What's new

Neto for Point Guard!

Do you want neto on the jazz next season?

• Yes

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Doublea

https://www.fiba.com/news/raulzinho-grows-in-stature-ahead-of-fiba-americas-championship

A good little read on Neto. I'd like to see him in a jazz Jersey. We need improved point guard play. The only problem is that he and Exum aren't the best scoring options right now. I believe when we drafted him he said he didn't want to be a third string guy, that he wanted to play.

What do you guys think? Would you want him to come over next season? I would think this means we have traded Burke or are having him fight with neto.

Won't happen. Burke and Neto will never be on the Jazz at the same time I feel... Neto has a long term contract and the Jazz probably have no incentive to buy him out while we have Exum and Burke on the roster. I think we are keeping Neto for the moment when Burke's contract is over and he either wants to leave or we don't want to pay him as much as he wants to be paid.

Depends what they do with Burke. If they trade Burke, move Exum to the bench, and use a good chunk of their cap space to bring in a legit starting PG (like I hope), then sure I wouldn't mind Neto as the #3 PG. He could even battle Cotton for the spot in training camp.

Depends what they do with Burke. If they trade Burke, move Exum to the bench, and use a good chunk of their cap space to bring in a legit starting PG (like I hope), then sure I wouldn't mind Neto as the #3 PG. He could even battle Cotton for the spot in training camp.

Why make a move that moves Exum to the bench?

Why would Neto come to be the 3d PG? This makes no sense for him... he's starting games and playing serious minutes and developing his craft in Spain. Why would he decide to come over and sit on the bench? The only way I see him coming over is if he's going to be at least our second PG.

I am all for trading Trey and bringing Neto over. I am a Michigan fan and Trey has been horrible. I thought he would be a better playmaker then this and a better shooter and a better decision maker. He has not improved at all in his 2 years. Very bad sign.

Time to trade him as a salary dump. I think Try hurts the development and the chemistry of the rest of the team.

Even if we can't get neto I would rather get a Euro Veteran PG to back up Exum.

Off side note.

While watching Atlanta it makes me sad that we had Carroll and he's become everything we've wanted as a wing 3 and D player.

Do u want the jazz to get to the point they are contending every year? Then stop ur crying. Neto isn't apg on a championship level team. If the jazz are fine being mediocre then by all means bring in that scrub.

Careful not to drop kick the behive, son.

Unless we are completely giving up and trading Trey Burke, we don't have enough minutes to develop 3 young PG's.

A few days before free agency, the Utah Jazz continue to look for ways to improve their team.

Raul Neto could factor into this.

The Jazz will have a conversation with Neto, the Brazilian point guard they drafted two years, to gauge his interest in playing in the NBA next season, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

Neto has been playing in Brazil since the Jazz drafted him in the second round in 2013. There is no guarantee that the two sides will come to an agreement, but the sense is Utah would like to have him in the NBA sooner, rather than later.

The question is why? Currently, Utah's point guard spot is crowded. Dante Exum is the starter, Trey Burke could still yet be starter quality, and Bryce Cotton played well in the second half of the season on a non-guaranteed contract.

Plus, Utah drafted Olivier Hanlan with its 2015 second round pick, and the front office likes him alot. But the Jazz feel like Hanlan is enough of a combination guard that he can play both guard spots. So even if there were three pg's on the roster other than Hanlan, the former Boston College star still has a chance to stick on the roster.

The Jazz like Neto. They like his speed, they love his ability to play pick and roll and they like his passing. Neto spent two weeks with Utah last summer and he impressed the coaching staff with his willingness to learn.

Should Neto decide he wants to play for the Jazz, he would have to compete for playing time. But he's already 23 years old, and his rookie deal would be staggered next to Burke's and Exum's. It makes sense to start his NBA clock soon, otherwise the Jazz may be facing their point guard version of Ante Tomic, the center who was drafted in 2008, and now looks like he may never matriculate to the NBA.

Tony Jones

Sltrib

This might signify they have some under the table trades ready for Burke on July 1st. The Jazz do not need another PG

This might signify they have some under the table trades ready for Burke on July 1st. The Jazz do not need another PG

Ya, that's what it sounds like. Burke for sure. Maybe even Exum. Im not as married to Exum as others are. If we could package him up to get a star I'd be down.