What's new

Obama = Nero

Sorry, Millsapa. But you missed the point here. Usually folks are having to tell me "Dude, it's not about you." This time it was.

If I were you I'd keep that "genuine" quote in my scrapbook. Franklin is just wrong about me this time. I reflected on my post which he/she was responding to and decided I got too flippant at the end, and re-did it.

How can it not be about me when he names me?

True. I like to encourage good behavior rather than attack the bad, but your trolling has progressed to a point that I have no real interest in encouraging much of anything. It's too bad because you're funny as hell when you're not putting carrots on a stick.

Are you talking to me?

Last edited:
How can it not be about me when he names me?

After my post which once rather tauntingly asserted that Obama was not Nero at all, but one of "the godless Horde" sacking America. . . . by which I referred not only to Obama but also Bush with the whole stimulus giveaway/bailout robbery of the US taxpayers/future generations . . . . ., Franklin replied:
If you want to be taken serious then all you have to do is delete your Millsapa account and continue your genuine contributions.

which I took to be a complete shakedown of what he/she believed is a very aggressive troll who is staffing the two accounts "babe" and "Millsapa" at the same time, with an inference that at least sometimes the "babe" account can merit a passing serious thought, while the "Millsapa" account is just copy/paste off flatulent cartoon material.

That is my take on it, only Franklin can explain it authoritatively.

It does for the most part appear to me that even progressives and liberals in this forum are willing to discuss issues but are objecting to the provocative style. I dunno, maybe they'll stop calling you Hopper or Ain't Hopper or whatever former combatants there have been who are no more, or banned for various insults to the pleasant atmosphere of this forum. . . .

I have complained about those who just jump in with the name calling. Maybe both you and I could try to just be a little more. . . . well. . . . conforming . . . to the situation here.

I don't expect anyone to seriously change their opinion or thinking unless I can find a way to connect with them and supply some substantiative reason they could find more appealing somehow. . . . well, I don't expect to change anyone, but I intend to improve myself, and with thanks to those who can point out a thing or two to me.

I think it just goes with the territory of folks actually being real people and not just ideologues with a drum to beat.

Might be a fun new adventure going this way.

But then I'm usually up for anything fun, even a quirky Ann Coulter pundit. . . . But some of the posters in here have given me a very decent treatment and I appreciate that, and this is just my explanation. . . . while I have taken deep draughts of NPR and our mainstream media and our public schools, I have found your zingy zangy zany posts something of a relief. . . . another point of view. wow. What will humans come up with next.

maybe we do have freedom after all.

It's just that some actual respect for others is a good thing, like say some cherry flavor in the cough syrup of truth. ahem. . . . bad example. carcingogenic chemicals in all that BigPharma snake oil. . . . no, let's go with say, using a little sugar with our lemon juice, and using it sparingly and mostly in very hot weather, with a little ice.

I think people are worth the effort it takes to deal constructively. . . . whatever the problems may be. . . .

And boy is this an overdone post. . . .

After my post which once rather tauntingly asserted that Obama was not Nero at all, but one of "the godless Horde" sacking America. . . . by which I referred not only to Obama but also Bush with the whole stimulus giveaway/bailout robbery of the US taxpayers/future generations . . . . ., Franklin replied:

which I took to be a complete shakedown of what he/she believed is a very aggressive troll who is staffing the two accounts "babe" and "Millsapa" at the same time, with an inference that at least sometimes the "babe" account can merit a passing serious thought, while the "Millsapa" account is just copy/paste off flatulent cartoon material.

That is my take on it, only Franklin can explain it authoritatively.

It does for the most part appear to me that even progressives and liberals in this forum are willing to discuss issues but are objecting to the provocative style. I dunno, maybe they'll stop calling you Hopper or Ain't Hopper or whatever former combatants there have been who are no more, or banned for various insults to the pleasant atmosphere of this forum. . . .

I have complained about those who just jump in with the name calling. Maybe both you and I could try to just be a little more. . . . well. . . . conforming . . . to the situation here.

I don't expect anyone to seriously change their opinion or thinking unless I can find a way to connect with them and supply some substantiative reason they could find more appealing somehow. . . . well, I don't expect to change anyone, but I intend to improve myself, and with thanks to those who can point out a thing or two to me.

I think it just goes with the territory of folks actually being real people and not just ideologues with a drum to beat.

Might be a fun new adventure going this way.

But then I'm usually up for anything fun, even a quirky Ann Coulter pundit. . . . But some of the posters in here have given me a very decent treatment and I appreciate that, and this is just my explanation. . . . while I have taken deep draughts of NPR and our mainstream media and our public schools, I have found your zingy zangy zany posts something of a relief. . . . another point of view. wow. What will humans come up with next.

maybe we do have freedom after all.

It's just that some actual respect for others is a good thing, like say some cherry flavor in the cough syrup of truth. ahem. . . . bad example. carcingogenic chemicals in all that BigPharma snake oil. . . . no, let's go with say, using a little sugar with our lemon juice, and using it sparingly and mostly in very hot weather, with a little ice.

I think people are worth the effort it takes to deal constructively. . . . whatever the problems may be. . . .

And boy is this an overdone post. . . .

So you act like a fence sitter and bash Obama and Bush and you get pounded? Isn't that what Franklin, LG98, and Vinyl do...condemn both sides when the Democrats screw up?

