What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

If WK isn't a fit in Hardy's system I imagine a swap with Memphis for the #9 pick could potentially work for both teams.

There is enough smoke out there (some of it not credible) that is pointing towards us going after Edey at 10. I'm not sure I love it, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

Ton of nuggets in Jake Fischer's article beyond the Kessler rumor:

- Hartenstein likely back to NYK
- OKC likely to pursue situational, backup C option
- Kings likely to still pursue Lavine
- Jazz not mentioned as a suitor for Lavine
- CHO seen as only team who could move up in the draft
- Rockets want future draft capital, not players
- Sarr is going #2

There is enough smoke out there (some of it not credible) that is pointing towards us going after Edey at 10. I'm not sure I love it, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me.
Not my first choice but I'd get it. I think it would at least be fun. There are like 3-6 guys I think we could look back and its obvious they were awesome and for some reason they were drafted lower than they should. Edey is in that group. Carter, Holland, Dilly are some of the others I think.

Is there smoke of Edey at 10 to the Jazz? I know he came in for a workout, but that is the extent of what I know.
DA mentioned him in the presser but I think it was prompted and said he is "divisive". So based on the big game hunting misconstrued quote I think its safe to assume Edey to 10 is a lock.

DA mentioned him in the presser but I think it was prompted and said he is "divisive". So based on the big game hunting misconstrued quote I think its safe to assume Edey to 10 is a lock.

Oh yeah, he was asked directly about Edey. I didn't really take that as an endorsement tbh.

I also forgot about 200 follower guy from Perth, he said Edey is a lock at #10....so that's defintely going to happen.

You don’t see how someone that many were saying was better than Gobert in his rookie year but got doghoused could have good value for a pick in a ****** draft?
I never saw him like that. He got doghoused because he refused to learn the basics of where his bread and butter are for a skill he doesn’t possess he is soft as hell

Also Walker has enough plausible deniability for his bad year to blame on Collins/Hardy.

To be clear I don't think that's valid, but if you are inclined to believe in WK you will believe it

Also Walker has enough plausible deniability for his bad year to blame on Collins/Hardy.

To be clear I don't think that's valid, but if you are inclined to believe in WK you will believe it
I mean, I’m still 60% a believer, but if the org isn’t then they have to maximize the asset.

It's just like trading Lyles after Year 2 when he disappointed. If you like what WK did his rookie year you probably still believe.
Its not even that bad as Lyles was a disappointment both years imo. The thing with WK is we would be selling him at a lower value than a year ago... that is okay... it might be his highest value. If he has another mid year his value plummets. So the idea that we are selling low is not quite true just yet.

If we didn't get late lotto pick value I think I'd just roll forward with WK as I think he could push his value higher.

Trading Walker for a pick is also a fantastic tank move. You can also roll with Collins so you may have the chance to get something there more than you could now. The offensive numbers would be good and the losses would pile in. If they did take Edey i think you can bring him off the bench for now and if he is a stud that impacts the game and screws up the tank... well then you are really on to something.

Clarkson/Kessler 29/32 for Kennard/Zhaire 9. Drops them under the tax without losing Kennard for nothing. They could also move him separately and do away with the JC portion... not a deal killer for either. They are right at the tax and this would address center while dropping them enough to make salary make sense. Could also straight waive Kennard.

Back