What's new

Game Thread Oct 21, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Timberwolves

Added to Calendar: 10-21-22

I was looking forward to a season where I could watch a couple games, catch the highlights and not spend hours every other night over a game.

iu
Yep me too. Im just as invested as always now. sigh

Beasley wasn’t having any of the tanking talk during the off-season. I bet a bunch of the guys are rallying around that. They aren’t trying to lose.
And they shouldn’t. It’s coaches and players jobs to win. They should do whatever it takes. Their jobs are on the line otherwise.

It’s a GM’s job to tank. Especially when he has a willing owner and a mandate. At this rate, the Jazz are going to get both Lakers picks for Conley, Clarkson and Beasley.

And then Sexton, THT, Markkanen, Vando and Kessler are going to get handed the reins.

Yeah, big spender right!
Truth is I gotta buy a ticket if I care to enjoy a free drink. They make a great Bloody Mary and charge about $8 otherwise and I usually have a couple. Makes for a fun night!
Sports are always more fun to watch with a little money riding on it anyway. I would have done the exact same thing you did.

Sports are always more fun to watch with a little money riding on it anyway. I would have done the exact same thing you did.
Man I totally disagree. I have never bet a single penny on basketball. I'm too much of a Jazz homer and betting on the team would have either consumed me and ruined my life, resulting in me not being a fan anymore or I would have become so bitter with losses that I walked away in time and stopped being a fan at all.

I have absolutely avoided sports betting, in particular on basketball, like a plague.

I can't say I've never bet on sports because I have bet on horse racing. When I livid in San Diego I'd go to Del Mar on occasion and bet on horses based on their names mostly but also, I can't remember the name of the jockey, but he was like a tie breaker on who I'd bet on other than Bob Baffert owning the horse or not. Won money on a horse named Futuristic, Jalapeno and a few others that I bet on simply because of their name.