What's new

Game Thread Nov 02, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 11-02-22

If i were scouting the jazz my gameplan would be to attack the paint like mad. We have no rim protection over 60 points in the paint given up tonight.

If i were scouting the jazz my gameplan would be to attack the paint like mad. We have no rim protection over 60 points in the paint given up tonight.

I think teams will start to take advantage of that more and more as the season goes on.

You could also look at PER. Funny how all the advanced stats are pointing towards one weak link.
It isn’t just advanced stats… he’s shooting under 40% overall and under 20% from three with a 1.5/1 ast/to ratio… he better be prime Kawhi on defense with those numbers.

lol @ using individual +/-
Are there any useable stats? Like zero free throws, zero 3 pointers, zero assists, zero steals, zero rebounds, zero blocks, 2 points to go along with the team worst by far in plus/minus.

Are there any useable stats? Like zero free throws, zero 3 pointers, zero assists, zero steals, zero rebounds, zero blocks, 2 points to go along with the team worst by far in plus/minus.
I'm not even commenting on THT's game.

Individual +/- is a meaningless stat to use to determine how a player is performing. Especially a role player. There's 9 other variables that go into it that are completely outside of the player's control.

Playing a switching scheme with two 6'1 guards against Luka Doncic is a tanking scheme.
Ya I couldn't believe how often conley and sexton guarded doncic.

Yep. Kessler showed a little promise the first few games but none of our starting bigs are rim protectors.
Danny needs to add length/athleticism to our stable of wings and bigs in the next few drafts.
Kelly O really tries but he almost fouls out of every game.

Good game, we were close agasint a good team ( and Luka). Refs did a bad job as usual when they officiate agaisnt superstar. Not a big deal.
Ya two of our players are in the top 4 for fouls per game. A tank team wont get respect from the refs.

His PER is the worst on the team for any rotation player.

Btw, Are Markkanens' family still living in a hotel, or do they have already proper housing for more permanent stay? Off topic maybe, but RL things can easily impact to a things, particularly with two small children.

That last play should have went back to Lauri after the inbounds, he was wide open. Oh well, great effort
I thought there was time for a pump fake by clarkson and then jump into the defender for 3 free throws but that is nit picky.

I'm not even commenting on THT's game.

Individual +/- is a meaningless stat to use to determine how a player is performing. Especially a role player. There's 9 other variables that go into it that are completely outside of the player's control.

It must just be a coincidence that all of the best players in the NBA always have a high +/-.

We don’t want an overpaid stiff on our team with no offensive game. No thanks.
You misunderstood. He was saying if a team offered us what minny offered for gobert then you would have to trade lauri. It was a HUGE haul.

All our guys played hard. That's all you can really ask.

Luka is a one man wrecking crew. I think we actually kept him under his scoring average this season. Nobody can stop him. They had Wood step up today and that was probably the difference in the game.

Jazz don't have big wings so Hardy went with the 3 guards. There was alot of havoc out there but they almost pulled it out at the end.
Ya Wood killed us. He won the game for them.

It must just be a coincidence that all of the best players in the NBA always have a high +/-.
League leaders in individual +/-:

1. Devin Booker
2. Goran Dragic
3. Alex Caruso
4. Scottie Barnes
5. Brook Lopez
6. Mikal Bridges
7. Jrue Holiday
8. Giannis notspellinghislastnameokumpo
9. Caris Lavert
10. Donovan Mitchell
11. Dejounte Murray
12. Dean Wade

Two Suns players (Suns are 6-1)
Three Bucks players (Bucks are 7-0)
Three Cavs players (Cavs are 6-1)

The remaining four are two Bulls role players, Scottie Barnes, and Dejounte Murray.

The lesson here? An individual's +/- is driven heavily by how good their overall team is. Remember who the league leaders were in +/- in 20-21? Gobert and Conley.