What's new

Official Devin Harris thread

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
How come nobody is excited about Devin Harris?

C'mon, I know we lost a superstar in Deron, but Harris is a very good PG. He had some pretty good numbers in Dallas before being traded to the wastleland that is New Jersey. In fact, he was a 21/7 player when he actually had some talent around him his first year with the Nets. I see no problem with him AT LEAST matching his current 15/8 average. Well, not immediately - he'll be backing up Watson until he learns the offense.

Knocks are his range and durability. But, Harris has only been in the NBA a year longer than Deron. Who knows what the offense will eventually look like under Corbin. I think it will still be structured similar to Jerry's with an emphasis on motion and back-door cuts...certainly PG-friendly.

We've all been talking about Favors, but I think Devin will be a real asset to the team. And I read a quote from Watson saying he actually prefers to be the backup and bring energy off the bench. No, we're not going to have an all-star at PG. But we've got a couple of pretty good ones.

I'm actually looking forward to watching the TEAM again - win or lose.

It's DEVIN HARRIS. Helped Dallas to like a 65 win season (though they lost in the 1st round, lol)

He attacks the basket very well, distributes the ball very well. Man, we got a lot for Williams, and people need to quit bitchin about Devin. Guy wants to play here, and played college in WISCONSIN. You know dude wouldn't mind etching a deal to stay in Utah. He's 27, a year older than Deron.

I think Avery said it one game, in a playoff series when the Mav's played the Warriors that will always make me remember Devin Harris, as Devin Harris.

"Devin Harris, BOY WAS HE SPECIAL!"

He is super quick, the type of pg who used to give Dwill fits. I think with him and Favors we go to more of an up and down tempo. I think we'll be fun to watch.

How's his defense? Offensively, I know what he can do. But how is he on the defensive side of the ball? I know Wisconsin's big on it.

Devin Harris plays wreckless at times. I've seen him make crazy dives after balls and ended up in the fourth or fifth row.

This move is too smooth though. (Sorry for the Mexican HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlA94EPzQU

Diving into the laps of the Laker girls, then smiling and getting up very slowly...definitely should call him "D-Smooth."

Guess Im just not excited...

This guy put up a 21.6 PER his first full season in New Jersey, and made the all-star team. That is comparable to anything Deron has done, even this year (22.1, currently).

I don't watch the Nets (duh, who does?) so I have no idea why he's down these past two seasons. Anyone know?

This guy put up a 21.6 PER his first full season in New Jersey, and made the all-star team. That is comparable to anything Deron has done, even this year (22.1, currently).

I don't watch the Nets (duh, who does?) so I have no idea why he's down these past two seasons. Anyone know?

Extremely up-and-down and has had to be pulled aside to have his bitching and moaning put in check. This kind of behavior has been happening for the last two years.

But he's had some good seasons and has some good tools. We'll see how it goes, but him playing here seems like a huge waste of resources to me.

Extremely up-and-down and has had to be pulled aside to have his bitching and moaning put in check. This kind of behavior has been happening for the last two years.

But he's had some good seasons and has some good tools. We'll see how it goes, but him playing here seems like a huge waste of resources to me.

Waste of resources? What do you mean?

Waste of resources? What do you mean?

Committing significant salary and time to a player in his prime when the Jazz are clearly rebuilding and could probably net financial savings, youth, and/or picks if they got rid of him. That jives a lot more with rebuilding and having all of your players hit at the right time.

And yes, I know management is pretending that losing the longest-tenured coaches in pro sports, the franchise player, and basically everything in the last two years is not rebuilding.

And yes, I know management is pretending that losing the longest-tenured coaches in pro sports, the franchise player, and basically everything in the last two years is not rebuilding.

The Jazz may eventually "rebuild", but as it stands now they have:

• Three former all-stars, at PG, SF, and C, all 31 and younger
  • Another 26 yr old near-all-star playing in the post
  • Another up and coming PF
  • The third pick of the last draft as a backstop
  • A never-ending trainwreck at the wing (a lot of upcoming draft picks to clean this up)
  • Shaq2 in waiting at backup-backup center

Call me a pollyanna, but if they can get some of this s*** to come together, why can't they be good again, and soon?

For some perspective, here are some cherrypicked PG 2010-2011 PER numbers:

• Deron, 22.1
  • Curry, 19.9
  • Rondo 18.5
  • Harris, 18.0
  • Lawson, 17.2
  • Wall, 15.3
  • Kidd, 15.1
  • Nelson, 15.1
  • "Average Player", 15.0
  • Maynor, 11.4
  • Watson, 10.6
  • Price, -902830498230948203948.23

Harris is a good player and I've always thought that. I just don't see his being here now helping with the longterm goal of winning a championship. And I don't think he's stoked to be here, either, but I could be wrong.