What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

I think the big difference right now is that Phoenix is just thoroughly dominating opponents. The Jazz haven't quite figured out how to pour it on and keep it up.

The margin of the Suns' last five games:

+10 *
+25
+17
+13
+30

*still going

That's just ridiculous. Not counting tonight's game, their average margin of victory is 118-97, or 21 points. That's just insane.
the suns are also playing teams who are MISSING their star players.

The Suns are at full strength playing against a dramatically inferior opponent.
I don't care who it is or what excuses are used: they absolutely embarrassed the Lakers in the final two games of that series and are absolutely embarrassing the Nuggets, and their MVP in this series.

My concern, as it has been for most the playoffs, even when the Jazz was healthy, is their inability to maintain large leads. We saw this throughout the Memphis series (up until, finally, game five in Salt Lake), as well as last night: the Jazz led game two by 20+ points and Memphis surged back to get within two in the third before the Jazz put it away in the fourth. In game three, the Jazz led by 11 after three and t he Grizzlies powered back to tie it with 5 minutes left, before the Jazz put 'em away. Last night, the Jazz led by, what, 21 and actually trailed for a second there.

Credit the Jazz for coming back and not wilting at the end of any of these games ... but that killer instinct has to be there. We can't let these teams keep creeping back, especially playing a team like the Suns.

Now maybe we'll luck out and Denver will make Phoenix look more mortal (I hope!) but that continues to be my concern for the Jazz.

I don't care who it is or what excuses are used: they absolutely embarrassed the Lakers in the final two games of that series and are absolutely embarrassing the Nuggets, and their MVP in this series.

My concern, as it has been for most the playoffs, even when the Jazz was healthy, is their inability to maintain large leads. We saw this throughout the Memphis series (up until, finally, game five in Salt Lake), as well as last night: the Jazz led game two by 20+ points and Memphis surged back to get within two in the third before the Jazz put it away in the fourth. In game three, the Jazz led by 11 after three and t he Grizzlies powered back to tie it with 5 minutes left, before the Jazz put 'em away. Last night, the Jazz led by, what, 21 and actually trailed for a second there.

Credit the Jazz for coming back and not wilting at the end of any of these games ... but that killer instinct has to be there. We can't let these teams keep creeping back, especially playing a team like the Suns.

Now maybe we'll luck out and Denver will make Phoenix look more mortal (I hope!) but that continues to be my concern for the Jazz.
my concern for the jazz is beating the clippers ...and I hope it's swiftly because it looks like phx suns are about to 4-0 the nuggets. Nuggets looks COMPLETELY outclassed and aaron gordon looks like complete TRASH level.

I agree with your overarching point with the Jazz blowing leads in the playoffs but the Jazz blew out most teams they played as well all season - if they didn't they wouldn't have the largest point differential in the NBA by a mile.

The Grizzlies are better than the Lakers without AD and LeBron playing on one leg. The Nuggets without Murray aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Clippers. The Jazz would've destroyed both of them.

Lol all championship teams blow their lead all the time. It's NBA. it just happens.

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app

my concern for the jazz is beating the clippers ...and I hope it's swiftly because it looks like phx suns are about to 4-0 the nuggets. Nuggets looks COMPLETELY outclassed and aaron gordon looks like complete TRASH level.
Well the best way to make it swift is by building, and maintaining, leads.

I agree with your overarching point with the Jazz blowing leads in the playoffs but the Jazz blew out most teams they played as well all season - if they didn't they wouldn't have the largest point differential in the NBA by a mile.

The Grizzlies are better than the Lakers without AD and LeBron playing on one leg. The Nuggets without Murray aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Clippers. The Jazz would've destroyed both of them.
The way I see it: the Jazz have shown they can bury teams early. That's not up for debate. But they have seemed to start playing with their food a bit and it allows for teams to come back and that I don't like. Now, I do feel last night was different than the Memphis series because a) the Jazz bounced back after the game got closed and pulled away and b) I actually think the adjustments that were made by Lou to go to zone played a huge role in that - and there really wasn't any adjustments made by Memphis' coach in those games that led to the closing of the game.

So, we'll see how they adjust to that change, especially since I think more teams are likely to use it if the Jazz advance.

BUT I will say this, you even mentioned last night during the game how concerned you were about t he Jazz losing their leads in the playoffs - and you even quoted past series in other years.

So, I am glad you agree with the crux. I just want the Jazz to make it easy. And maybe it won't be easy due to Conley being out and it being the Clippers ... but just once!

PHX looks so balanced. DEN can’t seem to get Porter or Gordon to not look like trash.

Would really prefer this to go the distance so Paul gets zero recovery.

PHX looks so balanced. DEN can’t seem to get Porter or Gordon to not look like trash.

Would really prefer this to go the distance so Paul gets zero recovery.
yeash i dont see denver winning a single game. just looks terrible.

Even when healthy the jazz couldn't maintain big leads lol.
The jazz blew out more teams than anyone in the league including the suns. Led the league in margin of victory.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app