What's new

NBA play in tournament thread

Part of me wants to face the Lakers first because of the psychological boost the Jazz will get going into the 2nd round knowing that they knocked off the defending champions.
I'm OK with giving Phoenix the honor, but that's just me. . .
You are both right. There are no wrong answers to the Lakers first round matchup conundrum

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Today I had the thought that the Lakers could rest Davis and Lebron vs GSW and just go for the 8th seed. If they do that I hope it bites them im in the *** and lose to the Grizz.

In the three games that the Lakers played the Warriors this year they had 20 point leads in all of them and 30 point leads in 2 of them. If the Lakers cannot beat the Warriors, it would probably be a good time to jump on them in the playoffs, because they definitely aren't right.
I like the optimism but think we need to give Kerr and the Warriors more credit for the improvement they've shown since early in the year. They really play defense, and when you combine that with the hottest player on the planet, you're going to have a chance.

Today I had the thought that the Lakers could rest Davis and Lebron vs GSW and just go for the 8th seed. If they do that I hope it bites them im in the *** and lose to the Grizz.
That would be incredibly foolish. I think the Lakers would actually want to play the Suns if possible.

So the probabilities should look something like this:

Golden State as the 8th seed - 50%
Lakers as the 8th seed - 30%
Memphis as the 8th seed - 15%
San Antonio as the 8th seed - 5%

They won’t do this it’s just too risky on their part and they want to prove to the world they still got it.

I'd rather play the Warriors. We would've beaten them without Mike and Donovan if the refs had made the proper calls. Steph is good but he can't control a game like LeBron.
I feel like we have the Steph kryptonite in O'Neale. And aside from Curry, we have more better 3 pt shooters than they do. They are not deep, they are not fully healthy without Thompson and they shouldn't pose a threat to a juggernaut like the Jazz. The Lakers however, have two players for which no known kryptonite exists and are deep as well.

They won't do that

Jazz are gonna have the hardest road to the finals a #1 seed has ever seen...that really sucks
We don't know that. The jazz could get the grizzlies, then the Mavs, then the blazers, then the bucks or something.
No one knows at this point

Can someone who isn’t in the deepest recesses of my ignore list please start this same thread? Tia.
Well if it helps, I started a thread titled Playoff Scenarios on Saturday that served as a reference for many (delusions) but nobody bothered to respond to. But quite understandable as Yamers is much fitter, more attractive and charismatic than I could ever dream of being - I mean he's an adorable duck for God's sake and I'm some kind of a hideous Monster.:eek:

But on the other side of the coin, I could very easily be on your ignore list as well. One of the gifts of aging is you can't remember who you pissed off and when.....I mean besides getting to enjoy the same movie countless times because you can't remember the damn ending.o_O

HOLY SCHNIKES I MUST'VE PISSED EVERYBODY OFF!!!

Okay so I'm just putting this out there - I mean it's at least as valid as what passes for NBA wisdom from the mouths of Shaq and Barkley. I think the Spurs could upset the Grizzlies. This is based on their performance Sunday against the Suns but also based on the Grizzlies total lack of cohesion or ability to stick a three against the Warriors on Sunday. Memphis looked totally discombobulated and totally defeated long before it was over. Pretty sure that Pop would make the Warriors or possibly the Lakers fight for it at least and maybe leave a little blood on the court in the process.

Okay so I'm just putting this out there - I mean it's at least as valid as what passes for NBA wisdom from the mouths of Shaq and Barkley. I think the Spurs could upset the Grizzlies. This is based on their performance Sunday against the Suns but also based on the Grizzlies total lack of cohesion or ability to stick a three against the Warriors on Sunday. Memphis looked totally discombobulated and totally defeated long before it was over. Pretty sure that Pop would make the Warriors or possibly the Lakers fight for it at least and maybe leave a little blood on the court in the process.
Bro the Spurs starters lost to the Suns reserves.

Bro the Spurs starters lost to the Suns reserves.
And Memphis has a lot of talent in their roster. Though admittedly they have a hard time putting it all together on court.
Talent usually wins out though.