What's new

* NEW * 2019 Annual JazzFanz All-Time NBA Draft

Hakeem should have great shooters all around him. Instead he has a bunch of ball dominant guys in Giannis, Pistol, Vince and to a lesser extent Lillard. Don’t love it. Great teams have guys who fit roles perfectly. I don’t see that here at all.

Hakeem should have great shooters all around him. Instead he has a bunch of ball dominant guys in Giannis, Pistol, Vince and to a lesser extent Lillard. Don’t love it. Great teams have guys who fit roles perfectly. I don’t see that here at all.
That's a fair point. He lacks shooters so much that it's too vivid to pass. 2 spot feels a little bit awkward in this roster. If I were him, I'd definitely deal Artest, Pistol or Marion to some shooting talent.

That's a fair point. He lacks shooters so much that it's too vivid to pass. 2 spot feels a little bit awkward in this roster. If I were him, I'd definitely deal Artest, Pistol or Marion to some shooting talent.

The whole lineup just feels sort of awkward together. Pistol and Giannis are both so unique (unorthodox?) and honestly, who’s deferring for team ball here? Pistol? Lol. Hakeem? Shouldn’t have to. Giannis? No freakin way. Lillard? I can’t see it. Vince? Ditto. I don’t see anyone who’s great without the ball in their hands really and would be selfless for the betterment of the team.

Hmmmm no shooting. Interesting take.

Pistol, Lillard, and Petrovic are some of the best shooters to play the game. Carter had a few really good shooting years as well. Everything else are valid points though.

Magic-Kyrie
Dumars
Iggy
Bird
Zo

Very solid. Not sure how solid really though.
Irving is very talented with the ball in his hands. But he is not the type of player to fill in for Magic. But other than Legend, no other player is known for usage rates, so it might work somehow.

Pistol, Lillard, and Petrovic are some of the best shooters to play the game. Carter had a few really good shooting years as well. Everything else are valid points though.
Drazen Okay but doesn’t blend well with the rest of the roster’s player type. Lillard has Curry-like highlights but is inconsistent. Carter is of course a good shooter but not the type that would fill your shooting needs in an all time draft. Pistol is extremely talented, but again, he will not give you the spacing you need. He will not be able to run with your squad. He will dish amazing passes though.

My guys are just going to take turns dominating one on one. No one is stopping the dream’s ability to travel in the post and not get called for it along with the elite footwork, Giannis Antetokounmpo is a freak of nature. Not even Gobert could stop him even sagging into the paint. Don’t get me started on the Pistol. He’s every thing the Jimmer wishes he was. He’s such a good shooter you have to play him tight. The problem with that is he’s so elite with the ball, they say the ball is just an extension of his hands and feet, no one, not even kawhi Leonard is staying in front of him, and Lillard will just drop 35 ft step back threes, just ask Paul George.

But those are volume heavy shooters. Peter to a lesser degree but I’d want a guy who is a killer spot up guy. Almost every stud team has one. Klay, Allen, Kerr. It’s a role when the guy down low draws the double team, or someone slashed and draws a double team, the ball can be kicked out to a wide open guy at the line.

It’s a position for which I trust Ingles to hit the shot waaaaaaay more than I do Don, even if he did hit 43% from January on.

They are valid points but at the same time having the most talent will often beat "fit".
Your team is hella talented.
And despite the fact that most of your players need the ball, I don't see any selfish dicks on your team with bad attitudes. So there is hope that a guy like Lillard might say "damn, I got all these badasses on my team, I'm gonna be a facilitator and pick my spots to score since I don't have to be the scorer like I do on the blazers". Same goes for Giannis. He night realize that he can best serve the team as a lockdown defender on basically every position and a board crasher and get his points simply in transition and put backs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

But those are volume heavy shooters. Peter to a lesser degree but I’d want a guy who is a killer spot up guy. Almost every stud team has one. Klay, Allen, Kerr. It’s a role when the guy down low draws the double team, or someone slashed and draws a double team, the ball can be kicked out to a wide open guy at the line.

It’s a position for which I trust Ingles to hit the shot waaaaaaay more than I do Don, even if he did hit 43% from January on.
Don't mention players that haven't been picked yet please
I was the pot calling the kettle black there

They are valid points but at the same time having the most talent will often beat "fit".
And despite the fact that most of your players need the ball, I don't see any selfish dicks on your team with bad attitudes. So there is hope that a guy like Lillard might say "damn, I got all these badasses on my team, I'm gonna be a facilitator and pick my spots to score since I don't have to be the scorer like I do on the blazers". Same goes for Giannis. He night realize that he can best serve the team as a lockdown defender on basically every position and a board crasher and get his points simply in transition and put backs.

Valid my man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one of his starters has rings...and that was when MJ retired.