What's new

Game Thread Oct 11, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-11-21

Excited to see the full go preseason game. Last year Quin played the normal rotation for three full quarters in the second to last preseason game. We should get an idea of what the rotation is opening night. Most interested in seeing who will fill Niang's rotation.

Paschall? Butler? Hughes? Oni?

I'm at the edge of my seat.

Eh, I don't care at all about seeing our rotation players from last year in the preseason. I would have liked to see how Gay fit in, but since that isn't happening I'm much more interested in watching the end of bench guys.

Excited to see the full go preseason game. Last year Quin played the normal rotation for three full quarters in the second to last preseason game. We should get an idea of what the rotation is opening night. Most interested in seeing who will fill Niang's rotation.

Paschall? Butler? Hughes? Oni?

I'm at the edge of my seat.
Fitts.

Honestly I'd be fine with resting Rudy and Joe the whole pre-season. Both guys played a ton of minutes in the olympics and they've both been here forever and know the system like the back of their hand. They don't need to play a single pre-season minute.

The only thing I'm really interested in seeing tonight is who takes Gay's minutes in the rotation. Do we just go with Paschall or do we go with a smaller lineup with Joe at the 4 and give the extra minutes to Butler? Whatever Quin does tonight is probably what he'll do to start the season.

The only thing I'm really interested in seeing tonight is who takes Gay's minutes in the rotation. Do we just go with Paschall or do we go with a smaller lineup with Joe at the 4 and give the extra minutes to Butler? Whatever Quin does tonight is probably what he'll do to start the season.

That's what I'm interested in seeing. It could go a bunch of different ways and I'm honestly not sure of what the best or most likely decision is. When the news came out about Gay I think everyone's first instinct was Paschall, but he might actually be the worst pick because he's the worst shooter out of Butler, Oni, and Hughes who would be the other options.

That's what I'm interested in seeing. It could go a bunch of different ways and I'm honestly not sure of what the best or most likely decision is. When the news came out about Gay I think everyone's first instinct was Paschall, but he might actually be the worst pick because he's the worst shooter out of Butler, Oni, and Hughes who would be the other options.

I didn't even think about Hughes, he could be an interesting choice as well. I'm hoping it won't be Oni.

I didn't even think about Hughes, he could be an interesting choice as well. I'm hoping it won't be Oni.

I wouldn't mind Oni. Out of all these players, he blends in the easiest because he's the best defender (even if not as good as advertised) and is low usage on offense. He played rotation minutes last year and they were a success because he doesn't get in the way.

Hughes is probably the most like Niang, who complimented the bench lineup perfectly, but he's still not proven as a shooter.

This is why it needs to be Paschall. Give him some confidence, I think he can be a drive and kick guy, and think he can at least be as hot and cold as Crowder, he may not be a good shooter now but he brings another element to the offense, and quite frankly I’m not sure those others you mentioned can be as effective in that specific role, as a small ball 4 or 5.