What's new

OFFICIAL Big Enes Injury Update/Watch Thread

Not sure if you guys saw these.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 59m
Lindsey described Enes Kanter's surgery as "simple" and "outpatient."

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 1h
Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey says that with surgery for Enes Kanter means the chances that "something would happen to the shoulder..." (1/2)
Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 1h
Lindsey (cont.) "...is no greater than a shoulder that’s never been injured before." (2/2)

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 53m
Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey: "We fully expect that Enes will be back 100 percent, so our plans are to have a very talented, 6-11..." (1/2)
Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 52m
Lindsey (cont.): "...power forward-slash-center in the Jazz uniform for a long-time coming." (2/2)

I wish they would just come out and say what the exact damage is that is getting fixed. It would help a lot if we could understand the full extent of the injury

Sounds from the reports that the surgery is the conservative approach which makes sense and that it is not as serious as people here are speculating

Sounds from the reports that the surgery is the conservative approach which makes sense and that it is not as serious as people here are speculating

Well they aren't just going to to clean his teeth. There is some obvious damage and from the "rehab protocol" it sounds like the rehab willl take awhile.

Pretty sure by end of year they mean season. I remember seeing a Lindsey quote talking about him being back for next season 100%.

Well they aren't just going to to clean his teeth. There is some obvious damage and from the "rehab protocol" it sounds like the rehab willl take awhile.

It sure would be nice if he could get a teeth cleaning at the same time though.

rehab should take some months at least. Probably will miss the preseason.

Like I said in an earlier post, this surgery is very simple. He will be in a sling for about 6 weeks, then he can rehab it. He will start rehabbing it in June and be 100% well BEFORE training camp starts.

Surgery was the best way to go.

Pretty sure by end of year they mean season. I remember seeing a Lindsey quote talking about him being back for next season 100%.

Yep. That's just saying that he'll stay in Chicago while he rehabs. I'm sure he'll be in SLC or possibly Santa Barbara again at some point this summer.

Yep. That's just saying that he'll stay in Chicago while he rehabs. I'm sure he'll be in SLC or possibly Santa Barbara again at some point this summer.

Mickey-Goldmill.jpg

Santa Barbara weakens legs

Wonder if Enes will be ok to play in the summer league? It won't hurt my feelings if he doesn't play, I'd rather he be all healed up for the next season.

Wonder if Enes will be ok to play in the summer league? It won't hurt my feelings if he doesn't play, I'd rather he be all healed up for the next season.

Doesn't look like it according to:

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/56350210-62/kanter-jazz-ergul-agent.html.csp

Enes Kanter's recovery from April shoulder surgery is ahead of schedule, his agent said Wednesday

Kanter will not participate in the Orlando Summer League July 7 through 12, although Kanter's agent, Max Ergul, said it was unlikely the Turkish big man would have played that week even if healthy.

head trainer Gary Briggs has made three trips to Chicago, and that Kanter met with team doctors and GM Dennis Lindsey last week when the contingent was in the Windy City for the NBA's predraft combine

Ergul (Kanter's Agent) described the Jazz as "very happy and very satisfied with the medical staff."

That is different than the report the people on 1280 were saying. They were saying he would be healthy and participating in summer league.

I hate agents.

Also heard that Kanter had quite the party last week to celebrate his 21st birthday.

That is different than the report the people on 1280 were saying. They were saying he would be healthy and participating in summer league.

I hate agents.

Also heard that Kanter had quite the party last week to celebrate his 21st birthday.

I fail to see why Kanter playing in the Summer League is a good idea. If he was completely healthy maybe doing the training camp part of it. But Kanter doesn't need the summer league badly enough to risk his shouldler before he is completely recovered.

I hate agents.

Also heard that Kanter had quite the party last week to celebrate his 21st birthday

I hope so. The dude has worked hard and deserves to take a day off and let loose. Good for him.

did anyone else hear Bill Oram on 1280 the other day say that Favors will be playing in summer league???

He needs it. Favors has all the potential in the world, but hasn't improved much, especially offensively in the last couple of years. The Jazz are just about to throw a lot money at him and probably want to see him as much as possible.