What's new

NFL Offseason

BTW, that Vikings Saints NFC Championship game was pretty out of control. I remember watching it and thinking that something wasn't right.

Ummmmm... Why shouldn't Payton be suspended? Are you a Saints fan by the way?

Payton should have known what was going on with his franchise and upheld league rules.... He did know what was going on with his franchise but didn't uphold league rules... He actively placed bets as well (The NFL found an email of Payton asking to be put down for, "5 thousand for Aaron Roger's head.").... Then, he lied to the League and tried to cover up the whole incident....

Payton got exactly what he deserved.

No, I'm a Colts fan. I'm fine with Williams getting suspended for life. I don't even care too much about Payton being made an example of, though I've seen worse in the NFL and suspensions being less. It's the draft picks that bothers me.

Huge difference between a player getting pissed and having "a moment" and coaches and players participating in bounties. A complex system with incentives dependent upon the severity of the injury. You failing to see the difference here is dishonest.

I don't see much of a difference in the end result. Plus not all "moments" are created equal. Haynsworth tried to end a man's career with his moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23l5oR9UO8k

Blind siding Kurt Warner when he has no chance to make a play? Come on folks, Warner couldn't tackle a chair. Yet, this guy (Warner had a bounty on him too. Wonder how much this guy was rewarded?) felt the need to blow him up after an interception.

Um yeah, pretty simple here, HOMER GLASSES.

This is a clean play. Warner was running towards the player with the ball. That makes him fair game. The Saints' player's head was in front of Warner's. If the QB is acting like he's going to try to make a play, he'd better have his head on a swivel. If he doesn't want to get hit, he needs to stay out of the play.

I'll give you the fact that the other two were dirty.

I'm shocked nobody commented on Demeco Ryans to the Eagles. That has got to be the coup of the off-season. I am not going to say the Eagles are going to do this or that because their division is tough and I'm not big on making predictions with them because hell, they've never really won anything and it's still the Pack's conference to lose imo even without going to Super Bowl last year. But the Eagles linebackers were their weak spot and they just went went from a D to an A- at MLB. And if we can have a good draft and get a really good upgrade at olb, our young safeties develop (they shouldn't regress) and we play with better chemistry, passion and hunger (I think we will), I like our chances to make some noise. This Saints situation obviously really helps them, and I think the Pack, as good as they are may be just as mediocre on defense this year but only time will tell.

Draft is a day and a half away.

BN's predictions:

Top 5: Luck, RG3, Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne.

round out the 10:

6 StL: Blackmon WR OKSt. The Rams will probably want to trade down or up but if they are stuck this is their guy.
7 Jax: Reiff LT Iowa These guys want to trade down bad. If no takers take the tackle.
8 Mia: Cox DT Miss St. Whoops bye Tanny. All hype no bite. He will slide at least to the 20s.
9 Car: Gilmore CB SC. Need. This pick could go a lot of ways. Ingram, Upshaw, Floyd or Brockers could look good for them.
10 Buf Kuechly LB BC. Total Buffalo pick. This guy screams awesome LB and will replace a very good one.

Draft is a day and a half away.

BN's predictions:

Top 5: Luck, RG3, Kalil, Richardson, Claiborne.

round out the 10:

6 StL: Blackmon WR OKSt. The Rams will probably want to trade down or up but if they are stuck this is their guy.
7 Jax: Reiff LT Iowa These guys want to trade down bad. If no takers take the tackle.
8 Mia: Cox DT Miss St. Whoops bye Tanny. All hype no bite. He will slide at least to the 20s.
9 Car: Gilmore CB SC. Need. This pick could go a lot of ways. Ingram, Upshaw, Floyd or Brockers could look good for them.
10 Buf Kuechly LB BC. Total Buffalo pick. This guy screams awesome LB and will replace a very good one.

There is no way Miami goes DT. They just locked up Solia and have a few other capable guys in the DT rotation. The only way they pass on Tannehill is for a pass rushing DE like Couples, or if Blackmon somehow slides to them.

Just my two cents. There has been some talk of the Vikings trading out of the 3rd pick to take a Corner possibly with Miami or Tampa Bay's picks. I'm of the position that the Vikes take Kalil at #3 and be happy the have a cornerstone O-lineman to help Adrian Peterson's recovery and Christian Ponder's development.

Maybe I got Miami wrong. I really doubt they take Tannehil here though. If the Fins don't take him it looks like a big time slide, back to where he was 2 months ago and where he belongs.

IMO they would rather trade down there, as would the Jags. Doubt anybody trades up for the guys in their spots though. Minny is not going to take peanuts for that pick and nobody will overpay for a RB or Kalil. Claiborne is a possibility for a trade there. Really the obvious move is to just take the franchise LT. Can't blame them for trying to drum up a huge payday though.

I doubt Cleveland cares what Minny does. They will have either Claiborne or Richardson available, or both, and both are superb prospects. I prefer Trent.

