What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Dude it’s not always all about stats. You use the same argument for Tucker. Even Jackson and Van Gundy are raving about Craig’s energy.
So show me his amazing effect. Use advanced stats. Show me how he is shutting down the guy he is guarding for 10 minutes each game.
I'm all ears. Give me sometime tangible to show me how great he is.
Like who is he more important than on the suns team who plays minutes and why?

All I hear is, "you just don't understand" or " you just have to watch the games". I am watching and I see him do something good once in a while. Wow. I also see him do nothing quite often. He gets scored on just like everyone else and on the other end he is mostly ignored by the suns offense and the clippers defense.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Payne played 18 minutes per game in the regular season.
22 per game in the playoffs.
Thats called a rotation player not end of the bench scrub.
Reggie Jackson played 23 minutes per game in the regular season and 37 per game in the playoffs and has always been a rotational player (and even a starter) in his career.
He is also not an end of the bench scrub

But don't take my word for it, by all means start a thread asking if those guys are end of the bench scrubs and if they ever have been this year.

Yeah, that's because both Clippers and Suns got a deeper bench and played more guys in their rotation. Cam Payne's 18 min per game is good for 8th most minutes played on the team, barely edging out Saric' 17.4 min per game.

And guess who's our eighth guy in the rotation?

Georges Niang.

Is he not our end of bench scrub? He surely plays like one in that Clippers series.

Suns tenth man is Frank Kaminsky BTW. That'd be equivalent of Trent Forrest in the Jazz rotation chart.

It’s obviously working and even more of a reason why we need to look at some small ball options this off-season.
Agreed.
I just recall everyone saying Rudy can't punish small ball cause of his lack of shooting and offensive moves but Ayton, oh boy he would feast on small ball. (Rudy and Ayton averaged the same amount of points per game btw)
He doesn't get pushed around and would get a bunch of offensive rebounds.
Ayton was a negative 22 on the court. Worst on the team.
Saric was a plus 8. Highest on the team.

And the suns are healthy unlike the jazz and the clippers are even more banged up than they were against the jazz.
And they are more tired while suns are more rested. Paul George has played way more minutes than anyone else on the playoffs this year according to the announcers.

So show me his amazing effect. Use advanced stats. Show me how he is shutting down the guy he is guarding for 10 minutes each game.

All I hear is, "you just don't understand" or " you just have to watch the games". I am watching and I see him do something good once in a while. Wow. I also see him do nothing quite often. He gets scored on just like everyone else and on the other end he is mostly ignored by the suns offense and the clippers defense.

Try watching the games in a different way than you normally do. Everyone else can see it besides you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_jadenburns/status/1409712207315697664

https://mobile.twitter.com/thereelBStein/status/1409711877706321924

I found these literally searching Twitter for 30 seconds. I guess everyone is just crazy and Craig sucks because he doesn’t put up crazy stats.

Also, Jae Crowder the guy everyone on this board overrates and romanticizes is playing terrible. Surprise surprise.

7/26 from 3 and is averaging 7 PPG in 31 minutes per game. He obviously isn’t stopping anyone on defense either.
I never overrated or romanticized him. Quite the opposite in fact

Jesus Fish... they literally don’t win game one without him. Had 8 and 6 in game 1. Was +18 in less than 15 minutes.

He’s a minimum guy that won them one playoff game out of 5 in the conference finals. The rest of the time he didn’t hurt them. Favs and Niang were actively bad. Neutral would be an improvement... and then yeah they might win you a game or two here and there. These guys matter... stars matter more but these guys are important too.

Yeah, that's because both Clippers and Suns got a deeper bench and played more guys in their rotation. Cam Payne's 18 min per game is good for 8th most minutes played on the team, barely edging out Saric' 17.4 min per game.

And guess who's our eighth guy in the rotation?

Georges Niang.

Is he not our end of bench scrub? He surely plays like one in that Clippers series.

Suns tenth man is Frank Kaminsky BTW. That'd be equivalent of Trent Forrest in the Jazz rotation chart.
Niang wasn't an end of the bench scrub. He was a rotation player when we were fully healthy
If you are asking who is better, niang or Payne then I go with Payne.
Neither are end of the bench scrubs.
They are called rotational players that play every game even non blowout games.

