What's new

Game Thread Nov 22, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 11-22-21

Garbage whistle aside, we didn't get a single good shot on offense the rest of the game after going up 118-112 with a little under 2 minutes left, and it was largely because we didn't even TRY to get a good look.
Yeah, I hate when we stop pick and rolls, driving, and things that work just to go iso and throw up bad shots.

Next year I'm going to go to Vegas before the season starts and bet on the refs to win the most games in the NBA.

Easy ****ing money!

Those offensive rebounds we gave up were just poor effort. I'm starting to think we'll never understand this.

That was the call. But on review it wasn't inside the cylinder so it's a fair touch. They blew the whistle right away though before Morant's shot. So the only thing the refs can do is jump it. They can either confirm it's basket interference or jump it. Nothing else has under review. Rough position for the Jazz.
I guess they called it on Rudy. When reviewed clearly not Rudy touching the ball, they had to change.
Anyways that was poor officiating. But we lost because we were soft and had an awful shot selection and dumb turnovers to close the game. DM has to either take care of the ball or shot like an average basketball player, screwing both makes it hard to win anyways.

DM is not having a great year. His inefficiency is really bad.

62 games left this year, but at the quarter way mark, I’d grade us at a C so far this year.

DM embraced his inner Westbrick
Hopefully he will be better come playoff time. He was not good today and sure had many other bad games to start the season.
If he's playing like this in the post season we have 0% of chance on getting in the conference finals.

Best part is, if they hadn't reviewed the play and stuck Rudy with the terrible interference call the Jazz would have been up one AND had the ball. game over. LOL, brilliant officiating.

We're now 11-6. Last year we didn't lose our 6th game until the 30th game of the year, we were 24-6.

They should make it like football and let the Jazz accept/decline the penalty. When they announce they are going to review, the Jazz just say, "Nah, we good. Play on."

Hate to say it but it doesn't really feel like we've gotten any better this year, in fact if Joe and JC don't turn it around and start playing better we're going to end up being worse. Whiteside's been an upgrade over Favors and I'm still hopeful about Gay but to be honest he looks old and slow at the moment. I don't know, it just feels like we're pretenders at this point and not real contenders.

For those pining over Bane consider this. Had we drafted him and he made a couple of mistakes in his first game he's be buried in Quins dog house and never realize his potential. Going elsewhere was probably the best thing that ever happened for him.

I am not really mad about the loss, and I don’t like that I am saying this, but I am so ****ing bored of this team.

It’s like listening to a great album so much that you end up hating it. Not sure how to fix it.