They must have short memories if they think I'm simply in your face provocative. Even when I wasn't they accused me of being Hopper. Don't they realize that if you beat someone down no matter what they do they stop caring about the "keep you in line" rep system?

So, I should conform to blaming the Republicans/Tea Partiers and specifically Sarah Palin for the shooting deaths that happened in Arizona? When that happened I didn't see these "moderates" jump in and say "Democrats are vitriolic too!"...maybe I'm just sick of bending over to the double standard.

I always enjoy your posts that cover the entire issue...and beyond...in a thoughtful and thought provoking way. They'll love you like I do as long as you stay away from any criticism of "The One."

So you act like a fence sitter and bash Obama and Bush and you get pounded? Isn't that what Franklin, LG98, and Vinyl do...condemn both sides when the Democrats screw up?

They must have short memories if they think I'm simply in your face provocative. Even when I wasn't they accused me of being Hopper. Don't they realize that if you beat someone down no matter what they do they stop caring about the "keep you in line" rep system?

So, I should conform to blaming the Republicans/Tea Partiers and specifically Sarah Palin for the shooting deaths that happened in Arizona? When that happened I didn't see these "moderates" jump in and say "Democrats are vitriolic too!"...maybe I'm just sick of bending over to the double standard.

I always enjoy your posts that cover the entire issue...and beyond...in a thoughtful and thought provoking way. They'll love you like I do as long as you stay away from any criticism of "The One."

I definitely see your side as stated. One thing I can say about you is that you can and do treat me fairly even when you disagree or see things differently. That territory used to be the very definition of "liberal", a fact which in some instances sends me looking for a true label for people who fancy themselves to be "liberals" but who can't or won't walk the walk they talk.

Millsapa, let me be the first one to recommend to "cry harder." Get over yourself. You're just another stool pigeon in the world that is American politics. Keep to your pablum of gods, guns and gays...it's what you know best.

Nero was not from Kenya. Therefore, Obama =\ Nero.

Millsapa, let me be the first one to recommend to "cry harder." Get over yourself. You're just another stool pigeon in the world that is American politics. Keep to your pablum of gods, guns and gays...it's what you know best.

Millsapa=Malcolm X?

gods: The war of Armageddon has already started... God is using his many weapons. He is sending hurricanes so fast that [the blue-eyed devils] can't name them. He is drowning them in floods and causing their cars to crash and their airplanes cannot stay up in the sky. Their boats are sinking because Allah controls all things and he is using all methods to begin to wipe the devils off the planet, [and] the enemy is dying of diseases that have never been so deadly. ~ Malcolm X

guns: "Sometimes you have to pick the Gun up to put the Gun down" ~ Malcolm X

gays: Malcolm X - gay black hero? https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/may/19/gayrights.usa

Are you a birther?

I'm just a voting, working-class American who wants, um, I don't know, PROOF of something so simple as a birth certificate before calling someone "president"

I'm just a voting, working-class American who wants, um, I don't know, PROOF of something so simple as a birth certificate before calling someone "president"

I just don't understand you crazy birthers. Can't you just take the guy at his word. All it took for me to know he was the best thing to happen to this planet was the tingles up my legs every time he opened his beautiful mouth. I mean you don't get a peace prize for nothing.

I just don't understand you crazy birthers. Can't you just take the guy at his word. All it took for me to know he was the best thing to happen to this planet was the tingles up my legs every time he opened his beautiful mouth. I mean you don't get a peace prize for nothing.

Im with UB. it has yet to be proven that Ohitler was born in this country. The truth will come out though.

Im with UB. it has yet to be proven that Ohitler was born in this country. The truth will come out though.

Wouldn't this sort of thing be the due diligence necessary to establish that one is eligible to even run for the office of president? Not being a troll, just curious if anyone knows if they go through some kind of validation process for presidential candidates.

Wouldn't this sort of thing be the due diligence necessary to establish that one is eligible to even run for the office of president? Not being a troll, just curious if anyone knows if they go through some kind of validation process for presidential candidates.

Even if there is one, there is a very good chance that the conspiracy found a way to bypass it.

I just found out I was mistaken here. I thought I was the guilty party Millsapa was calling out for "fence sitter" behavior. While I usually try to get both sides out on an essay-type comment, this whole one-line zinger posting thing just doesn't allow room for both sides, or all sides. I've been called out by Millsapa with the time-honored "It's not about you, babe".

Even if there is one, there is a very good chance that the conspiracy found a way to bypass it.

Don't you know, VO, that the language has changed? We don't use the term "communist" anymore, or "conspiracy". Those are hate speak. The new feel-good terms are "progressive" and "globalist agenda". They never were really "communist", they were just the puppets on the left hand who were pretending to be for the people. "Globalist Agenda" is the new and improved Imperialism, too. See how much better you feel when you use the right terminology?

Don't you know, VO, that the language has changed? We don't use the term "communist" anymore, or "conspiracy". Those are hate speak. The new feel-good terms are "progressive" and "globalist agenda". They never were really "communist", they were just the puppets on the left hand who were pretending to be for the people. "Globalist Agenda" is the new and improved Imperialism, too. See how much better you feel when you use the right terminology?

Thank you for embiggening my vocabulary with your cromulent explanations.