Niang wasn't an end of the bench scrub. He was a rotation player when we were fully healthy
If you are asking who is better, niang or Payne then I go with Payne.
Neither are end of the bench scrubs.
They are called rotational players that play every game even non blowout games.

Niang is an end of bench scrub who would find it difficult cracking other teams rotation. Plain and simple. We played him extended minutes only because we had no one else in the selection chart who could earn minutes over him. Say as much about Torrey Craig as you want, but a guy like him would help relegate Niang to the inactive list almost immediately.

Try watching the games in a different way than you normally do. Everyone else can see it besides you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_jadenburns/status/1409712207315697664

https://mobile.twitter.com/thereelBStein/status/1409711877706321924

I found these literally searching Twitter for 30 seconds. I guess everyone is just crazy and Craig sucks because he doesn’t put up crazy stats.
That quarter sure.
I didn't say he was completely worthless.
But who is he is more valuable for the suns who plays minutes?

Why does he only play 10 minutes per game since he is so great and every drools over him.

Btw on the plays where he just stands around and does nothing in other games I doubt they tweet about those plays. He made a couple plays tonight. They lost. Twitter gives him rave reviews. I saw those plays too and they were good plays.
They still lost during his minutes on the court. It's cool that he made a free plays. Don't overrate that though.

That quarter sure.
I didn't say he was completely worthless.
But who is he is more valuable for the suns who plays minutes?

Why does he only play 10 minutes per game since he is so great and every drools over him.

Btw on the plays where he just stands around and does nothing in other games I doubt they tweet about those plays. He made a couple plays tonight. They lost. Twitter gives him rave reviews. I saw those plays too and they were good plays.
They still lost during his minutes on the court. It's cool that he made a free plays. Don't overrate that though.

He’s literally played better than Crowder and Bridges. Both guys have been absolute trash this series.

Jesus Fish... they literally don’t win game one without him. Had 8 and 6 in game 1. Was +18 in less than 15 minutes.

He’s a minimum guy that won them one playoff game out of 5 in the conference finals. The rest of the time he didn’t hurt them. Favs and Niang were actively bad. Neutral would be an improvement... and then yeah they might win you a game or two here and there. These guys matter... stars matter more but these guys are important too.
Ya he had a good game. I have seen favors have good games in the playoffs too. Even this year.
I heard people calling him playoff favors even.

Niang was bad. Just because he was bad doesn't mean he couldn't be good.

That's the thing about role players. They only get a few plays per game. If those plays end up bad they look horrible. If those plays end up good they look great.

Let's say niang hits his open threes like normal and doesn't make a couple bad passes (maybe trying to hard while missing Conley) like he normally doesn't. Then we ain't bitchin so much.
**** happens sometimes though.

Niang was a -33 against the clips in about 60 minutes of court time.

Averaged less than a point per game and like a rebound... that’s who Craig is replacing.
He was horrible. That doesn't mean that he will always and forever be that horrible.
In fact I bet if conley was healthy he wouldn't have even been that horrible in that series.

Torrey Craig might be horrible next game. And in the finals. Then everyone would go quiet and remember that he is just a last man on the rotation and remember that he is the last man on the rotation for a reason. Cause he isn't really that good.
If he was he would play more.

Craig has been more impactful for the Suns this series than Favs and Niang combined for us last series.
How about favors against Memphis?
How about other series in past years?
Had favors ever been more impactful than Craig or is Craig the goat

He was horrible. That doesn't mean that he will always and forever be that horrible.
In fact I bet if conley was healthy he wouldn't have even been that horrible in that series.

Torrey Craig might be horrible next game. And in the finals. Then everyone would go quiet and remember that he is just a last man on the rotation and remember that he is the last man on the rotation for a reason. Cause he isn't really that good.
If he was he would play more.

It’s hard for Craig to have a bad game because the dude ****ing plays hard and scraps. He’s a good defender and hustles his *** off. Niang didn’t have to throw lazy passes in traffic sparking Clippers runs. He also shot the ball terribly. When your best trait is shooting and you can’t hit the broad side of a barn there is a problem.