What's new

Obama Government Shutdown?

The Senate keeps passing budgets that fund Obamacare that are DOA in the House. The House keep passing budgets that defund/delay Obamacare and they are DOA in the Senate.

So, this isn't the Republicans fault, or the Democrats fault...it's both their fault.

My point is this: Both parties are doing the exact same thing, and we get screwed.

People should quit voting down party lines and start voting for people who are willing to work with both sides to find a happy compromise and get this country back to being successful.

So, this isn't the Republicans fault, or the Democrats fault...it's both their fault.

My point is this: Both parties are doing the exact same thing, and we get screwed

People should quit voting down party lines and start voting for people who are willing to work with both sides to find a happy compromise and get this country back to being successful.

Absolutely correct.

My point is this: Both parties are doing the exact same thing, and we get screwed.

Part of the problem is you cant vote in primaries for both parties can you? You can't go vote on the Republican side as they whittle down the field, and vote on the Democrat side as they do the same? Am I missing something? If you like one person from the Dems for one spot and one Repub for something else you can't vote for both unless they both happen to make it to the final vote between repubs and dems... this sound right?

Term limits, no more life time pay or health insurance, they are subject to any law they pass, cannot vote themselves raises, removal of their 5 star catering. Make them spend that money into the local economy.

Pass those and things will start to change.

Love this!
Never happen though cause most of us are stubborn, stupid, dicks. (I'm probably one of em, though not pertaining to this idea)

Both parties are at fault?

Let me get this straight.

Obama runs for President in 2008 (in part) on Obamacare.

Obama gets elected.

Obama gets Obamacare passed and signed into law

Obamacare upheld by Supreme Court.

Obama gets re-elected.

House will not pass budget that doesn't undermine Obamacare. Instead shuts down government.

Obamacare may very well be a disaster - unlike most people I don't have a crystal ball. But at this point can't the right acknowledge the fact that the people have spoken on this issue? The answer of course is no because the house is made up of nothing but Tea Party members and chicken **** republicans who are afraid of getting "Primaried" from the right. Either way - this is their funeral.

Obama gets elected.

Obama gets re-elected.

House will not pass budget that doesn't undermine Obamacare. Instead shuts down government.

Obamacare may very well be a disaster - unlike most people I don't have a crystal ball. But at this point can't the right acknowledge the fact that the people have spoken on this issue? The answer of course is no because the house is made up of nothing but Tea Party members and chicken **** republicans who are afraid of getting "Primaried" from the right. Either way - this is their funeral.

Elections work both ways. America is divided enough that compromise is a must. Since neither side is they are both to blame. Nice attempt to paint the Presidents election as the only one that matters though. This shutdown shows that is wrong.

Just the Republican led congress playing with people's lives.

3,000 people not getting paid today at Tinker. At my base several friends are in limbo.
Have a family? Too bad. Don't come to work today.

A funny story in all this though. On the radio they were talking about the services that will be affected.
They said, "The Mess Hall will remain open, but will offer less selection". I'm thinking how is that possible.

I have to admit I enjoy the blind loyalty to the democratic party that is being shown. Always consistent.

Look the time for rationality has passed. Get with the program! If you're not part of bowing down to the Party Leaders you're the entire evil moronic problem. If only we could completely exterminate one side or the other we would all live in perfect bliss and fart rainbows and vomit unicorns all day long. Remember how great a single party system was for all those magical places like the Soviet Union and North Korea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using JazzFanz mobile app

Elections work both ways. America is divided enough that compromise is a must. Since neither side is they are both to blame. Nice attempt to paint the Presidents election as the only one that matters though. This shutdown shows that is wrong.

Let's not cloud the issue with generalities - this is about Obamacare. And as I already illustrated it has been debated, passed and signed into law. So you're saying the democrats should compromise on a fight they've already won?

Let's not cloud the issue with generalities - this is about Obamacare. And as I already illustrated it has been debated, passed and signed into law. So you're saying the democrats should compromise on a fight they've already won?

It is not a generality, it is a fact. The nation voted in a Republican house that ran on removing Obamacare.

Edit: To be clear I am not defending the republicans as I see no sign of compromise from those idiots either.

Love this!
Never happen though cause most of us are stubborn, stupid, dicks. (I'm probably one of em, though not pertaining to this idea)

Actually imo this happens because Americans are lazy. They largely refuse to truly get into the issues and understand the implications of legislation or candidate positions and vote how their friends or the media tells them to. Or vote on one or two hot button topics for them personally. "That guy needs to be voted down, he is against abortion." Or whatever.

Politicians understand this very well and turn every election and every debate on legislation into soundbites and sharp witty remarks aimed at the lowest common denominators. Get people pissed off or outraged and you get their support regardless of what is really best, or even relevant.

Romney makes a lot of money? That *******! **** him! I'd like to go golfing with Obama, he'd make a great president. He has a nice smile and sounds so smart! He's got my vote!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using JazzFanz mobile app

Obama gets elected.

Obama gets re-elected.

This is one example on the left side of things. There are plenty of examples of this on the right side of things. The right had control under Bush and they did a lot of bad deals as well.