Crazy trades in round 1.

Very happy that in all the madness the Steelers got the #1 guard that slid to them.

I will admit that I wanted Hightower and it kills me to see him go to the Patsies but we need help on the offensive line.

Brown.......

Weeden twice this year may just be better than Colt twice last year.

Gave up Julio Jones last year (or someone else) and got Weeden for that pick. The guy is a 28 year old Rookie.... Ouch.

Also I don't understand why they traded up for Richardson... They would have had them if they stayed. Pretty much they gave away picks no?

Not hating but I'm sure it's frustrating as a Browns fan.

Brown.......

Weeden twice this year may just be better than Colt twice last year.

Gave up Julio Jones last year (or someone else) and got Weeden for that pick. The guy is a 28 year old Rookie.... Ouch.

Also I don't understand why they traded up for Richardson... They would have had them if they stayed. Pretty much they gave away picks no?

Not hating but I'm sure it's frustrating as a Browns fan.

Tampa would have traded up for Richardson. That dude is a rock solid stud. I have absolutely no problems there.

Weeden would not have been my pick but ONLY because of age. He's got the goods. If we get 6 really competitive years out of him that's just as many as Kosar and that guy's a legend. Really either the guy can play or he can't. Anyways there's a lot of draft left to go. As long as they come out with a starting RT I'm good. Plenty of talent available at #37.

For the record Cleveland received 5 picks for the Jones deal. Ends up being Weeden, Phil Taylor(starting DT), Owen Marecic (starting FB) Greg Little(starting WR) and still a 4th this year. I don't know if that 4th was the one used in the TR trade. Anyways Both Taylor and Little looked good last season. That was a fantastic trade I would take it again all day long.

DDC to Pitts is bad news for the rest of the AFCN. That guy is the real deal.

Tampa would have traded up for Richardson. That dude is a rock solid stud. I have absolutely no problems there.

Weeden would not have been my pick but ONLY because of age. He's got the goods. If we get 6 really competitive years out of him that's just as many as Kosar and that guy's a legend. Really either the guy can play or he can't. Anyways there's a lot of draft left to go. As long as they come out with a starting RT I'm good. Plenty of talent available at #37.

For the record Cleveland received 5 picks for the Jones deal. Ends up being Weeden, Phil Taylor(starting DT), Owen Marecic (starting FB) Greg Little(starting WR) and still a 4th this year. I don't know if that 4th was the one used in the TR trade. Anyways Both Taylor and Little looked good last season. That was a fantastic trade I would take it again all day long.

DDC to Pitts is bad news for the rest of the AFCN. That guy is the real deal.

The Browns could have been on their way to one of the best drafts in the history of the sport and screwed it up royally by drafting a guy who will be a 29 year old rookie. Knowing that qb's usually take a couple of years to develop and that these qb's out of the Big 12 consistently put up monstrous numbers year in and year out and rarely do anything in the pros, this pick makes no sense. You could have had Decastro (the highest rated OG since Hutchinson), put him next to Thomas, and really started to build something there with those two, Richardson, and Haden. Instead, you drafted a soon to be AARP member who still has God awful receivers around him and let your divisional foe Steelers grab the stud OG to now put alongside Pouncey. That pick by the Browns was nearly as dumb as Ponder last year by the Vikings. Absolutely mind-numbing.

@YB: I'd give the Rams an F so far. All the additonal picks are great but if they don't amount to ****, it means nothing. Ask the Pats. Other than the Hernandez-Gronkowski draft, all the extra picks they've acquired over the last six years or so have amounted to **** pretty much.

Well, with Richardson and Weeden Cleveland makes the safety want to box in and cheat out at the same time. Weeden is an elite thrower and has beaten every other good QB in this draft including the 3 guys drafted ahead of him. Brandon's older but being able to use the whole field rather than about 15 yards would make it worth it. I don't know if you saw the Sport Science bit where he was nailing clay pigeons, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fji2EeqkcZs

I don't know if he would have been there at 37 or not. In any case that isn't a big deal since either the guy is a hit or he isn't. A 22 year old player that can't play is just as much a failure, and a team that has started about 20 guys since 1999 isn't going to care about their pick having somewhat of a shorter shelf life. The leadership and maturity could be an advantage because the weight of all these years of desperation within the fanbase is a heavy burden.

The Browns weren't going to take a guard there. If you're saying this is a keystone pick for the current regime I agree. Weeden has to succeed or these guys will be gone. From the research I've done he is a decent bet to do so. Keep in mind the Browns practically fell over themselves running to the podium with those picks. These 2 guys were their picks all along.

I don't mind admitting I'm selling myself on him a little. I wanted Reiff when he fell. But as a prospect Weeden is miles above any QB we have drafted since Couch. I guarantee if this dude has a good year people will start bringing up Starbaugh and Warner.

My Broncos traded out of the first round...wonder what they do with this.