What's new

NFL Offseason

I just need to go on record as being firmly in the RG3 is going to be much better than Andrew Luck Camp. In fact, I'll take it one step further. Kellen-Undrafted-Moore will have a better NFL career than Andrew Luck.
Pshaw. Luck will be in the HOF when all is said and done. He has every physical tool and the brains to match, as well as not having the Ryan Leaf-esque knucklehead factor.

I doubt Luck will do nearly as good as Cam Newton.

The highest yards ever for a rookie quarterback breaking Peyton Manning's records.

The most rushing touchdowns for any quarterback ever (not just rookie).

Why he has a better team around him than cam did last season definitely wont run as far but he is way more accurate with the pass

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Why he has a better team around him than cam did last season definitely wont run as far but he is way more accurate with the pass

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
I'm a Phins fan but Colts have better weapons then the Panthers? IMO Steve Smith and the two RB's DeAngelo Williams & Johnathon Stewart are better than any offensive weapons Luck will have going into next year.

I doubt Luck will do nearly as good as Cam Newton.

The highest yards ever for a rookie quarterback breaking Peyton Manning's records.

The most rushing touchdowns for any quarterback ever (not just rookie).

You are setting yourself up for disappointment. That QB you just set up for the HOF has a season behind him which means every DC has a season of tape on him.

I guarantee Newton's production will decrease in his 2nd year.

Wow, what can I say about my Browns.

-We drafted a dude named Smelley. As it turns out, he's a pretty good H-back. Great hands. I don't know what we will do with him. He's not a lead blocker and he's not really a TE either. So, H-Back right?

-Signed two Vandals, one a year off reject LB JoJo Dickson, who has great measurables, and T Matt Cleveland. Dickson is very gifted athletically. Matt will sell a ton of jerseys if he makes the team for even a day.

-Weeden has a great ability to throw the rock. This dude has an arm/touch ratio that is better than 90% of the NFL. He could still fail for a great number of reasons but Weeds ability to throw the ball is really, really impressive. I was dismissive of this pick but then watched a bunch of youtube games.

-Richardson is so F'n good. This is a guy that is so easy to root for. Seriously, just google him and you will find something that makes you like him. On top of this the guy is really good at everything. He blocks and catches. This player will change the AFCN. He's that good.

-Schwartz at RT is a key draftee. Our guards were both basically rooks last year. One of them looked to be able to become a serious NFL player, that's Pinkston. The other, Lauvau, is nasty but has limitations. Cleveland drafted another late round G too. If our new RT is the real deal a whole lot will be unlocked. Last year Alex Smith had to play TE a lot to cover up the hole at RT. He's just not very good. The Browns have a couple TEs in Cameron and Moore that almost nobody saw last year. TE could easily transform to a position of strength.

-AFCN in turmoil. The Ravens are not going away. But the Steelers might. They have done nothing to alleviate the loss of Ward and Mendenhall. They did draft G and LT but their LT rook is a huge risk. Ben's most reliable target retired in Ward. He also has a new OC and Ben has never been smart. As long as DLB lives their D will be good. But they are in transition and are heavily dependent on Troy P.

It is certainly possible the Steelers win again but I don't think that will happen. That team will lose exactly to the degree the Browns improve their season.

Browns 10-6 Steelers 6-10 You heard it here first.

Wow, what can I say about my Browns.

-We drafted a dude named Smelley. As it turns out, he's a pretty good H-back. Great hands. I don't know what we will do with him. He's not a lead blocker and he's not really a TE either. So, H-Back right?

-Signed two Vandals, one a year off reject LB JoJo Dickson, who has great measurables, and T Matt Cleveland. Dickson is very gifted athletically. Matt will sell a ton of jerseys if he makes the team for even a day.

-Weeden has a great ability to throw the rock. This dude has an arm/touch ratio that is better than 90% of the NFL. He could still fail for a great number of reasons but Weeds ability to throw the ball is really, really impressive. I was dismissive of this pick but then watched a bunch of youtube games.

-Richardson is so F'n good. This is a guy that is so easy to root for. Seriously, just google him and you will find something that makes you like him. On top of this the guy is really good at everything. He blocks and catches. This player will change the AFCN. He's that good.

