What's new

Game Thread Nov 26, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 11-26-21

Sounds like that is protestable. Very rarely does the NBA make them redo from the spot but it has happened.

The foul was called on the pelicans. the only question was if it happened before the shot. it obviously came after, so the refs fixed it. not sure what you guys are talking about.

I really think we need to reassess what we’re doing offensively. Last year worked because of league rules and because we had a historic shooting year. Seems like that might’ve been an outlier. We may want to focus on getting the ball inside first because launching a million 3s with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

By focusing on quantity instead of quality, we’re shooting ourselves out of games and giving teams way too many easy looks.

Ignoring Gobert for guaranteed dunks 5+ times a game in order for Don and Jordan to force a 3 just isn’t a winning formula.

Last edited:
Donovan Mitchell is either incredibly selfish or blind.

He has an easy dump off to Gobert, but forces a tough layup that leads to a transition 3. Just an incredibly stupid player sometimes.
So then really its 3 options. Selfish, blind, or stupid

The foul was called on the pelicans. the only question was if it happened before the shot. it obviously came after, so the refs fixed it. not sure what you guys are talking about.
Yes, the review was for the timing of the Pels foul. There was no “continuation” to review on Don’s jumper

Don sucked.

But he’s not the only 1. Royce hardly scored and Jordan had double the FG attempts as Gobert and Whiteside COMBINED.

That’s not a winning formula.

I'm beginning to think Mitchell just d

They ignored Gobert easily 6 or 8 times tonight. Like most games. It's one of the biggest problems of our guard line.
Rudy works best with big guards because he's best at catching lobs. small guards are better at those bounce passes which unfortunately just isn't what Rudy's suited to do

We need a 6'6/6'7 point guard to pair with Donovan. Lonzo Ball would've been the perfect candidate. Exum would've worked too. too bad he's ded

Glad I missed this one… great news… if I don’t watch it never happened.

Sounds like a Snyder and coaching issue. There have been zero adjustments made this season.
“He’s saving it for the playoffs. He doesn’t want to tip his hand.”
“He’s saving it for later in the playoffs. He doesn’t want to tip his hand.”
“He’s saving it for later in the series. He’s gotta be tactical with it. Right now the other team is revealing everything they’ve got.”
“Now that he’s seen the problems, he’ll make the adjustments going into next season.”

Haha your takes. Never Change Nateboz. Most negative poster of all the internets.

Yes it is a slump and he knows it. But I would take it now instead of the playoffs. And Don always starts slow. Every season. So this is nothing new. If you do your research, you too will see that he start slow first part of the year and turns it up the second part.
Try again. He's playing lazy. Period.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Are there locker room issues?

Are there outside issues that are not public?

This is the team that finished first in the league last year. They don't look like that kind of team right now.

It's a long season and with the next five game winning streak (please let there be at least a five game winning streak on the horizon) most of us are going to forget a lot of the complaints.

But if the team we've seen over the last several weeks is the 2021/22 Utah Jazz... There's no point in saving energy for a playoff run. Just take the second round exit and plan a nice summer vacation.

Are there locker room issues?

Are there outside issues that are not public?

This is the team that finished first in the league last year. They don't look like that kind of team right now.

It's a long season and with the next five game winning streak (please let there be at least a five game winning streak on the horizon) most of us are going to forget a lot of the complaints.

But if the team we've seen over the last several weeks is the 2021/22 Utah Jazz... There's no point in saving energy for a playoff run. Just take the second round exit and plan a nice summer vacation.
There could be and my guess would be between Rudy and Don. Rudy is ignored on offense but is asked to defend 5 people on defense. No one ignores Rudy on offense more than Don yet no one relies on him more on defense.

However, I don’t think it’s locker room issues.

I think it’s lack of juice.

Last year we shot an insane percentage. Rules have changed, the league has adjusted to our offense, and our team has gotten a year older. With Clarkson, Don, and Jingles all in a slump/showing age, we’re just not as potent as last year. When we get into these close games, we crumble because our offense isn’t reliable enough and our defense (other than Rudy) sucks. Also, don’t we notice now how teams are looking to neutralize Rudy defensively? Teams weren’t doing that as much in previous years. Now? It’s almost a nightly thing.

Last thing, we look like a team that hasn’t gotten anything out of the draft for years. We honestly don’t look that dissimilar from contender teams like the lakers. We have our aging and less potent core, a few free agent vets trying to win the ring, and no young players from the draft with any talent. We lack juice. Sure would be nice to have Bane right now instead of Doka.

This is not acceptable. Mitchell and Clarkson have been killing us this season. If either of them play like this in the postseason we have zero chance.

wow Utah lost to the Pelicans without Zion? wtf... team is going nowhere again... Lame duck Mike Conley ruined these teams idc what yall have to say bout it either

Utah shoulda been had a PG to develop like the Pelicans do with Kira Lewis.. this win now stuff is pitiful htey lose to the worst teams while playing ot "win now"