What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

I really wish Denver had Murray because then I think they'd win. I'd much rather play Denver than Phoenix because Chris Paul has always been our kryptonite. Hopefully Snyder comes up with a plan to stop the Chris Paul pick n roll that always toasts Gobert.

And yes I'm assuming that we are going to beat the Clippers

Suns might be bringing out the brooms.
At this point, it seems inevitable. I don't see Denver winning game four.

Jazz really need to wrap up the series against LAC ASAP because Phoenix is going to have a long rest ahead of 'em.

Their series is likely to wrap up Sunday.

If Utah loses tomorrow, that means the earliest we can wrap it up will be Wednesday (game five), which could mean the WCF begin Friday.

But the latest Utah could wrap the series up would be next Sunday. That would give Phoenix an entire week off and the Jazz likely a day - maybe two if we're lucky.

No bueno.

I really wish Denver had Murray because then I think they'd win. I'd much rather play Denver than Phoenix because Chris Paul has always been our kryptonite. Hopefully Snyder comes up with a plan to stop the Chris Paul pick n roll that always toasts Gobert.

In all three series that we've played against Chris Paul in the Quin Snyder era, we've actually held his teams to a very meh offensive output, despite the fact that his teams were fantastic offensively, especially the Rockets ones.

I think we'll be okay defensively. My concern is how well we can score on them - unlike the Clippers, the Suns defense is actually elite.

We did overcome him in the 2017 first-round.

Aaron Gordon is so overrated. So glad they traded Gary Harris for him. They don’t have the Mitchell stopper anymore.

Aaron Gordon is a damn good player and is also a player that gets exposed without help. With Murray, I think the Nuggets would be a total nightmare for just about everyone. But they're down him and down Will Barton. They arguably shouldn't have even made the playoffs.

I think the big difference right now is that Phoenix is just thoroughly dominating opponents. The Jazz haven't quite figured out how to pour it on and keep it up.

The margin of the Suns' last five games:

+10 *
+25
+17
+13
+30

*still going

That's just ridiculous. Not counting tonight's game, their average margin of victory is 118-97, or 21 points. That's just insane.
Nice thing about this: Jazz are getting battle tested over and over. They are learning how to finish games in the clutch when things are tight in a close game. Suns, not so much.

When the jazz are playing the suns and it's late in the 4th quarter of a close game it might be advantageous to not have been blowing teams out.

Just saying

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Also, haven't the fully healthy suns lost in these playoffs?

Fully healthy jazz haven't. Even all stars missing jazz are one possession away from being undefeated.

Also, haven't the fully healthy suns lost in these playoffs?

Fully healthy jazz haven't. Even all stars missing jazz are one possession away from being undefeated.

No offense, but this is such a silly argument. Paul got hurt literally in Game 1 of the playoffs. They've won 5 straight games and are absolutely obliterating their opponents.

Look I underestimated the Suns because of their lack of experience and CP3's history of being hurt in the playoffs.

That team is playing lights out right now and playing maybe the best basketball out of anyone.

No offense, but this is such a silly argument. Paul got hurt literally in Game 1 of the playoffs. They've won 5 straight games and are absolutely obliterating their opponents.

Look I underestimated the Suns because of their lack of experience and CP3's history of being hurt in the playoffs.

That team is playing lights out right now and playing maybe the best basketball out of anyone.
Suns lost to the Lakers when both teams were fully healthy. Pre any injury to cp3.

Jazz have the best player in the playoffs, the DPOY, 3 all stars, the 6th man (and runner up) the number 1 record, the number seed and homecourt advantage throughout.
Oh and they are undefeated in the playoffs when healthy.

I will take the jazz vs Suns. You want crown the suns then crown them. Me, I will roll with the jazz.

Suns lost to the Lakers when both teams were fully healthy. Pre any injury to cp3.

Jazz have the best player in the playoffs, the DPOY, 3 all stars, the 6th man (and runner up) the number 1 record, the number seed and homecourt advantage throughout.

I will take the jazz vs Suns. You want crown the suns then crown them. Me, I will roll with the jazz.

You forgot the runner up for DPOY, too.

The Suns lost to the Lakers in their final meeting in the regular season. You just claimed the Jazz haven't lost when fully healthy in the playoffs, and then said the Suns have. You are making no sense. Paul got hurt in Game 1 against the Lakers, then the Suns offense completely looked out of sorts in Games 2 and 3 with him limited by the injury. They weren't fully healthy obviously.

I'm not crowning them at all, I am saying they are playing the most complete basketball out of any team right now, and they're going to be tough to beat.

The Suns as a team are far more formidable than the Clippers, even though their individual talent may not be as great as the Clippers.

Suns sweeping the Nuggets wouldn't be fun. I sure hope the Jazz continues their wins too. Although the Jazz right now have tougher matchup than the Suns.