-Schwartz at RT is a key draftee. Our guards were both basically rooks last year. One of them looked to be able to become a serious NFL player, that's Pinkston. The other, Lauvau, is nasty but has limitations. Cleveland drafted another late round G too. If our new RT is the real deal a whole lot will be unlocked. Last year Alex Smith had to play TE a lot to cover up the hole at RT. He's just not very good. The Browns have a couple TEs in Cameron and Moore that almost nobody saw last year. TE could easily transform to a position of strength.

-AFCN in turmoil. The Ravens are not going away. But the Steelers might. They have done nothing to alleviate the loss of Ward and Mendenhall. They did draft G and LT but their LT rook is a huge risk. Ben's most reliable target retired in Ward. He also has a new OC and Ben has never been smart. As long as DLB lives their D will be good. But they are in transition and are heavily dependent on Troy P.

It is certainly possible the Steelers win again but I don't think that will happen. That team will lose exactly to the degree the Browns improve their season.

I wish you good luck but a few things to point out here. One is that Weeden looked so great on youtube because he played in that Air Raid offense crap. Everyone excels in that. Maybe he's the real deal. But I doubt it. Secondly, the Steelers aren't going anywhere. Their o-line should be vastly improved year over year. That has been a major issue the last two seasons and they've really addressed that. The loss of Ward means little. I don't think he started for them anyway. If he did, he did not get as many snaps on passing plays as Brown. They still have Wallace, Brown and Sanders. That's a very good threesome. And loss of Mendenhall? I'm not sure what you mean. Regardless, they don't really like him much anyway and I see a successor being drafted for him next year or the year after. In short brother, you're high if you think a well-run, well-coached, talented team like the Steelers are going to fall four games behind a consistently ****ty team like the Browns who will field a rookie qb who's used to facing craphouse defenses week in and week out. Well, minus Texas.

In fact, I'll bet you right now that the Steelers end up with a better record than the Browns. If they tie, or the Browns are better, you win. If Pitt ends up with a better record, I win.

Awaiting the typical "Ah, I don't bet my team" comment.

Last edited:
-AFCN in turmoil. But the Steelers might. They have done nothing to alleviate the loss of Ward and Mendenhall. They did draft G and LT but their LT rook is a huge risk. Ben's most reliable target retired in Ward. He also has a new OC and Ben has never been smart. As long as DLB lives their D will be good. But they are in transition and are heavily dependent on Troy P.

You seriously need to take off your crap brown stained glasses. Lets address your post.

The Loss of Ward and Mendenhall
-You do understand that Ward was our 4th WR last year? As far as 'most dependable' reciever I am pretty sure Mike Wallace or Antonio Brown or Heath Miller would probably have something to say about that. This comment alone shows how much you truely know about the Steelers.
-Mendenhall 'could' be a loss but every report is he will be ready for Week 1. Also keep in mind that the Steelers have a slew of other backs that stepped in. Issac Redman can be a 2 down back and bring in our draft pick to be our 3rd down back while passing and I am not too worried. Also Mendenhall is in a contract year... we all know how that generally goes.

They did draft G and LT but their LT rook is a huge risk.
-We got the BEST G regarding rankings and scouting in almost 10 years. The LT is a concern but the upside is huge. I don't see him starting day 1 anyways. If, and there is an If there, he can stay clean that will be the possible steal of the draft with him sliding to the 2nd round.

He also has a new OC and Ben has never been smart.
-New OC I will give you that but if you even watched Ariens then you would understand the his style wasn't what the Steelers needed. The one year he opened it up we missed the playoffs. The Steelers win because we don't put the defense in a bad position and capitolize off of turnovers.
-Ben has never been smart? To what point? The multiple pro bowls or the superbowls he won? Don't get your point but I guess Weeden must have been in Honors so that makes him a great QB right?

But they are in transition and are heavily dependent on Troy P
-The defense definately is older but you fail to mention the young talent drafted in the past 5 years. Lawrence Timmons - ILB - is one of the best ILB in the league. Lamar Woodley already is a dominant force. Kiesel and Hampton are there on the D Line but also consider that Ta'Mau, Ziggy Hood, and Hayward have all been drafted to man the 3 man front for years to come. As far as Polomalu and being dependant, I agree, but is that a problem? When you have a Hall of Fame Safety why wouldn't you be? That is like saying Green Bay is dependent on A. Rodgers on offense... makes no sense.

-Money? Wager? You can't throw that out without backing it up. You name the amount......

