What's new

Nicholas Batum?

Jordan Bell? Is he better than Batum at this point? He's certainly younger, but he's always had a limited role, so it's hard to read his stats.

Though this sounds promising: On December 22, against the Los Angeles Lakers, he scored a career-high 20 points on 9-for-13 shooting to go with his career-high 10 rebounds in 25 minutes.

Surely, he's better at defense than Niang - also he's surely a worse shooter.

The Jazz aren't signing anyone. Looks like we're rocking with the young guys as depth.

Normal rotation will prob be..

C: Gobert/Favors
PF: Bogdanovic/Niang/Favors
SF: Oneale/Ingles/Oni
SG: Mitchell/Clarkson/Oni
PG: Conley/Mitchell/Ingles

Juwan Morgan is probably the 11th man. Jazz reportedly trust him with minutes.

Rayjon Tucker, Udoka Azubuike, Elijah Hughes are development guys who prob won't play much if at all this year barring injuries.

Looks like Nigel Williams Goss might be kept as an emergency PG option.

That's 15.

Jarrell Brantley and Trent Forrest on the two-ways.

The Jazz aren't signing anyone. Looks like we're rocking with the young guys as depth.

Normal rotation will prob be..

C: Gobert/Favors
PF: Bogdanovic/Niang/Favors
SF: Oneale/Ingles/Oni
SG: Mitchell/Clarkson/Oni
PG: Conley/Mitchell/Ingles

Juwan Morgan is probably the 11th man. Jazz reportedly trust him with minutes.

Rayjon Tucker, Udoka Azubuike, Elijah Hughes are development guys who prob won't play much if at all this year barring injuries.

Looks like Nigel Williams Goss might be kept as an emergency PG option.

That's 15.

Jarrell Brantley and Trent Forrest on the two-ways.

This looks right except I think If Batum is available he could take niangs and oni minutes. If we want to contend he is a better option. If they just want to get as far as they can and try to develop talent then this take makes sense. Keeping Conley means we should get Batum though.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

This looks right except I think If Batum is available he could take niangs and oni minutes. If we want to contend he is a better option. If they just want to get as far as they can and try to develop talent then this take makes sense. Keeping Conley means we should get Batum though.

My count is 14 guys with two two ways. That would leave a spot if they wanted to sign someone. I suspect they are trying to stop the luxury tax bleeding a bit.

Batum wouldnt take any of Niangs minutes. Batum isn't a great shooter, Niang is. Niang plays because he can shoot the three. Whether we agree or disagree with it, that's just the way it is.

It looks like the Jazz believe in Oni enough to give him a go. I'm not sure if he's a better option than a vet free agency pick up. But apparently they want to find out.

I don't see us signing Batum or anyone else. Looks like we're going with the young guys for depth. At least until midseason. We could always shift at the deadline.

Jordan Bell? Is he better than Batum at this point? He's certainly younger, but he's always had a limited role, so it's hard to read his stats.

Though this sounds promising: On December 22, against the Los Angeles Lakers, he scored a career-high 20 points on 9-for-13 shooting to go with his career-high 10 rebounds in 25 minutes.

Surely, he's better at defense than Niang - also he's surely a worse shooter.
If Bell could hit a damn three I'd be down. Plus he and Mitchell are friends. With Favs here I don't feel we need Bell.

As far as the three goes, unless the Jazz find a PF who can both hit the three and has some semblance of defense Niang's job is safe (though I wouldn't be surprised if Brantley eventually replaces Niang if the former develops his game more).

He’s 34 in December
I hope Charlotte just drops Batum and doesn't give Boston the trade exception...Mainly because I am spiteful and remember Boston not willing to do a sign and trade with us when Hayward signed with them.

From Batum's agent 2 days ago:

In fact, that already appears to be the case, according to Batum’s agent, Jeremy Medjana.

Medjana recently told Basket Session that six teams have already shown interest in Batum, all of which have playoff aspirations in 2020-21. Here’s what the agent had to say:

“Six teams have contacted us and showed interest in Nico: Nets, Warriors, Jazz, Clippers, Bucks and Raptors. Nico is in the best shape of his life. He’s been working hard with coaches for two months. He lost ten kilos (roughly 22 pounds).”

Glad that the Clippers rushed to sign someone who hasn't been good at basketball for like 5 years.