What's new

Ochai Agbaji, Can Someone Shed Some Light?

One of our top priorities this season should be the development of Agbaja. He should be in the rotation and getting 20 plus minutes every single game.

One of our top priorities this season should be the development of Agbaja. He should be in the rotation and getting 20 plus minutes every single game.
I noticed tonight in the Bucks game that Marjohn Beauchamp got a DNP and he was a first round pick around Kessler and was highly thought of on this board. The Nuggs had a college teammate of Ochai and a first round pick and he didn't do much last night.

I would think he can get minutes any time Conley sits. Also I don’t see why we would need or want to play Rudy every night. If he can show up and play like he is, why not sit him now and then and make sure he’s healthy and feeling good for the trade deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed tonight in the Bucks game that Marjohn Beauchamp got a DNP and he was a first round pick around Kessler and was highly thought of on this board. The Nuggs had a college teammate of Ochai and a first round pick and he didn't do much last night.

That's not really a great comparison because the Bucks and Nuggets are both playoff teams and the Jazz are a rebuilding team...it's always much more difficult for rookies to get minutes on a good team that's fighting for playoff positioning. Also, Agbaji was a lottery pick and Beauchamp and Braun were picked in the 20's.

hardy doesn't have the balls (and respect) necessary to bench veterans. rookies will just sit there and shut up - thankful they are in the league. veterans will be pissed and hardy doesn't want that smoke at this point in his coaching career. once he grows a pair and gains some respect - if he ever does, guys like Ochai and Bolmaro will get some time.

Kessler plays because there isn't anybody else. as long as hardy has veteran options at the same positions as ochai, he'll be on the bench. it sucks, but it's reality. Pop can start and play a guy like Sochan who isn't even close to ready 27 minutes because he's willing to tell the vets to gfy. that's how you properly tank. you play dudes who aren't otherwise ready because winning now isn't the ultimate goal and it speeds up their development.
pretty much agree that he won't bench decent vets in the name of tanking or rookie development while the idea is to see what they have and what they can tweak to allow for a underdog season that shuts up the haters and builds character. I hate orgs that just put trash line ups on the court, in the name of lottery balls, as if suddenly those same players will have developed anything but bad habits in those settings, just like they do when teams have no vets and just continue to add young lottery picks that still cannot win for years without adding vets smh

pretty much agree that he won't bench decent vets in the name of tanking or rookie development while the idea is to see what they have and what they can tweak to allow for a underdog season that shuts up the haters and builds character. I hate orgs that just put trash line ups on the court, in the name of lottery balls, as if suddenly those same players will have developed anything but bad habits in those settings, just like they do when teams have no vets and just continue to add young lottery picks that still cannot win for years without adding vets smh
playing vets and playing rookies isn't mutually exclusive. you can do both. you can sprinkle in meaningful and significant minutes for young players while still giving veterans big minutes.

With the B2B coming up I’m assuming Conley will rest one and we’ll see where NAW/Ochai stand. Wonder if it will be a combo of the two or if it will just be one with Sexton/Beasley getting more minutes. It’s kinda odd that Conley is the only pure lead ball handler on this roster.

I’ve been kinda ******** on THT, but his energy has been good. He kind of vomits out a bunch of bad, but also some good. I think he’s holding firm. If his contract situation was different I’d say he’s probably the one I’d invest the most PT in.

GLeague starts soon, so I assume some of these guys will suit up for the Stars if the current distribution of minutes continues.

GLeague starts soon, so I assume some of these guys will suit up for the Stars if the current distribution of minutes continues.
Agbaji, Bolmaro and the two-way guys will all probably see some SLC Stars minutes (I’d assume).

Barring some sort of major trade, I think the guys playing minutes now is likely what the rotation will look like for the near future.

Agbaji, Bolmaro and the two-way guys will all probably see some SLC Stars minutes (I’d assume).

Barring some sort of major trade, I think the guys playing minutes now is likely what the rotation will look like for the near future.
I think the GLeague rules allow up to three guys on rookie contracts to suit up each game along with the two way players.

I think Ochai will get some of Gays minutes pretty soon, unless they feel they need more size at the 3 and cannot find it rotating others around.
Also think once Sexton the Bull gets back to game shape he is going to eat into Mike and JC usage in the next few weeks.

nobody's talked much about how good he is or isn't. i listen, i don't watch, is he good at all? he may be a rookie, but he's 22, so he wasn't exactly a phenom. he isn't that young either. mid first round picks often become rotation players after a bit and it's considered a win.