What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

If Butler re-signs with Philly, KD and Kyrie go to the Nets, and Indiana has no cap space, what if Harris is adamant about Utah? Can we dump Exum? Can we unload Tomic and Exum on Philly in a sign-and-trade? Can we land Jazz and utahjazzz permanently on the Sixers forums, where they belong?

Indiana still has space actually... would need to release capholds for Young and Bojan… might be able to figure it out without releasing Bojan's cap hold.

Sacramento leverages still out there... we can't get enough space to have it make sense.

Well if we dump Exum and waive Favors, we have $27 million. We are damn close to max.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
As much as I want Dante and favs on a new team. It's obvious it's not going to happen unfortunately for them. I think they can flourish on another team. As long as Dante stays healthy that is. I think Utah still want Dante to start at the pg spot eventually after Conley leaves. That's the plan. But damn I would like to see Dante and favs on a new team and be successful together. They have a great combination together. And to get away from all U disrespectful fans

The guy Phoenix wanted at 6 will probably be there at 11. So fluid

Nah they were looking at White or Garland per rumors... big difference between who is there at 6 and 11... plus they aren't that good at projecting what can happen in between that many picks.

I think Phoenix is dumb AF but let's see where this ends up.

He would have been good here, but I feel Conley is more valuable to us with the experience and leadership he brings to a relatively inexperienced team. We’re going all in for the next year or two and I think Conley is the better option for that.
Yeah but he’s on a timer, either as someone leaving to another team or his play falling off a cliff. Harris would solidify the Jazz’s core for years by providing scoring, spacing, and playmaking out of a critical spot, especially next to Gobert. The Jazz also keep their depth and their picks. The Jazz could also still have conceivably traded mid-season for Conley.

This turn of events is FOMO as a MOFO.

Nah they were looking at White or Garland per rumors... big difference between who is there at 6 and 11... plus they aren't that good at projecting what can happen in between that many picks.

I think Phoenix is dumb AF but let's see where this ends up.
If they have the inside track on Russell, then this trade makes sense. They actually get two players here (Saric and #11)

Well if we dump Exum and waive Favors, we have $27 million. We are damn close to max.

That’s not the max though. It’s not that close when you think of the actual money (Harris would be at a shortfall of a minimum of $20 million over the duration of the deal).

I am irked. Especially since your fantasy scenario relies on someone wanting to take Exum in which I don’t see happening now.

If they have the inside track on Russell, then this trade makes sense. They actually get two players here (Saric and #11)

When there is uncertainty with the Suns you just err on the side of stupidity. They still would need to waive Oubre's caphold to get enough space for Russell.

Sooooo complete sidetrack here... If Indiana wants Ricky like they claim and are cool with offering him something around 13M we could work all that into a sign and trade... send a second round pick for their trouble and then retain Favs, Neto, and keep both MLE and BAE... I think it has to be at least a 3 year deal in sign and trade and that likely is a problem... we could send cash considerations too if that helps.

Reactions: SCS
Sooooo complete sidetrack here... If Indiana wants Ricky like they claim and are cool with offering him something around 13M we could work all that into a sign and trade... send a second round pick for their trouble and then retain Favs, Neto, and keep both MLE and BAE... I think it has to be at least a 3 year deal in sign and trade and that likely is a problem... we could send cash considerations too if that helps.

May not have to go that high... S&T rules are a blind spot for me... I think it's in the realm of possibility at least.

NO has some cap space... NO needs a center... NO has all the draft picks...

Call NO about Favs and get something?

I’d give them Favors and Exum for it. Exum oozes potential and Favs has really good PER. We could help them clear Love’s salary. Seems like a good deal all around.

Interesting idea. What could stop this from happening? Seems potentially beneficial for all sides...