it's a 2 year deal. Still ridiculous money. Jazz need to get Hayward locked up and then start playing moneyball. Get the best deals on whoever misses out on the free agency train. I don't even care at which positions. Just get the best two and fit them wherever you can on the bench. It's going to flip to a buyer's market here really, really soon.

Wolves get Jimmy Butler (and Teague and Gibson)

Thunder get Paul George
G
Nuggets get Millsap

Northwest division on a mission

The NW could field a team that might beat an all stars of the league team.

Gobert, KAT, Millsap, George, Hayward, Butler, Lillard

Hayward
Gobert
Lillard
McCollum
Westbrook
George
Wiggins
Butler
Jokic
Millsap

Yes, it's the most stacked division. Luckily this isn't the NFL.