What's new

Game Thread Oct 22, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-22-21

It was his agent that said it not me. I don’t really have an option if she should be playing over Tristan Thompson or not, they both suck and that’s about as far as my opinion goes. Obviously an agent is going to take his clients side.

His agent basically said that they both turned downs trades for him but also have no interest in playing him. To that end I think the agent has a point. If you think a player is trash that’s fine, you don’t have to play him. It helps no one to keep a player you have no plans for.
This forum would be united.. armed with pitchforks... similar to the scene in disney's beauty and the beast.. if a players camp tried to strong arm the jazz half as hard as the way bagleys camp has gone at the kings..

The Kings turned down trades from EVERYONE all summer long... .They like their team... Marvin Bagley is an afterthought...

What makes you think Marvin will go out there n even try and perform? He'll almost certainly just chuck shots, hes not a good 3pt shooter, n get dunked on, n do it with a carefree attitude like "the kings havent put me in a position to win"

Mo Harkless has a sore hip from a fall vs the blazers... he's listed as questionable... If he's out n bagley dnp's ima laugh so hard...

Bagley's job got taken by Richaun Holmes... last season, n for good reason, talkin bout him vs Tristan Thompson this season --- ur late... This is old news.. Holmes a way more efficient NBA player... Bagley isnt ever gonna be as good in the NBA as his college teammate Wendell Carter Jr who signed a value 4year 50Mil extension with Orlando,(I have long suspected Carter, who didnt like playing with Bagley at Duke(they recruited Carter as the star n then recruited Bagley to step on his toes n steal the spotlight), was gonna be the far safer bet)..

Marvin was likely a THROW IN peice in the rip off trades his agent is referencing...U realize that? Like Philly asking for their starting lineup and Marvin plus a handful of picks for Ben Simmons..

Last edited:
This forum would be united.. armed with pitchforks... similar to the scene in disney's beauty and the beast.. if a players camp tried to strong arm the jazz half as hard as the way bagleys camp has gone at the kings..

The Kings turned down trades from EVERYONE all summer long... .They like their team... Marvin Bagley is an afterthought...

What makes you think Marvin will go out there n even try and perform? He'll almost certainly just chuck shots, hes not a good 3pt shooter, n get dunked on, n do it with a carefree attitude like "the kings havent put me in a position to win"

They would probably be saying to trade him, which is exactly what is best for everyone. If you think he is the worst basketball player on the planet, that only strengthens the agents point. You should not turn down trades for him if you think he sucks.

They would probably be saying to trade him, which is exactly what is best for everyone. If you think he is the worst basketball player on the planet, that only strengthens the agents point. You should not turn down trades for him if you think he sucks.
Well your missing the essential point... Im sure he thinks he deserves the max extension... n if he doesnt get it he'll probably drop some hot rap diss tracks about it.. The Kings have appraised him differently he serves more of a 3rd stringer form of insurance, and in that role he's extremely low risk..

now of course hes malcontent n doesnt want that role

cuz there's actually direct competition for him at that 3rd string role in the form of Chimezie Metu, n it appears Metu's won the spot, which has been the case since last szn....

but really thats the situation... their camp has tried their hardest to be the squeaky wheel but increasingly no one cares...

What do you actually think his value is on the open market? humor me..

Harrison Barnes is 10x the NBA player Marvin is/will ever be... Marvin is next in line of bigs from Duke that were way overdrafted... and it sure is a long line..

I truly believe the next few bigs we see in the jon scheyer duke years, especially derek lively ii, (and to a lesser degree mark williams there now and 5star kyle filipkowski on the way) all have a good chance at thoroughly outperforming Marvin in the league..

If Marvin fixes his 3pt shot ill eat crow but that isnt his game man.. Mo Bamba is WAY better 3pt shooter, Jaren Jackson WAY better 3pt shooter... I caught wind of this situation early.. When players r 6'9 n fronting like their 6'11, n dont have long arms, that is a bit of a perfect storm situation for draft bust if they dont shoot it well, i refuse to believe otherwise, marvin fits a typical early bloomer underperforming profile similar to Thomas Robinson...

Darius Bazely on OKC is way better than Marvin IMO, just on the basic eye test alone I like his chances so much more to improve his 3pt shot at this level of ball..

Marvin is a bad kind of tweener, in a league chock full of good kind of tweeners, where his best advantages come at the detriment of conceeding a whole lot on defense, his style is essentially that of a cherry picker... Player like that would be the Kings deathknell to invest big in...

IF u really think about it his chances are diminishing by the day to even reach the heights Jason Thompson did in a Kings uniform. Thats how bad Marvins been, he;s making Jason Thompson look good.

Last edited:
Well your missing the essential point... Im sure he thinks he deserves the max extension... n if he doesnt get it he'll probably drop some hot rap diss tracks about it.. The Kings have appraised him differently he serves more of a 3rd stringer form of insurance, and in that role he's extremely low risk..

now of course hes malcontent n doesnt want that role

cuz there's actually direct competition for him at that 3rd string role in the form of Chimezie Metu, n it appears Metu's won the spot, which has been the case since last szn....

but really thats the situation... their camp has tried their hardest to be the squeaky wheel but increasingly no one cares...

What do you actually think his value is on the open market? humor me..

Harrison Barnes is 10x the NBA player Marvin is/will ever be... Marvin is next in line of bigs from Duke that were way overdrafted...

I truly believe the next few bigs we see in the jon scheyer duke years, especially derek lively ii, (and to a lesser degree mark williams there now and 5star kyle filipkowski on the way) all have a good chance at thoroughly outperforming Marvin in the league..

If Marvin fixes his 3pt shot ill eat crow but that isnt his game man.. Mo Bamba is WAY better 3pt shooter, Jaren Jackson WAY better 3pt shooter... I caught wind of this situation early.. When players r 6'9 n fronting like their 6'11, n dont have long arms, that is a bit of a perfect storm situation for draft bust if they dont shoot it well, i refuse to believe otherwise, marvin fits a typical underperforming profile..

Darius Bazely on OKC is way better than Marvin IMO.

He wants a trade, not a max, and the more you keep talking about how bad he is (which no one is disagreeing with) the more you are proving his agents point. It only becomes more valid the worse you think he is. If he's not good enough for your team, than you should have trade him. It is not equivalent to the Ben Simmons situation at all where the reason why he isn't traded is because the Sixers do value him and want him playing. If you're going to keep advocating on behalf of the agent's point by saying how bad he is I don't see the point of this discussion.

If this is true, wow that’s one broken org.

An agent will always put his player in the best light, but he has a point. If he's not in your plans, trade him. I don't think Bagley is good, but I didn't think Trey Burke was good either and it was the right move for all parties involved to trade Burke even though the Jazz got nothing. It is in no one's interest to keep a player that you don't have interest in playing.

Watching the Kings feed. It feels like they let some third graders put their pre-game show/player introductions together. How is this an NBA franchise?

Donovan's really forcing things so far...needs to just let the game come to him.

2nd game of the year and I’m already struggling to get NBA LP to work. I can’t believe I’m paying for this product again. Such pure filthy trash.

2nd game of the year and I’m already struggling to get NBA LP to work. I can’t believe I’m paying for this product again. Such pure filthy trash.
Yep. LP totally not working. How is this remotely possible? This game isn’t pummeled by nationwide traffic on their site. Just ****ing piss poor product if there ever was one.

Enjoy the game, braughs.