What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Tony feels like dancing because he wasn't a fan of Mirotic? Or just that he felt DFav was better than Mirotic, which I agree with.

Only to catch a worse one:

The Utah Jazz are expected to meet with Washington Wizards RFA Bobby Portis once free agency starts, League Sources tell The Athletic. The meeting, sources say, is expected to take place in Los Angeles. Portis also holds major interest from the New York Knicks, among others

Dodged a bullet

Portis shot 40% from 3 last year and can play some center. He should also cost less than $17.7 which means we can add more depth to the roster.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Also. . .

Favors >>> Mirotic

He would’ve been a great stretch 4 behind Favors, but I’m glad he’s not replacing him in the starting lineup.
I feel kinda dirty... It was just yesterday that I got on board with the whole lets lose Favors for Mirotic thing... and now I feel kinda empty inside... not because Mirotic is gone but because I gave up on Favors for a scrub that prefers to play in the JV leagues instead of get PAID to compete for NBA championship.

Lol Tony Jones thinks that the Lakers won't be able to find any talent at all to play for the veteran minimum if they had LeBron/AD/Kawhi/Kuzma. His homer is showing.

I f****** hate the Lakers but I'm not delusional. No I don't think players will give up tens of millions to go there for dirt cheap. But they would find talent good enough to be rotation players for cheap. We've seen it with every "superteam"

I think they said they wanted to have them come in for a workout against each other and Niko said hey I think imma go to Spain instead... thanks anyway.

I guess I’m officially in on Portis now. Hopefully if it happens he D’s up but I think there’s reason to believe that will happen.

I was always worried about Mirotic’s personality and this confirms that.

Yeah Portis offensive wise will be a major upgrade over Crowder. But getting him means we'd lose Favors.