What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

No, according to sportando, it's not a 2-way contract. 3 year contract with 1st year fully guaranteed. Does this mean they'll have to release someone ?

Yeah, guaranteed for the summer. Are you kidding me. All that I can see in the videos is that he can dunk. Well, so can everyone else in the NBA. I hate this dumb music. I know hip-hop; guess that's the culture but to me, in comparison to other music, it's equivalent in basketball is Kevin, the fart, Hart, or Milt Palousio. For those new fans of the Jazz, they were the scrubs who were briefly backup Jazz PGs in the days before DWill.

No, according to sportando, it's not a 2-way contract. 3 year contract with 1st year fully guaranteed. Does this mean they'll have to release someone ?

Yeah, I just saw that... this is very weird. I think Bolomboy is gone... We have 16 players under contract right now. Only Neto is non-guaranteed. I think it will be between Neto, O'Neale and Bolomboy for who gets waived after training camp.

Last edited:
I tweeted Tony Jones to see what he knows. There just seems no reason to give this guy a guaranteed contract. All his highlights showed was dunking and his workout showed that he has a decent but not great 3-point shot.

I tweeted Tony Jones to see what he knows. There just seems no reason to give this guy a guaranteed contract. All his highlights showed was dunking and his workout showed that he has a decent but not great 3-point shot.

He was shooting over 40% in Baylor, but hasn't shot well since. He seems to be a pretty good rebounder. He was at SL this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6muhIcidAE

He seems to have athleticism and shooting potential.

For what it's worth his Spanish league assist numbers are pretty good(above average for a wing). Same with his NCAA assist numbers. He turns it over a bit more than ideal, though.

His per/36 assist numbers are around 4 a game. For his position, and the Euro game, that's outstanding.

Decent shooter, good rebounder, long and is probably a good defender. I can see why they'd like him.

I like almost all the additions after Hayward departure, DL did a decent job!

I can't wait for the new season!

Last edited:
Probably has more to do with the fact that Withey isn't very good, and Udoh is much better than he is.

Got to give DL this. Jazz were deep last year and somehow the Jazz got even deeper. Could the Jazz be the deepest team in the league? How much will that offset the major star power of teams like the Cavs, Warriors and Rockets?

And I keep forgetting that Rubio is on the team lol. Gobert and Favors are going to love that.

Got to give DL this. Jazz were deep last year and somehow the Jazz got even deeper. Could the Jazz be the deepest team in the league? How much will that offset the major star power of teams like the Cavs, Warriors and Rockets?

And I keep forgetting that Rubio is on the team lol. Gobert and Favors are going to love that.
A deep team is great - for the grind of the regular season.

It does you no good in the playoffs though. The postseason is built for stars. Rotations shrink and an injury to a key player can tank your championship dreams.

Jazz have one star right now - Rudy Gobert. Derek Favors and Ricky Rubio have performed at a near All Star level in the past, and Hood, Exum and Mitchell will all be given opportunities to show that they can be Stars as well. The key thing this year will be turning themselves into the best defense in the league and somebody (anybody) stepping up to fill the star void alongside Gobert. Jazz do that and they'll be in a great spot.

A deep team is great - for the grind of the regular season.

It does you no good in the playoffs though. The postseason is built for stars. Rotations shrink and an injury to a key player can tank your championship dreams.

Jazz have one star right now - Rudy Gobert. Derek Favors and Ricky Rubio have performed at a near All Star level in the past, and Hood, Exum and Mitchell will all be given opportunities to show that they can be Stars as well. The key thing this year will be turning themselves into the best defense in the league and somebody (anybody) stepping up to fill the star void alongside Gobert. Jazz do that and they'll be in a great spot.

Personally I hope that the Jazz see any combo of Exum, Hood and Mitchell step up. I agree on the regular season v playoffs which is why I question how much it'll offset star power.

Having a killer D will be a massive plus.

I am also highly interested in how the rest of the starters do with a pass first PG like Rubio.