What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

The Suns lost to the Lakers in their final meeting in the regular season. You just claimed the Jazz haven't lost when fully healthy in the playoffs, and then said the Suns have. You are making no sense. Paul got hurt in Game 1 against the Lakers, then the Suns offense completely looked out of sorts in Games 2 and 3 with him limited by the injury. They weren't fully healthy obviously.

I'm not crowning them at all, I am saying they are playing the most complete basketball out of any team right now, and they're going to be tough to beat.

The Suns as a team are far more formidable than the Clippers, even though their individual talent may not be as great as the Clippers.
Well I mean I picked the jazz to beat the clippers in 6 and to beat the suns in 7 so ya I agree that the suns are more formidable than the clippers.

The fact is that the suns lost twice in these playoffs when they had their full roster. I don't care if Paul was banged up. He played. Just like Donovan and bogey played last game even though both were banged up.

Jazz are undefeated when all their players play. Both teams jazz have faced were healthy also. Both teams the suns have faced were not healthy.

That is all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Cp3s ability to kill drop big defense leads me to believe the suns are a bad matchup for us
Also leads me to believe that quin Snyder's coaching might come into play.

Cp3 has killed gobert since his rockets days. Im not saying we wont win but i think the suns are the favorites against us

Things just didnt go denvers way this year with injuries and such. I’m sure next season they will be a very motivated bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I think the big difference right now is that Phoenix is just thoroughly dominating opponents. The Jazz haven't quite figured out how to pour it on and keep it up.

The margin of the Suns' last five games:

+10 *
+25
+17
+13
+30

*still going

That's just ridiculous. Not counting tonight's game, their average margin of victory is 118-97, or 21 points. That's just insane.
Yeah but is it the suns or the quality of their opponents? I watched 2 of the Denver games and I didn't think the suns were particularly dominating, but that the nuggets seemed disjointed and disinterested. Their defense was lackluster, their offense stagnant. With Murray and Barton out they are missing major pieces. I think if the jazz had been in that bracket you would have seen similar results. Hell LeBron flat gave up. And no one other than Jokic has shown up in the Denver games. I think part of this is the suns are in the easier bracket.

I had thought someone within the past 10 years did it, but looking it up I guess not. I refuse to believe I’m wrong and will blame it on a Mandela effect.
What is a Mandela? Are you sure you are you?

I had thought someone within the past 10 years did it, but looking it up I guess not.

Down 3-0 and win the series? It's happened in baseball and hockey, never once basketball.

To be completely honest, it really isn't that big of a deal to accomplish that. The team down 0-3 does not have to win four games in one night...just one game. Wow, what a concept, win the game you are playing. That's how you approach it. Don't do the larger math, just keep it simple: let's win tonight's game.

Yeah but is it the suns or the quality of their opponents? I watched 2 of the Denver games and I didn't think the suns were particularly dominating, but that the nuggets seemed disjointed and disinterested. Their defense was lackluster, their offense stagnant. With Murray and Barton out they are missing major pieces. I think if the jazz had been in that bracket you would have seen similar results. Hell LeBron flat gave up. And no one other than Jokic has shown up in the Denver games. I think part of this is the suns are in the easier bracket.
I think it's a combination of both.
The suns are really really good. But the Lakers were not really really good once AD went down and the nuggets aren't really really good with their injury issues.

Down 3-0 and win the series? It's happened in baseball and hockey, never once basketball.

To be completely honest, it really isn't that big of a deal to accomplish that. The team down 0-3 does not have to win four games in one night...just one game. Wow, what a concept, win the game you are playing. That's how you approach it. Don't do the larger math, just keep it simple: let's win tonight's game.
Yet, it has never happened in the NBA.

I’ve given some thought to the idea of a series ending early if a team gets to 3-0. I know it would be revenue negative for the league, but it would reduce injury risk which seems like would be beneficial in the long term for the league.

Last edited:
I think its both. The Suns, just like the Jazz, finished top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, won 50+ games, had a top 5 point differential, and top 5 NET rating.

They proved that in the regular season that they are a good team; obviously, the national media didn't think either was a possible elite playoff team.

The Suns literally changed their entire offense on the fly in the Lakers series when CP3 got hurt. Obviously, Davis getting hurt in Game 4 hurt the Lakers, but Ayton was giving the Lakers tons of problems, he was take it to Davis, Drummond, Gasol, and Harrell.

