What's new

Game Thread Nov 22, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-22-21

Ok can someone explain that call? I thought if it was on the rim you couldn’t touch it. “Because it wasn’t going in” doesn’t matter. It’s like you can’t touch the net either. Or am I missing something?

Man I just got to pipe in and saw that was one of the most horrific closes to a game I have ever seen. Extreme softness and selfishness from Mitchell cost them that game. If there was a single player that was a little bit tougher for one play or Mitchell didn’t want to be the center of attention so much we would have won that game.

Blaming the refs the softest most embarrassing thing ever. It’s cost this team so many games already. If you actually think refs decided the game you have the same problem as these players.

Mitchell lost the game. He was lazy all game. His turnovers were all just low iq stuff. Throwing lazy passes, ball off his own foot.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

DM 5-20 in this one. Should've let Jingles or Conley handle the ball instead when he's been that awful. Literally threw the game away in the last 3 minutes with his awful decisions.

All we needed to do was keep the ball in Mikes hand for like 1 or 2 of those possessions and the game was over… rough.

Ok can someone explain that call? I thought if it was on the rim you couldn’t touch it. “Because it wasn’t going in” doesn’t matter. It’s like you can’t touch the net either. Or am I missing something?
That was the call. But on review it wasn't inside the cylinder so it's a fair touch. They blew the whistle right away though before Morant's shot. So the only thing the refs can do is jump it. They can either confirm it's basket interference or jump it. Nothing else has under review. Rough position for the Jazz.

DM 5-20 in this one. Should've let Jingles or Conley handle the ball instead when he's been that awful. Literally singlehandedly threw the game away in the last 3 minutes.
Usually you want him with the ball, the second he got the ball we all said nooooo. Then he takes a crappy 20 foot leaning fader.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Lots of sloppy D. TOs, rebounds. DM disappeared down the stretch. Jazz are not clicking this year so far imo. This game isn't close if we truly are contenders.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’ve seen two different interpretations of the rule this year so I can’t tell you what is right.

Refs just handed Memphis the game.
On the call before the jump, the ball was on the cylinder and was touched by either a Jazz or Griz. OK either the foul shot was good if a Jazz player touched it or was basket interference is a Griz player touched it. Either way it should have been Jazz ball with a one or two point lead. Turrible job by the refs.

If DM disappeared down the stretch we would have one. We got any easy shot every time Mike had the ball. Mitchell wanted to make a play so bad he sunk the ship.

Garbage whistle aside, we didn't get a single good shot on offense the rest of the game after going up 118-112 with a little under 2 minutes left, and it was largely because we didn't even TRY to get a good look.