As far as how optomistic you are about the Browns I can see where the light is brighter than it has been but they didn't do much to address many defensive issues, line issues, or create a winning atmosophere. The fact is that if you are expecting a bunch of rookies to lead your team to a 10 win season you are most likely about to be let down.

Again... name the price on which team will end with a better record......

Again... name the price on which team will end with a better record......

GTFO. I have first dibs. I'm down for just about any bet he wants to make. In fact, I'll give him even odds on the following wager. I say the Browns will finish in last place in the division. If they do, I win. If they don't and finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, he wins.

The Browns are that much worse than the other three AFC North teams. Coaching, qb play, overall talent. It's not even close.

GTFO. I have first dibs. I'm down for just about any bet he wants to make. In fact, I'll give him even odds on the following wager. I say the Browns will finish in last place in the division. If they do, I win. If they don't and finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, he wins.

The Browns are that much worse than the other three AFC North teams. Coaching, qb play, overall talent. It's not even close.

I'll do a sig bet or an avatar. No problem whatsoever. You guys are living in the past.

Edit: I know almost nobody in the country agrees with me. Vegas has us as dogs for every game. Still not a deep team. Most Browns fans don't see more than 6-7 wins. But I do. Anyways nothing like going against the grain to get a discussion going and I like talking football.

Cope--

Ben is not a smart QB. That's just not his game. What he does is buy time scrambling or shrugging off tackles and making a strong throw. Mendenhall was a key to that offense and Ward was really reliable for 3rd down. Downplaying RM's knee is puzzling. Likely he starts the season on PUP and comes in sometime mid season not nearly as effective. ACL is not a 9 month recovery. Those 2 guys mattered. Arians OC'd the SB Steelers. You might not like his style but it worked. I don't think Haley is any better, and anyways the real problem seems to be that Ben doesn't like him.

You are also talking about a team that had some trouble beating the Browns in week 17 and promptly lost to Tim Tebow. If you think they are on their way up you are deluded. NOT the same team that took the Lombardi a couple years ago. They are good at finding system players and plugging them in, particularly at LB but they had some deep flaws that are not fixed. That line is not fixed. RB is a problem. Troy makes that secondary look better than it really is. Maybe Ta'amu hits but Hampton is getting up there and you don't have another NT. It's not like you drafted a sure thing like Ngata.

I am curious to see what they do with Spence. He is not a typical Pitts LB. Will they use him as a 46 type player? Can he play safety? I also don't know why they put all their OT eggs in a guy like Adams when they could easily have taken more OL in that spot. As you pointed out Pit is not exactly dying for more LBs. Hard to justify for the time being.

You guys yuck it up, it'll be just yuck when November comes around and you don't understand what happened.

Cope--

Ben is not a smart QB. That's just not his game. What he does is buy time scrambling or shrugging off tackles and making a strong throw. Mendenhall was a key to that offense and Ward was really reliable for 3rd down. Downplaying RM's knee is puzzling. Likely he starts the season on PUP and comes in sometime mid season not nearly as effective. ACL is not a 9 month recovery. Those 2 guys mattered. Arians OC'd the SB Steelers. You might not like his style but it worked. I don't think Haley is any better, and anyways the real problem seems to be that Ben doesn't like him.

You are also talking about a team that had some trouble beating the Browns in week 17 and promptly lost to Tim Tebow. If you think they are on their way up you are deluded. NOT the same team that took the Lombardi a couple years ago. They are good at finding system players and plugging them in, particularly at LB but they had some deep flaws that are not fixed. That line is not fixed. RB is a problem. Troy makes that secondary look better than it really is. Maybe Ta'amu hits but Hampton is getting up there and you don't have another NT. It's not like you drafted a sure thing like Ngata.

I am curious to see what they do with Spence. He is not a typical Pitts LB. Will they use him as a 46 type player? Can he play safety? I also don't know why they put all their OT eggs in a guy like Adams when they could easily have taken more OL in that spot. As you pointed out Pit is not exactly dying for more LBs. Hard to justify for the time being.

You guys yuck it up, it'll be just yuck when November comes around and you don't understand what happened.

So let me get this straight.......

First, when did I say that the Steelers were on the way up? I simply said that they are not going to go 6-10 and won't be worse than the Browns. With the schedule the AFC North has this year it could be rough. I am calling 10-6 and being a wildcard team a possiblity.

