What's new

Game Thread Nov 07, 2021 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Magic

Added to Calendar: 11-07-21

Forrest is kinda frustrating for me to watch. He makes those defensive plays and makes me think damn this guy is exactly what we need! Then the next few offensive possessions he dribbles the air out of the ball looking for a pass because he doesn’t want to shoot anything.

It's where we miss Niang, Paschall has been great but when both him and Forrest are on the floor there is no spacing.

I wonder if this is just the usual Jazz slow start that most of Snyders teams have had. We are just good enough to win a decent number of games but our shot is off and our guys look tired and slow. Snyder seems to push them pretty hard to start the season and they look like they dont have their legs under them. Shots are short a lot.

Its actually amazing we can stay in games shooting this bad, but it wont last. We are a good shooting team and wont stay in the bottom 5 for 3 points shooting % like we are now. I assume the volume will stay about the same though, we are shooting the second most in the league. Glad to see everyone overreacting like usual when we lose 2 in a row.
When it comes to overreacting us fans are always in mid season form. The 3 games in four nights, travel and sleeping in a strange bed every night has no effect on us....

When it comes to overreacting us fans are always in mid season form. The 3 games in four nights, travel and sleeping in a strange bed every night has no effect on us....
It was clear from the jump the guys had no legs… it didn’t look like they wanted to play. I can’t blame them. Orlando is athletic and hungry… have some good players so if you don’t shoot well or give energy they are good enough to beat teams. I thought they played pretty smart and stuck to the game plan. I think they might have found the right coach.

I think maybe they should hire Hearsky's mom as a consultant... she sleeps in a strange new bed every night.

One thing that really bothered me is they didn't figure out Bamba is going to try and block everything... like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Using the drop off pass to the big would have neutered him a bit but we kept just going up with it. Bamba also looks so much better and think he still can be a great player in the league.

One thing that really bothered me is they didn't figure out Bamba is going to try and block everything... like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Using the drop off pass to the big would have neutered him a bit but we kept just going up with it. Bamba also looks so much better and think he still can be a great player in the league.
Well his offensive game will only get better, and he is already a solid defender, albeit with the cat chasing **** mentality, but with his physical tools and already apparent talents he could be top 5 player in the league and should already be in the discussion for top center. At least in the discussion for top 3 centers. In fact I am not sure who I would pot over him...Joker, Gobert, Embiid, Ayton maybe? KAT? Anyone else? I came away pretty impressed, and he has a ton of room to grow.

What is frustrating to me is the insistence to continue to shoot the three even when you are not making them. 19 percent is beyond horrible. You stop taking threes and shoot at the percentage of two and you win the game by 10 points.. 41 three pointers is too many 3 pts when your not making them. It was unwatchable game for me. Professional basketballs should be able to make adjustments in each game or the coach needs to start calling different plays. It looks as neither are being done.

Overreacting would be wanting to trade three or four guys. Reality is the Jazz are blowing games they should have won because they are not making their threes. All the games in 4 nights excuse is not the problem. The season just started so being tired should not be an issue. The problem is they rely too much on the 3 pt shot and when they are not making them, the team doesn't adjust its game. The shot distribution is not team oriented. Guys who are bricking shots continue to take shots because coach lets them while not moving the ball and having a more balanced shot distribution. Rudy was 6 out of 8 and JC is 2 out 12 who should be getting more shots. DM is even worse. He should get the most shots but if he isn't making them try getting the ball to guys who are making them.