What's new

Non jazz 2019 playoff discussion.

So Leonard passes up an opportunity to take a three, dribbles in to a contested 2pt shot and all of Canada celebrated?

Clearly they don't understand advance metrics and analytics.
In the situation he was in those metrics are meaningless. It didn't matter if he scored 1, 2 or 3 points, he just needed to score in order to win the game.

If he had taken the tree there might have been time left on the clock giving the other team a possession and possible chance to win. So dribbling and taking what was guaranteed to be the last shot was the right move.

He’s a UFA this year. They took a chance at one season, and they traded one of their franchise’s all-time greats on a multi-year deal and who loved being there to do it.

The move was great, but it took some real stones to do it.

Let's not forget that they fired a guy that won Coach of the Year and replaced him with a nerd that's never been a head coach or played basketball in any kind of serious way.

According to Spotrac he’s under contract through 2019-2020 making him UFA next summer.

In the situation he was in those metrics are meaningless. It didn't matter if he scored 1, 2 or 3 points, he just needed to score in order to win the game.

If he had taken the tree there might have been time left on the clock giving the other team a possession and possible chance to win. So dribbling and taking what was guaranteed to be the last shot was the right move.
He also sought out a spot on the floor that he is really comfortable taking shots from and got to it.

I agree with your explanation. Apologies for not using Sarcasm brackets [src] [/src] in my original message.

btw, I find it interesting in the two game 7's the 3pt percentage was way down...
4-26 for portland
2-19 for denver
9-27 sixers
7-30 Raptors

btw, I find it interesting in the two game 7's the 3pt percentage was way down...
4-26 for portland
2-19 for denver
9-27 sixers
7-30 Raptors

+ last year’s rockets game: they missed how many 3s in a row again? lol game 7 is just different i guess

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Yeah they did. They took a player that will be a UFA and who struggled to recover from a serious injury and missed most of the previous season. Not to mention the guy the traded away was best friends with their PG. trading for Kawhi was a huge gamble. The temptation to stand pat after lebron left the conference must have enormous.
wrong, not a huge gamble at all

Game 1 Portland at Golden State Q1 in the books.... McCullom and Lillard pressing into reckless shots and missing , 'Kanter Hood Collins keeping them in the game. Incredible that it's close, GS gets the benefit of the doubt an extra 30 times a game.,

The warriors might be better without KD. If anything, they’re far more entertaining because their entire team gets involved in the offense. Amazing that they could still be this dominant without arguably the best offensive player in the game.

The warriors might be better without KD. If anything, they’re far more entertaining because their entire team gets involved in the offense. Amazing that they could still be this dominant without arguably the best offensive player in the game.
They're not better but they're infinitely more fun to watch. Rockets Warriors before the KD injury was basically KD vs Harden ISO ball.

Very much looking forward to the Raptors-Bucks series. Kawhi’s shot had me more hypes than any other non-Jazz highlight. I like both teams, so it will be nice watching a series where I don’t irrationality hate one side (Sixers, Celtics, Nuggets).