What's new

OFFICIAL Big Enes Injury Update/Watch Thread

Alright! Go Kanter! I expect the biggest leap forward from him. Moderate ones from Hayward, Burks and Favors. Burke is a wild card.

GO JAZZ!!!

Agreed. There was a lack of info about the injury. Thanks to the posters who tried to calm us saying this injury wasn't a big deal.
Looks like they were right.

Well considering that we haven't seen anything, it doesn't look like too much but that news sure sounds good.

I have very high hopes for Kanter this year. I have my fingers crossed that Favors takes a big step forward, but I completely expect to see big big things from Kanter. To me he's the current core of the coreX (whatever number we're at these days).

I have very high hopes for Kanter this year. I have my fingers crossed that Favors takes a big step forward, but I completely expect to see big big things from Kanter. To me he's the current core of the coreX (whatever number we're at these days).

Quite possibly.

We need to do the Jazz Survivor thing again. It would be a lot more interesting this year. Get on it, UGLI.

Im probably 9678426th guy who is saying it. But this year will be fun!

@Tribjazz
"Enes Kanter said that today he participated in first 5-on-5 since injuring shoulder."

I don't know if this is good or bad in terms of how much time the injury took to heal, but I can only assume that he would be ready before now if he hadn't taken the surgery. But the injury would always recur. So I'm glad he took that way as a young player who has many years of physical contact on court.

Alright! Go Kanter! I expect the biggest leap forward from him. Moderate ones from Hayward, Burks and Favors. Burke is a wild card.

GO JAZZ!!!

Honestly, a lot of you need to temper your expectations of Kanter. Favors to me is more likely to take the big step forward, doing so both offensively and defensively. I think Kanter will have some monster games, mixed in with a lot of not so great ones as well. I believe Favors will be the one who builds the most chemistry with Burke and Hayward, and his defense is great already.

Honestly, a lot of you need to temper your expectations of Kanter. Favors to me is more likely to take the big step forward, doing so both offensively and defensively. I think Kanter will have some monster games, mixed in with a lot of not so great ones as well. I believe Favors will be the one who builds the most chemistry with Burke and Hayward, and his defense is great already.

I think we know, for the most part, what Favors is. A very skilled D big man with a limited offensive game. Kanter how ever has so much more potential than Favors on the offensive end and is relatively unknown.. I really see them excelling on different ends of the floor.

Favors - elite rebounder, fantastic defender, ok offense
Kanter - elite rebounder, fantastic offensive potential, ok defense

Kanter's D may be >>>> Favors' O
I remember reading here that he was ridiculously good in PnR defence.
That said, let us not get too carried away, Kanter's O is flawed, for -as of now- he is a TO machine.

Kanter's D may be >>>> Favors' O
I remember reading here that he was ridiculously good in PnR defence.
That said, let us not get too carried away, Kanter's O is flawed, for -as of now- he is a TO machine.

I'm not saying that he does not have work to do. However he has shownt he willingness to work and learn and he clearly has the potential. Just look how much less he pulled the ball all the way down on an offensive rebound before going back up by the end of the year.

I think Kanter swings wildly from great games to crappy games to start the year. But by the end I say he is putting up 17ppg and 10 bpg.

Next year he will be a 20-10 guy.

I'm not saying that he does not have work to do. However he has shownt he willingness to work and learn and he clearly has the potential. Just look how much less he pulled the ball all the way down on an offensive rebound before going back up by the end of the year.

I think Kanter swings wildly from great games to crappy games to start the year. But by the end I say he is putting up 17ppg and 10 bpg.

Next year he will be a 20-10 guy.

Lol... Stoked, you've gone too far. I have a feeling your going to be disappointed. I say 10-12 ponts a game and 10 rebounds. The year after he may go 17 & 10 guy. He's still developing and has a ways to go. To be that 20 & 10 guy he needs to improve his athletic ability and explosiveness a lot.

Lol... Stoked, you've gone too far. I have a feeling your going to be disappointed. I say 10-12 ponts a game and 10 rebounds. The year after he may go 17 & 10 guy. He's still developing and has a ways to go. To be that 20 & 10 guy he needs to improve his athletic ability and explosiveness a lot.

If he keeps nailing midrange, I don't see why explosiveness is necessary to average 17 points.

His ability to knock people off their defensive spots will help compensate for his lack of explosiveness. Plus his shooting touch.

Clarification: I worded it poorly. Not averaging 17ppg for the season but if you look at the last month or two it will be 17ppg.

If I am wrong I am wrong. I think people under estimate Kanter. I am looking for him to explode.

His ability to knock people off their defensive spots will help compensate for his lack of explosiveness. Plus his shooting touch.

Clarification: I worded it poorly. Not averaging 17ppg for the season but if you look at the last month or two it will be 17ppg.

If I am wrong I am wrong. I think people under estimate Kanter. I am looking for him to explode.

As much as I hate doing this; ****in this!^^^^