What's new

NBA Playoffs

Agreed. Where do you think he will end up all time? Gotta be top 5 at least imo.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
That’s a tough one. I think I’d take him over Nash tbh due to his ability to play defense. Nash was Spida like defensively. It’s ironic that we’ve tried to emulate the Deantoni teams. Their lack of defense is what held them back… which is exactly what’s killing us now.

Kidd was fantastic but wasn’t ever the clutch scorer that CP3 is. I know a lot of people compare cp3 to Thomas. I was a bit too young and never watched Detroit games to appreciate Thomas so I don’t know.

But just in my lifetime? I’d say Magic, Stockton, cp3, Nash, and kidd (in no particular order)

Last edited:
CP3 and Stockton played more with intelligence and tenacity. They never let size be a factor. Magic was gifted for his size, just so fluid. All of them would compete to the bitter end no matter the circumstances. That is what makes them all time greats. It's also what this jazz team utterly lacks. They just roll over when the going gets tough.

CP3 and Stockton played more with intelligence and tenacity. They never let size be a factor. Magic was gifted for his size, just so fluid. All of them would compete to the bitter end no matter the circumstances. That is what makes them all time greats. It's also what this jazz team utterly lacks. They just roll over when the going gets tough.
It’s also hard to compare cp3 and stockton as Stockton deferred so much (probably too much) to his teammates. CP3 routinely takes over scoring in ways that I remember Stockton rarely did. I’m not saying that CP3 is better than Stockton. But what I am saying is their style in many ways are so different that it’s hard to compare.

Lmao this aged well
Actually, it did. The twolves are tough. They play stupid and undisciplined, much like Beverley. But they do play hard and tough. Quite the turnaround from the talented and soft team they’ve had before. They might still go down to the Grizz (as they probably should). But they’ve surpassed us and if they learn from mistakes, will Have a bright future ahead.

They’d kick our asses right now tbh. We can’t stay in front of Brunson and dim dumby. Imagine what Russell, Beverley, and Edwards would do?

I don’t think Dwill was ever miles ahead of him. It was always close. But Paul’s longevity puts him miles ahead of Dwill.
The reason Williams was widely considered better was due to Paul's knee issues at the beginning of his career.

People forget before Paul's knee injuries, he was super explosive and dynamic in the open court - not quite prime Derrick Rose or Russ Westbrook explosive, but pretty damn close.

And Paul has always been one of hte most clutch players in the NBA - people just tend to remember the 2014 and 2015 playoffs and his injury issues from 2016-2019, and say hes not clutch.

What CP3 shows is that a couple years can really define a legacy. If he didn’t get traded to OKC and drag them to the playoffs, then turning around Phoenix, people would have still talked about playoff failures. It just goes to show that narratives change and you can’t lock in too hard on what you think you know.

This is one reason I think we need to get a new coach and make some moves around the edges with our current roster, unless we can get any kind of somewhat equivalent return for Donovan.
well we all know CP3 is a far superior PG than Conley like it's hardly a secret. i'm sure everyone can lock in hard on that. If it was Conley going to OKC, do you think he was gonna drag them to the playoffs? Don't try to lecture about coaching cuz we saw how Billy Donovan got outcoached by Quin before. A new coach won't make Conley play like CP3. There's just zero comparison between the level of talent we have vs Phoenix, ZERO

well we all know CP3 is a far superior PG than Conley like it's hardly a secret. i'm sure everyone can lock in hard on that. If it was Conley going to OKC, do you think he was gonna drag them to the playoffs? Don't try to lecture about coaching cuz we saw how Billy Donovan got outcoached by Quin before. A new coach won't make Conley play like CP3. There's just zero comparison between the level of talent we have vs Phoenix, ZERO
I’m not certain who or what you’re responding to.

Crazy that at one point DWill was miles ahead of him imo. DWill has been an afterthought for years while CP3 is in his prime.
D will was never miles ahead of him. For one thing CP3 won rookie of the year. Yes D will beat him head to head a bunch early on but they were basically the same good when in their prime. CP3 was an all star in his 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th seasons. Deron williams was an all star in his 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th years.
D will was a slightly better scorer. Paul was a better passer and defender.
And thats only comparing them pre d will going to ****

I think so. There have been a lot of greats at PG (Magic, Stockton, Nash, and Kidd off the top of my head), though.
I probably go Magic or stockton and then isiah thomas and then CP3.

Jazz win, Brooklyn loses. If my wife wants a little romance later tonight this may end up being the best day ever!