What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

Teodosic supposedly will sign a 4/48 deal with Chicago on July 5th.

I think this is going to be a case of Utah dodging a bullet.

Tonight = Monday
Nervous. Hoping the quick decision means all it took was for Utah to show him they'd keep the PG position strong and re-sign his best friend. Either that, or Stevens blew him away with the Celtic Pride presentation.

As early as tonight?!?! He hasn't even met with the Jazz yet, has he?!?! Why the decision tonight????

Tonight = Monday :)

After he meets with Utah. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing that this was announced before even meeting with the Jazz though. Might not even be true...

As early as tonight?!?! He hasn't even met with the Jazz yet, has he?!?! Why the decision tonight????

The article was written today, July the third hence the possible decision by tonight (after the meeting with Jazz).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight = Monday :)

After he meets with Utah. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing that this was announced before even meeting with the Jazz though. Might not even be true...

The article was written today, July the third hence the possible decision by tonight (after the meeting with Jazz).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok, thanks guys.. haha... still a quick decision though right?!? I personally would have taken an extra day to make such an important decision.

Oh ok, thanks guys.. haha... still a quick decision though right?!? I personally would have taken an extra day to make such an important decision.
An extra day? It's not like he hasn't been thinking about this for the past year. Despite his denials on the last day of the year, it would be humanly impossible not to be discussing this with your wife.

I imagine he was already leaning strongly one way or another. The presentations aren't going to really sway him. He's a smart guy; he knows what each team has/doesn't have. And it's a good bet he's already investigated real estate, schools, etc.

A quick decision just means the discussions and actions of whatever team was the favorite have confirmed the direction of wherever he and Robyn were already leaning. I don't think anything can be read into the fact he hasn't met with the Jazz. TBH, Utah really doesn't need to make a presentation. Hayward knows the team, knows he's the offensive leader, knows he has a legacy if he stays...certainly a jersey hanging in the rafters. Maybe he and Rudy get statues like Malone and Stockton. And I have to go back to what JJ said about the Jazz, that there were no knuckleheads on the team. The team is close. He gets more money to stay. He's worshiped in the community. That's a lot to give up. But if he does leave, it's likely he's wanting to get away from the fierce competition in the WC. Boston gives him the best chance of being a shoo-in for an all-star selection and probably a very clear path to the Finals once Lebron heads to LA.

[TWEET]881614017768247296[/TWEET]

https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/881614017768247296

Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune says Tuesday or Wednesday is likely. I would trust him over any "source" in the Boston media seeing as how the Boston media has been wrong and/or spreading consistent bs for weeks. But if he decides to stay with the Jazz sooner that would be great :)