So Ben is not 'smart' because he breaks tackles and makes a throw.. that makes him not a smart QB? hmmmmmm ok....

With Mendenhall being on the fence it definately hurts but Redman, Batch, Dwyer, as well as the U RB and Moore... even though there isn't a star that will be sufficient. Is there a 3 down, everydown back in there? No, but when you can stretch the field with Wallace and Brown holes will be open.

As far as Ariens vs. Haley time will tell... If you look at the SB win Ariens had to be ripped by Tomlin and they started running the ball. This if anything is my biggest concern.

As far as the defense you keep bringing up Polomalu and how 'old' they are. Woodley, Timmons, Hood, Ta'Mau, Hayward are up front. Drafting Spence was puzzling to me but the more I watch him the more I like his motor and his ability to make plays. I can see him being groomed to step in for Harrison as I think this is his last year (Due to his large Contract). Either that or he will be groomed to step in for Polomalu at SS in a few years.

What you keep missing about the Steelers is they develop their own players better than most teams in the league. They rarely bring in FA's because our Front Office does such a great job of drafting. We just drafted 2 lineman that may solidify the line for years to go along with Pouncy and Gilbert.

I guess my point is that if the Steelers are down their floor generally is 8-8.... the Browns are on the floor and only can go up but you are not being realistic.

Just to be clear, Ben is an elite QB. He just isn't a guy that beats you like Manning does. BR beats you after the snap. And again, I know predicting 10 wins for Cleveland is very against the grain. But we'll see. If you want in, just take whatever Wes doesn't between avatar and sig. I do have reason to be confident. I'm not trying to bait. Browns will be better than Pittsburgh this year.

The Bengals are a tough one to figure though, don't you think? Hard to predict what they will do. Made the playoffs but only beat one winning team. Dalton looked pretty good, poised, when I saw him. Team just full of talented question marks, especially on D. I mean, they draft em' and also pull them off the trash heap. You have to wonder if one or two or more of these guys is going to break out.

Taylor Mays, Michael Johnson, Pac Man, Carlos Dunlap, Dontay Moch, Manny Lawson, Maualuga, these guys are elite physical talents that haven't yet performed up to expectations. They drafted Defense mostly this year too. I think Dunlap is going to start this year and be a terror.

Could see this team going up, down a little, or standing pat. I think that Defense is going to be really good. Not just good for the Bengals but legit top tier. With a year of tape out on Dalton he should have a bit of a slump, but then again he'll have a year of experience throwing to Graham and Green. Guessing they will be within a win of last year's record, so 8-10 wins.

Looking around the league, Seattle might surprise some folks, Denver is gonna be deadly, Tampa I look to bounce back. New Orleans, Philly, Washington, NYJ, Buffalo, and Chicago all will be interesting to follow for various reasons. Really looking forward to the season. Should be a very good one.

This is my take on the AFC North

Baltimore - will be a contender again
Steelers - will be the next step below Baltimore or on par - all depends on how Haley steps in. What most don't realize is the Steelers didn't force turnovers last year. The ball didn't fall their way and they still won games. If they can get back actually getting those turnovers they should make the playoffs.
Cleveland - On the way up with some of the pieces drafted but still many holes and no coaching to continue to move them in the right direction. I can possibly see them getting to .500 this year but I think that is a strech. If they go 7-9 that is a success as they need to build a winning culture.
Cinci - Hard to read as I agree they didn't win against winning teams. I think they take a step back and struggle to be .500 this year.

In the AFC I think you see many of the same teams as last year. I think Denver doesn't take a 'leap' like many think with Peyton there though. They won a handful of games off of Tebow miracles and got to 9 wins. I wouldn't be suprised if Denver goes 9-7 this year.
Oakland is another team that I can see taking the AFC West. Healthy McFadden and another year for Palmer to get settled in.
Out of any division in the AFC the West is open to really 3 of the 4 teams (Oakland, Denver, San Diego). I think KC will struggle.

AFC South - Texans
AFC North - Baltimore/Pittsburgh
AFC West - Denver/Oakland/San Diego
AFC East - New England/NJ Jets

I think out of those 8 teams you will see the 6 teams in the playoffs. There usually is a suprise team and my team would be Tennessee. They were not that far off last year and have talent.