What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

If the Jazz drop Favors for Bojan Im going to throw up.

That dude is not that good. He is 30 years old. Its been well proven already. There is no mystery here.

That is super random that it was a reported 2-year 7m deal. This deal makes a lot more sense.

I'm still not even sure I believe this lol. Wasn't Shved the highest paid player in Euroleague? He was only making 4mil per year, then Mirotic just comes and triples that?

Am I high or can we do dual sign and trades for BB and Rubio AFTER we sign other FA’s since we can go over the cap to sign our own players?

Like, go out and get another dude in the $10m + range after waiving Favs, then we sign Ricky for like $14m and they sign Bogs for $18m and we trade them since we still have the space to take up the difference?

Plus the mini mid-level?

Did I just break the universe or am I up too late?

If we get Bojan, we need to get Joe another pick and roll partner. There won't be anyone as good as Favors for the room MLE, but I wonder who we could target. Ed Davis? Cheick Diallo for the min?

Am I high or can we do dual sign and trades for BB and Rubio AFTER we sign other FA’s since we can go over the cap to sign our own players?

Like, go out and get another dude in the $10m + range after waiving Favs, then we sign Ricky for like $14m and they sign Bogs for $18m and we trade them since we still have the space to take up the difference?

Plus the mini mid-level?

Did I just break the universe or am I up too late?

I don’t believe we own Rubio’s bird rights but I could be wrong. If we signed someone for 10m we’d only have 8m left after that. If we did have Rubio’s bird rights we could go over the cap to sign him and in theory trade him.

If we get Bojan, we need to get Joe another pick and roll partner. There won't be anyone as good as Favors for the room MLE, but I wonder who we could target. Ed Davis? Cheick Diallo for the min?
Or we adjust the offense and find other ways for Ingles to be affective

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don’t believe we own Rubio’s bird rights but I could be wrong. If we signed someone for 10m we’d only have 8m left after that. If we did have Rubio’s bird rights we could go over the cap to sign him and in theory trade him.

We have his bird rights but I don’t think it would work because of Conley I believe.

Honestly I think he could do a lot of the things that Harris does. He probably can't handle and create his own shot as well, but with Mitchell and Conley the fit might be even better. Maybe our best realistic pickup. We should be stoked if this happens!

Has anyone heard any news on Dedmon? Would be a fun MLE guy if the Jazz can't get Portis (assuming the Jazz would offer Portis the full MLE if they get Bojan).

Actually...........hmm.

I’m going to bed

With this scenario we’d get Bojan plus have the full MLE which is 9.258M unless it’s the tax payer MLE which is 5.178M. I’m not super well versed with the CBA but either way it would be sweet. I would love if we somehow had the full MLE of over 9M. Could get another solid piece with that for sure.

Has anyone heard any news on Dedmon? Would be a fun MLE guy if the Jazz can't get Portis (assuming the Jazz would offer Portis the full MLE if they get Bojan).

Wizards definitely match the MLE on Portis I would think. Would be amazing if we landed Bojan and Portis though.

With this scenario we’d get Bojan plus have the full MLE which is 9.258M unless it’s the tax payer MLE which is 5.178M. I’m not super well versed with the CBA but either way it would be sweet. I would love if we somehow had the full MLE of over 9M. Could get another solid piece with that for sure.

Sounds good to me. Deal. I sign off on behalf of all sides.

Wizards definitely match the MLE on Portis I would think. Would be amazing if we landed Bojan and Portis though.
See I would have thought that too but after the Wizards just helped out the Lakers and got some bench guys + cash for no real reason (unless you're super high on Mo Wagner for some reason) I'm starting to question how much they really want to compete this year vs saving cash and tanking. Really not sure what they're trying to do over in Washington but I think it's still worth a flyer as I think the Wizards management might be volatile enough to decline matching his sheet even if it's a decent value deal.