The Nuggets, yes, are missing Dozier and Murray, with Barton returning in Game 2. But they literally just destroyed the Blazers without those guys. The Suns are much more connected and disciplined on defense than the Blazers, and the Suns also have 2 elite pick and roll players with CP3 and Booker. Their ability to shoot the mid range can break defenses, and it literally broke Denver in the 3rd Q in Game 1 when the Nuggets went up 9 and got blown off the floor ever since.

Make no mistake, the Jazz can beat this team, but they absolutely CANNOT have significant double-digit leads erased against a team like the Suns. If they get up by 10+, they HAVE to maintain that lead.

I think its both. The Suns, just like the Jazz, finished top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, won 50+ games, had a top 5 point differential, and top 5 NET rating.

They proved that in the regular season that they are a good team; obviously, the national media didn't think either was a possible elite playoff team.

The Suns literally changed their entire offense on the fly in the Lakers series when CP3 got hurt. Obviously, Davis getting hurt in Game 4 hurt the Lakers, but Ayton was giving the Lakers tons of problems, he was take it to Davis, Drummond, Gasol, and Harrell.

The Nuggets, yes, are missing Dozier and Murray, with Barton returning in Game 2. But they literally just destroyed the Blazers without those guys. The Suns are much more connected and disciplined on defense than the Blazers, and the Suns also have 2 elite pick and roll players with CP3 and Booker. Their ability to shoot the mid range can break defenses, and it literally broke Denver in the 3rd Q in Game 1 when the Nuggets went up 9 and got blown off the floor ever since.

Make no mistake, the Jazz can beat this team, but they absolutely CANNOT have significant double-digit leads erased against a team like the Suns. If they get up by 10+, they HAVE to maintain that lead.
Another way they could win is to get a big lead and lose the big lead and then finish strong and win.

I think it's a combination of both.
The suns are really really good. But the Lakers were not really really good once AD went down and the nuggets aren't really really good with their injury issues.

No doubt the suns are good. I just think their performance is pretty heavily inflated by inferior competition. Whereas we have had an overachieving grizzlies team playing with fire and arguably the 3rd best, maybe even 2nd on paper, team in the west as our opponents.

Another way they could win is to get a big lead and lose the big lead and then finish strong and win.

This is kind of our MO. Either this or come back from a double-digit defecit to win. I take any of the above as long as it ends in the W.

No doubt the suns are good. I just think their performance is pretty heavily inflated by inferior competition. Whereas we have had an overachieving grizzlies team playing with fire and arguably the 3rd best, maybe even 2nd on paper, team in the west as our opponents.
I don't disagree, but again, the Suns young core is in their first playoffs right now. They had to go up against the defending champs, and finished them in 6 games on their homecourt.

Hobbled/hurt Davis or not, that is impressive. And Denver literally just destroyed a fully healthy Portland team (Zach Collins will never be healthy it seems) even with Barton, Dozier, and Murray out. And the Suns have totally dismantled them with ease.

It is going to be a battle. Utah will be the Suns biggest test because they are the best offense the Suns will have played in these playoffs, but conversely, the Suns are playing the best defense out of any team left in the playoffs.

I can't wait. It has the makings of an epic 7 game series.

No doubt, and they've done that in these playoffs. But I worry about doing that against a team with CP3 on it.
Agreed. I would still prefer to get a big lead and let the suns back in the game than to get down to the suns by 20 or so early. Getting a big lead is always good even when it evaporates, imo.

I don't disagree, but again, the Suns young core is in their first playoffs right now. They had to go up against the defending champs, and finished them in 6 games on their homecourt.

Hobbled/hurt Davis or not, that is impressive. And Denver literally just destroyed a fully healthy Portland team (Zach Collins will never be healthy it seems) even with Barton, Dozier, and Murray out. And the Suns have totally dismantled them with ease.

It is going to be a battle. Utah will be the Suns biggest test because they are the best offense the Suns will have played in these playoffs, but conversely, the Suns are playing the best defense out of any team left in the playoffs.

I can't wait. It has the makings of an epic 7 game series.
buddy jazz have to win 2 more vs the clippers, who were down 0-2 last series as well.