What's new

Game Thread Oct 22, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-22-21

I'm just now watching the game with commentary for the first time. Does anyone know if Holly is actually sitting next to Boler? It's a weird dynamic they've got going on. It sounds like they're cutting to Holly with a sideline report between every possession instead of two people having an actual conversation.

I'm just now watching the game with commentary for the first time. Does anyone know if Holly is actually sitting next to Boler? It's a weird dynamic they've got going on. It sounds like they're cutting to Holly with a sideline report between every possession instead of two people having an actual conversation.
They’re next to each other.

Seriously!! What game did you watch. They will not come close to the playoffs or a winning record. Might I remind you just how bad the jazz played and still won, even through out the game when we were losing and not being able to do anything but shoot threes, the game was always in reach because the kings while they looked good at times would mess up to allow us to keep it close. This jazz team played bad enough to lose by double digits. If the jazz had been even slightly decent we win by 20+ easy. The kings are still the kings.
You seem pretty passionate about this. I just made the observation that the Kings look to be improved. I’m not claiming they’re the next great thing or even a remote threat in the West. Last year, they were pretty bad and ended up 2 games behind the Spurs for a spot in the play-in. I could see them on the fringes of the 8-10 range by the end of this season and in the hunt for the play-in.

It doesn’t seem like a hot take, and I don’t have much fire in my belly to keep talking about the Kings so that’s pretty much all the argument you’ll get from me.

People complained Whiteside’s screens are soft, but he levelled Davion Mitchell into the shadow realm in the 2nd quarter. Perhaps Rudy’s teaching him.
That was brutal. I'm shocked that there was no whistle

I’d have to look at it again but I don’t think it was a foul. Mitchell hit a hard screen and fell over.
But they typically do call those fouls based on people falling over (independent of whether or not it was a foul).

That was brutal. I'm shocked that there was no whistle
The new NBA, where they made the rules confusing enough that officiating is basically random. Easier to hide the fixes that way.