What's new

Game Thread Nov 07, 2021 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Magic

Added to Calendar: 11-07-21

- Gobert showed some nice progression with his offense. We need to continue to let him try some things, even if it doesn't look pretty all the time.
- We are racking up the bad shooting nights. Tonight was really bad, and had and some great looks too.
- The team hasn't played back to back home games all season. I think we get our shooting touch back in our upcoming home stand.
- Quin stopped giving Butler his 2-4 minutes a night. I have mixed feelings on that.

We played stupid dumb and looked disinterested almost all night. Rudy was really exploring the space offensively which was surprisingly mostly good. Forrest had two nice defensive plays but completely constipates the offense. It’s not just not shooting open jumpers… it’s not shooting around the rim either.

Donovan had no legs tonight at all. Joe the same. They just did not get up for this game at all.

JC has me officially worried now. Thought once he broke out he’d get back to normal. He did play good defense.

Jalen Suggs looks rough. If they kept him in I think we win.

We played stupid dumb and looked disinterested almost all night. Rudy was really exploring the space offensively which was surprisingly mostly good. Forrest had two nice defensive plays but completely constipates the offense. It’s not just not shooting open jumpers… it’s not shooting around the rim either.

Donovan had no legs tonight at all. Joe the same. They just did not get up for this game at all.

JC has me officially worried now. Thought once he broke out he’d get back to normal. He did play good defense.

Jalen Suggs looks rough. If they kept him in I think we win.

Forrest is kinda frustrating for me to watch. He makes those defensive plays and makes me think damn this guy is exactly what we need! Then the next few offensive possessions he dribbles the air out of the ball looking for a pass because he doesn’t want to shoot anything.

Forrest is kinda frustrating for me to watch. He makes those defensive plays and makes me think damn this guy is exactly what we need! Then the next few offensive possessions he dribbles the air out of the ball looking for a pass because he doesn’t want to shoot anything.
Someone needs to tell him this is Summer League.

Quin made his decision.
It’s the wrong decision. Butler is the higher upside play. It’s impossible to be good in one 2-4 minutes stint. Tonight the offense was completely shut down when Forrest was on the floor. It was drives to nowhere. Butler can get to his shots they just aren’t falling yet. It’s something that will come when he’s able to get like more than 30 seconds to get comfortable.

Forrest is the safe play. He won’t “lose”you the game but mostly because he won’t shoot. But when they drop under every pick and roll and then ignore the guy when he’s open as a shooter it makes it really tough for the other guys to score.

And I get that Butler has struggled making shots but he takes them and gets wherever he wants on the court. His defense has gotten better and he’s a really good passer. You have to commit if you want the end reward and the commitment was way too soft.

I would stick to Butler because he’s clearly the most talented and just needs more experience in his new role, but if you’re just playing to win games immediately I’d go back to Oni.

It’s a little different with Paschall, but it did work all of last season. Just let Ingles run the offense when Conley is sitting and stick Oni in the corner. He’ll shoot 35% from 3 and that’s more than Forrest can provide.

If you’re worried about Ingles getting too many miles running the offense, then play Butler and let him carry some of that load.

I'm surprised too. Butler looked like he was potentially a ROY candidate in the preseason.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
My friends at Best Buy tell me Oni's toast when it come time to guarantee his contract. I'm not sure what harm it could have done to play him the last two nights. Quin sure ain't gonna play Butler.

Cole Anthony, Tyler Hero, Terrance Mann… doesn’t really matter the opponent, the song remains the same. Until this team has players that can guard the perimeter they will be vulnerable any time the three stops falling, which is going to happen to a team with a bunch of old legs.

Cole Anthony, Tyler Hero, Terrance Mann… doesn’t really matter the opponent, the song remains the same. Until this team has players that can guard the perimeter they will be vulnerable any time the three stops falling, which is going to happen to a team with a bunch of old legs.
100% this.

This roster has a lot of good players, but it’s poorly balanced. Too all in on shooting, not enough perimeter defense, too many high usage players. In this regard, Gay doesn’t actually make a lot of sense either.

I don’t know that it’ll be the same, but there’s not a good reason to think this is going to be any different than last year in the playoffs.

We need an athletic, low usage 6’5 to 6’8 perimeter defender (or two) more than we need Bogey.

Not trying to be overly negative, just worried.

What a pathetic effort. 38% for the game? 15 points in two quarters? Horrible, awful, no good game.

I wonder if this is just the usual Jazz slow start that most of Snyders teams have had. We are just good enough to win a decent number of games but our shot is off and our guys look tired and slow. Snyder seems to push them pretty hard to start the season and they look like they dont have their legs under them. Shots are short a lot.

Its actually amazing we can stay in games shooting this bad, but it wont last. We are a good shooting team and wont stay in the bottom 5 for 3 points shooting % like we are now. I assume the volume will stay about the same though, we are shooting the second most in the league. Glad to see everyone overreacting like usual when we lose 2 in a row.

The most frustrating part about the Jazz is how bad they are at passing. I hate hate hate Mitchell without a strong PG next to him.