What's new

Niang Makes the Team or We Riot Movement

Why don't we change the thread title to Niang Makes First Team All Star or we Riot? Y'all talk like he's already guaranteed 6th man of the year award. Ill wait for him to play at least one game before anointing the 15th roster spot a solid contributor.

Saying he can step in if needed and that he could contribute isn’t saying he is an all star or even a solid contributor.
Where did you get that from the post you quoted?

I do wonder if Niang could be the PF version of Joe Ingles. All the same criticisms were made about Joe Ingles when we signed him (too slow, can't jump, not an NBA player, etc). Plus Niang is 3 years younger than Joe was when we first signed him. I think it will be important not to give up on Niang in the first year. Ingles wasn't particularly good his first year here (9 PER, .53 TS), but mastered the system and is now our 3rd best player.

Why don't we change the thread title to Niang Makes First Team All Star or we Riot? Y'all talk like he's already guaranteed 6th man of the year award. Ill wait for him to play at least one game before anointing the 15th roster spot a solid contributor.
I said contribute. Geez, you responded as if I said he'd average 20 pts/per. I think he's capable of playing decent NBA minutes...against fellow subs. He's going to get a lot of DNP's. Most games he probably sits behind the bench in a suit if everyone else is healthy.

At PF, he's behind Favors, Crowder and probably Thabo. Can he make the same kind of "impact" Jerebko did? Probably. But likely fewer mins as Thabo is back and Jazz have Crowder for the full year.

Not quoting a specific post but im the ISU fan that likes Georges and Naz....someone said cool to see ISU fans following their players to a team in the NBA. Iowa has no team and most by default follow the bulls with their 90's success (pushoff) . Then the pacers (hoiberg), then the timberwolves (hoiberg) and now the bulls again (hoiberg). However I have noticed lots of Jazz apparel lately around Des Moines. Maybe its because of the cool classic logo but also because of the connection with Georges and Previously Hornacek and Tinsley which believe it or not is a big draw here. I know my 2nd team is the Jazz....My first team is the Lakers so I know im dead to everyone here. If its any consolation i cursed the Kobe Vlade trade when I was 12 and I made a sports bar in my house that has a Stockton framed jersey.

Not quoting a specific post but im the ISU fan that likes Georges and Naz....someone said cool to see ISU fans following their players to a team in the NBA. Iowa has no team and most by default follow the bulls with their 90's success (pushoff) . Then the pacers (hoiberg), then the timberwolves (hoiberg) and now the bulls again (hoiberg). However I have noticed lots of Jazz apparel lately around Des Moines. Maybe its because of the cool classic logo but also because of the connection with Georges and Previously Hornacek and Tinsley which believe it or not is a big draw here. I know my 2nd team is the Jazz....My first team is the Lakers so I know im dead to everyone here. If its any consolation i cursed the Kobe Vlade trade when I was 12 and I made a sports bar in my house that has a Stockton framed jersey.

Oh man! Jazz AND Lakers, such a dichotomy. Well... may your first team lose every time they play your second team. Cheers.

Niang ain’t getting 6th man... bruh chill... he won’t even qualify cuz he gonna be starting by December.

I would prefer you didn’t like the Lakers but at least we have a non-troll to mock mercilessly when the LOLakers lose to us 3 or 4 times a year.

Welcome lifeless Lakers corpse.

Nah, they already changed DNP CD to Nianglogten's Zeros.

I'm not sure this makes sense. In any case I like Niang. I think he could have a great impact if he gets some run. We are deep AF so I doubt he plays unless we have a couple injuries. I think he could help us if he did play doe.

Why are you here Lakers slut? LBJ or not the they'll do well to make the playoffs and they still suck. there is no consolation here, only cold hard misery and hate.

Not long enough lol.
Actually I think it’s permanent/lifetime iirc

crying-baby-giant-eyes1.jpg.jpeg