What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

Think Shannon and Carter are really moving up for. Might have them equal or higher than the younger guys.

Shannon is like 5 years older than Holland though….

I’ll tell you what *I* know: I sure as **** would rather be overpaying OG Anunoby than paying John Collins (who I’m guessing would be the obvious salary that prevents the Jazz from the Lauri raise and having max cap space).
It seems like you stopped posting after the Collins trade, I always figured it pushed you over the edge, but maybe it was just life. I'm glad you are back posting.

We would have 38M of functional cap space if we didn’t move anyone or R&E Lauri. Enough for a max contract but would have to move someone like Clarkson for little to nos salary to have max cap space and R&E Lauri.

I’ll tell you what *I* know: I sure as **** would rather be overpaying OG Anunoby than paying John Collins (who I’m guessing would be the obvious salary that prevents the Jazz from the Lauri raise and having max cap space).
Use your mulligans on things that are actually mulliganable (mulliganability?). Just think if we used our “paid-too-much” on an Anunoby contract rather than a Collins contract. Now we’re in a position where many would say we can’t overpay for an OG because we already splurged on a JC.

One of those guys adds value. The other is John Collins.

Use your mulligans on things that are actually mulliganable (mulliganability?). Just think if we used our “paid-too-much” on an Anunoby contract rather than a Collins contract. Now we’re in a position where many would say we can’t overpay for an OG because we already splurged on a JC.

One of those guys adds value. The other is John Collins.
But but I thought Collins was free. I feel so duped.

Alright, so if the Jazz tank, great. Honestly, it's probably the move.

BUT if they don’t. Here is how I make them a contender this year.
Re-Sign Lauri to a 4 year $195m deal.
Trade John Collins to Memphis with the #29 pick for Marcus Smart.
Trade Collin Sexton and Jordan Clarkson and 3 frp to ATL for Trae Young.
Sign OG Anunoby to a 4 yr 135 mil deal. (gotta overpay)

Start:
Trae, Smart, OG, Lauri and Kessler

Bench:
Keyonte, Dunn, Sensabaugh, Hendricks and Yurtseven

Marcus is Danny's guy and a win now stop gap. Trae and Marcus teach Key the ropes and eventually Trae and Key play together in the backcourt in 2 years. You basically open two separate windows...one with this team and then one with Key, Taylor, and the 12 other FRP over the next 6 years.

This probably has some issues financially but it works on Fanspo, so ...

Give me your thoughts!

Attachments

• fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-18-2024_9-45-45PM.png
    fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-18-2024_9-45-45PM.png
    655.9 KB · Views: 11
That would probably be the nail in the coffin for me. I watched one game last year and have no idea what they’re doing right now.
I said this almost verbatim to a friend the other day.

I’ve been a fan for like 35 years but I never watched less games than last year. I have no ****ing clue what they are doing.

If it’s tanking, they are atrocious at it. Completely half stepping either way.

BTW, I've believe we can officially renegotiate and extend Lauri now. I'm guessing it doesn't happen, but would love for that chip to fall before the draft.

I’ve been a fan for like 35 years but I never watched less games than last year. I have no ****ing clue what they are doing.

This. If you tank then you just do it.

For me it's less about riding the fence and more about redundant players and not seeming to build a team that has any chance of being a good defense.

I’ve been heavily invested in online Jazz discussion since 2001, spending way too much time looking at all the ins and outs of what we can do to hopefully get back to the way I felt when we were in the finals (like we may actually win), and the difference between all that and my passion under the Smith/Ainge era has really sucked all the oxygen out of the air.

Basketball wise it makes perfect sense
1. I don’t care
2. If they’re making win-now moves, they have to do a lot better than overpaying for one of the most egregious scum **** pieces of dog **** I know of in league history. I understand the idea that all Ainge does is make value moves or whatever, but that mentioned deal isn’t a value move. I hated the John Collins move, and this is way, way worse than that.
3. I’m team tank if they can’t pull off good win now moves.

It seems like you stopped posting after the Collins trade, I always figured it pushed you over the edge, but maybe it was just life. I'm glad you are back posting.
It was mostly me trying to get my **** together (school), but yeah, that trade significantly damaged my faith in what the Jazz are trying to do (but not as much as Ainge refusing to “take less” to do a proper tank job, and in the process send the piece that saved the Timberwolves [although that trade in a vacuum made sense]).

In any case, thanks for the sentiment.

Back