What's new

OFFICIAL Big Enes Injury Update/Watch Thread

This is my contribution to this thread:

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 2m
Enes Kanter just breezed through Jazz practice. Notable why? No sling on left arm.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 6m
Kanter now wearing sling on stationary bike. "He's supposed to have it on," Corbin said.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 6m
Kanter now wearing sling on stationary bike. "He's supposed to have it on," Corbin said.

corbin knows nothing about basketball obviously.
so why should i trust corbin judgment on the sling stuff.

so i suppose kanter does not need the lsing.

KANTER IS FINE
WHOOOHOOOOOO

read that kanter was wlaking around with out his sling this morning. when he was running on the tredmill he put it back on.

read that kanter was wlaking around with out his sling this morning. when he was running on the tredmill he put it back on.

He ran on the tredmill, with a sling, despite his injured shoulder? He might be better than I thought he'd be or maybe the sling works better. Running causes a lot of shoulder motion, I'm really surprised he can run.

thats good news! .. they did say there was no detected damage done to his tendons or ligaments .. so I presume as of now either soreness is gone and / or he has been given great pain meds lol ... all that should be left is precaution to make sure everything is tightend up and it wont just pop back out again ... worst case is he dislocates it again and requires ofseason othroscopic surgery to solidify it again ... truth of the mater though if you look at how it happened he slammed it into the floor at an awkward angle it’s more of a freak accident then a common occurrence

I'm very skeptical everything is as fine as being advertised. Everyone deserves to be livid if his shoulder subluxes down the road. But, I hope my skepticism is only that.

Steve Luhm ‏@sluhm 25m
Alec Burks (ankle) and Enes Kanter (shoulder) not at shoot-around. Kanter is in New York meeting with doctors about dislocated shoulder.

I'm assuming this means we'll get new info on Kanter soon.

Steve Luhm ‏@sluhm 25m
Alec Burks (ankle) and Enes Kanter (shoulder) not at shoot-around. Kanter is in New York meeting with doctors about dislocated shoulder.

I'm assuming this means we'll get new info on Kanter soon.

I know a good orthopedist in Ontario, Oregon that was worked on both Tim Duncan and CP3. It's a cheaper plane ride than NYC.

He should have come out here to Los Angeles. Kerlan-Jobe Center is one of the best. Then again, maybe they feared the advice they'd receive from doctors who not only deal with celebrities, but also have close ties to the LA sports teams.

My wife used to work there. She couldn't discuss specific patients, but I was usually able to figure it out from her general terms. For example, one time she came home and told me she felt bad for a pitcher who was in that day for surgery, with the doctors telling him it was likely a career-ending injury. And based on who had been hurt in the past several days, I pretty much knew who it was.

It sounds like Kanter is done for the season, regardless of whether the Jazz get in the playoffs.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 5m
Multiple sources tell @sltrib that C Enes Kanter (dislocated shoulder) out for the year, regardless of postseason https://bit.ly/ZB8FvZ

It sounds like Kanter is done for the season, regardless of whether the Jazz get in the playoffs.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 5m
Multiple sources tell @sltrib that C Enes Kanter (dislocated shoulder) out for the year, regardless of postseason https://bit.ly/ZB8FvZ

Thanks for the update.

As much as I'd have liked to have seen Enes back for the playoffs, I'd rather he be all healed up and good to go next season (hopefully for an increase in minutes).

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz 5m

Not surprising news and it's not big miss for the team and for him to play 4 more games in the playoffs

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 5m
Jazz C Enes Kanter will undergo minor surgery to repair damage in his left shoulder, per a source. He's expected to be back in month or so.